The last stone, we meet again!!

Queen Bizzle

Silver Member
HELLO!! :D

My name is Biz, I'm 25 and work in marketing... this basically means I sit on my bum all day and eat!! one of the main reasons I ever started putting on weight! I’ve just decided to go back in to education and have applied to do a fashion degree at uni – EEK! Another reason I want to lose weight so that I can actually feel good in the clothes I make!! I’m not new to the site but I’ve not posted on here for a while as my lap top broke!!! So I’d just like to say hi and share my story with you :)

I started doing various diets about two years ago and my weight has yo-yoed like crazy! :mad: I’ve tried Slimming world, exante, south beach, atkins and calorie counting but find slimming world the best and easiest to stick to! I’m finally back down to 10 stone 6. I've reached this weight a few times and even gone a little lower but always gone back up! I was 12 stone back in October last year and have lost a stone and a half in 6 months :) .... Now I'm here AGAIN I am determined to keep going and actually hit my target and maintain. Rather than getting comfortable and eating my way back up to 12 stone again!

So here’s my plan for getting past the last stone:

Keeping this diary - I thought this might help me be more conscious of my eating as I think I tend to forget things on purpose ;)
Exercise - I want to start using my exercise bike and walking more
Drinking more fluids – Keeping a bottle of water on my desk at all times and drinking green tea
Sticking to the diet at weekends / when I have friends over – I’m always so good in the week but at the weekend or when I have people over I tend to be lazy and eat with them... takeaways and alcohol being the main downfall, which leads me on to my next point
Trying new recipes – I’m hoping this will help me stick to the diet so that I can still have things like pizza and curry. I’ve recently discovered the pitta pizza which I am going to save for weekends to have as a treat... hoping to discover more recipes like this :)

I mainly follow extra easy as I can’t give up carbs or meat!! I love them both equally :) So far so good today, I will be back this evening / tomorrow with an update of the day's munchables :) xx

Hi Biz :)

Well done on the weight loss so far.

I'm also on SW (though Saturday will be my 5th weigh in) so will be watching your diary with interest :)

Good luck :)

Hiya :) ahh thanks .. how you finding it so far? I stopped going to the classes as Iit wasn't fitting in with work, so nice to come on here for support. Diary will have to suffice for weekly weigh ins too :) xx

Yeah, I like it. Just have to remember not to go crazy at the weekends! :p

I write all my good down, even if I go crazy. I think it really helps. Xx

Yeah I think writing down the bad stuff helps especially, on a bad day I can get through a ridiculous amount of food so helps me to see what a pig I am haha xx

Diary day one:

Extra easy

Breakfast: Ham & cheese toastie
-Ham (free)
-2x laughing cow cheese (part of HEA)
-2x whole meal bread (HEB)

Snacks: banana, apple (free)

Lunch: chicken, Ham & beetroot salad with cous cous and a few wedges - all free except sainsburys cous cous - 1 syn.

Which looked like this... There's lettuce and tomatoes under there I promise ;)
image-3577733073.jpg

Dinner: chicked stuffed with laughing cow, wrapped in bacon, wedges and salad - all free apart from cow cheese as part of HEA

Now that all sounds amazing... BUT!!! I had a couple of things that I don't kno the syn values of... Off to work that out now :/ xxx

EDIT**
Now for the syns :(

I had....
a slice of victoria sponge which I'm working out to be 8 syns ,
a mini chocolate doughnut - cant find the exact product syns so going with the jam minis - 3.5 syns
a mini brownie - going the same as the above on syns as I can only find the slightly bigger ones - 3.5
TOTAL 15 syns... not the worst but I am trying for 10!!

Last edited:
Had my first university interview this week and it all went a bit off track. Had pizza and stuff at the weekend to help me through all my portfolio preparation, pretty much lost count of my syns :( .... BUT!! I stayed the same weight and fresh start was yesterday!! so here goes....

Diary - WEEK 2

Extra easy plan

Day one:
Thursday 26th April

Breakfast:
Ham & cheese toastie
-Ham (free)

Snacks: banana, apple (free)

Lunch:
BBQ Chicken and rice with salad (all free)

Snacks:
banana, apple (free)

Dinner:
Chicken stuffed with laughing cow and garlic, wrapped in bacon (part of HEA)
SW Chips
Salad
Light mayo (2 syns)

- all free apart from cow cheese as part of HEA

Snacks:
Curly Wurly 6.5
4 x Mini milks 1.5 each = 6

Total syns = 14.5

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day two:
Friday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] April

Breakfast:
Ham & cheese toastie
-Ham (free)

Snacks:
lots of fruit (free)

Lunch:

Snacks:
banana, apple (free)

Dinner:
Co op chicken breasts, breaded (12 syns - so won’t cheat on this again!)
SW Chips
Extra light mayo (1 syn)

Snacks:
Home made chicken kebab:
Chicken – free
Brown Pitta (6 syns)
Cheese (part of HEA)
Extra light mayo (2 syns as larger serving)

Total syns = 21!!

Day three and four:

Saturday 28th April and Sunday 29[SUP]th[/SUP] April

THE WEEKEND

COMPLETELY OFF THE RAILS AGAIN

Can’t even begin to work the syns out. Was viewing houses in London all day on Saturday, so was on the go and finding it difficult to find anything healthy to eat! and then stayed in a hotel. Wasn’t as bad as the old me but I still shared a 12” pizza for my dinner then had chocolates for desert, then Malibu, then crisps.... Sunday Was equally bad as I had a macdonalds! I’m home all weekend next week so will be stocking up on healthy food and trying new recipes.

Total syns = LOADS, MILLIONS, LOTS :mad:

Day five:
Monday 30th April

Breakfast:
Cheese on toast
2 x whole meal bread (HEB)
2 x laughing cow (part of HEA)

Snacks:
lots of fruit (free)

Lunch:
Chinese Chicken and rice with salad (all free)

Snacks:
banana, apple (free) options hot choc (2 syns)

Dinner:
Chicken wrapped in bacon stuffed with laughing cow cheese (all free except cheese - part of HEA)
50g frozen potato wedges (3 syns)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)

Snacks:
Brown pitta with cheese (6 syns)

Total syns = 12!!

--------------------------------
Day six:
Tuesday 1[SUP]st[/SUP] May

Breakfast:
Ham & cheese toastie
-Ham (free)

Snacks:
lots of fruit (free)

Lunch:

Snacks:
banana, apple (free) options hot choc (2 syns)

Dinner:
Chicken kebab
Chicken and veggies (free)
Brown Pitta (6 syns)
X light mayo ( 3syns)

Snacks:
2 x mini milk – 3 syns

Total syns = 14 syns
----------------------------------------

Day seven:
Wednesday 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] May

Breakfast:
Ham & cheese toastie
-Ham (free)

Snacks:
lots of fruit (free)

Lunch:

Snacks:
banana, apple (free) options hot choc

Dinner:
Domino’s Pizza + wine!! :(

Total syns = Probably about a million :(

----------------------------------------

:talk017:

My thoughts for the week:

Right. So this is another week written off!! I feel so disappointed in myself, I know so many good recipes that I would have enjoyed equally as much as pizzas and mcdonalds but I've let convenience get in the way. Hoping to use this negative feeling as motivation to succeed next week. Also hoping to actually learn from my mistakes and plan myself better. I'm going to London for the day on Saturday so planning to take some fruit and rice salads with me so im not tempted by shop bought sandwiches or junk food! Also planning to go to the gym and spend time on my exercise bike. Going to weigh myself in the morning and start a fresh.

Good parts - general day to day eating. I'm very organised with food when I'm at work and need to keep to this when I'm with friends or out and about.

Bad parts - wine and pizza! This weekend I'm going to try new recipes to find even more yummy meals (especially one's I can knock up quickly) to stop me taking the easy way out... swapping wine for vodka and zero cal fizzy drinks... It is bank holiday, I have to be realistic that I'll drink.

Last edited:
Thanks!! I've amended my diary above for the week and as you can see, another bad weekend. Going to check your thread now :) At home this weekend so apart from a few drinks I won't have any rushing around or junk food to contend with! And no my real name isn't Biz but it's what everyone calls me, even my mum haha. :D xx

Thanks!! I've amended my diary above for the week and as you can see, another bad weekend. Going to check your thread now :) At home this weekend so apart from a few drinks I won't have any rushing around or junk food to contend with! And no my real name isn't Biz but it's what everyone calls me, even my mum haha. :D xx

don't beat yourself up, think that you can have a sensible weekend coming up, which is almost two weeks until you let some mayhem in! Bank Holiday too!

so make these two weeks count soldier! lol

Just found out my mum is bringing round a domino's tonight as we're celebrating the finding of my cat! (He's been missing for two weeks!!) Luckily I do my diary Thursday - Thursday so going to write this last week off (again) and at least I'm not gaining, that's the main thing! Like you say, sensible weekend coming up. Fresh start! Being very sensible today to account for the pizza tonight!

I hate the last stone I have just over that and have stayed the same (without SW) for the last 4 months. I am off to my first SW meeting tonight so I hope I can shift just over a stone! Are you doing extra easy? I am so worried with all the food you can eat I'll put on! How are u finding it?

Yeah I always do extra easy. I get really ratty if I don't have enough carbs and I find not having much meat really boring. It is very easy to follow which is why I don't know why I'm doing so bad ... (see my last week's diary - it's awful!) I think the main thing is plan plan plan!! That's what I'm doing today. I'm going to work out what I should eat every day this weekend and try to keep it varied so I don't get bored. When there's no food in the house I always opt for bad food when I'm hungry as it's quick and easy. If I've made the effort to go to the shop I can't then be bothered to spend ages preparing something healthy so I always grab a pizza or something. NOT GOOD!! Good luck with your first week :) let me know how you get on!! :) xx

Diary Week 3

As I failed so miserably last week, I’m going to try something new and plan my food first, especially at weekends. I will post my plans up before and then add in anything extra that I had after. I hope this doesn’t get too confusing! My planned diet is in grey at the bottom, any additional foods/syns will be highlighted in red.

To try and fill me up a bit more I'm going to drink a glass of water before every meal and keep a bottle of water on me at all times. And for a bit of an extra push I'm going to be adding in some exercise too. Feeling really focussed today! :)

------------------------------------------------------------

Day one: Thursday 3rd May

Breakfast
2 bananas, 1 apple (free)

Snacks
Ham & cheese toastie
- Ham (free)
- 2x laughing cow cheese (part of HEA)
- 2x whole meal bread (HEB)

Lunch
Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1/2 pack Sainsbury’s cooked Chinese chicken breast (free)
- ½ pack Sainsbury’s 2 minute meal egg fried rice (0.5 syns)
- lettuce, cherry tomatoes, red onion (free)
- ¼ pot Sainsbury's Be Good to Yourself Beetroot Salad(free)
Shape delight 0% Yoghurt Raspberry (0.5 syns)

Snacks
1 banana, 1 apple (free)
1/2 pot sainsburys BGTY cous cous (0.5 syns)

Dinner
Chicken Stir fry
IMG_1133.jpg

(Think I made a little too much.. leftovers for the next few days!! )
- 1 chicken breast (free)
- mixed stir fry veg (free)
- rice (free)
- 1/2 blue dragon chow mein sauce packet (2.5 syns)

Total syns = 4

Exercise

Exercise bike for 10 minutes
Stuck to my plan 100% today!! Even took off the hot choc as I didn't get a chocolate craving in the afternoon :) really pleased with myself and going to try keeping my syns this low in case I want to have a drink at the weekend. Also managed to fit in some exercise - going to start slowly building it up :D

Day two: Friday 4[SUP]th[/SUP] May

Breakfast

1 banana (free) - not very healthy to just have this all morning but forgot the rest!

Lunch
Left over stir fry
- 1 chicken breast (free)
- mixed stir fry veg (free)
- rice (free)
- 1/2 blue dragon chow mein sauce packet (2.5 syns)

Snacks
1 banana, 1 apple (free)

Dinner
Southern fried chicken breast fillet (8syns)
Salad
1/2 pot sainsburys BGTY cous cous (0.5 syn)

Snack
Pizza 12.5

Total syns = 23.5

Week total so far 27.5 / 30

A few hiccups today but I had dinner at my mums. I don't know the syn value for the chicken so used the highest one, even though it was proper breast with southern fried crumbs on so hoping it wasn't actually that bad!! I didn't have my heb today which is usually bread so also hoping that might balance me out??? Wishful thinking ;) I am still under syns for the week but I wanted to save more up for the weekend... Oh well!! Still pleased as I couldve done worse when eating at someone else's!! To still be under syns on a Friday night and to have not had wine is so good for me!!

Day three: Saturday 5[SUP]th[/SUP] May

Breakfast
2 bananas, 1 apple (free)

Snacks
Ham & cheese Sandwich
- Ham (free)
- Salad (free)

Lunch
I’m going to be out in London viewing houses so going to try make up some chicken, rice and salad the night before to take with me so that I don’t snack on shop bought sandwiches. I have also made a list of low syn supermarket snacks in case I get hungry on the way home.

Snacks
fruit (free)

Dinner
Steak and wedges
- Steak (free)
- SW wedges (free)
- Salad (free)
- X light mayo (1 syn)

Total syns = 1 syn

(**Planned food for the day)

Day four: Sunday 6[SUP]th[/SUP] May

Breakfast
Fry up
- Bacon (free)
- Eggs (free)
- Beans (free)
- Tomatoes (free)
Plus fruit

Snacks
Fruit (free)

Lunch
Chicken Stir fry

Snacks
fruit (free)

Dinner
SW Spaghetti Bolognese
- Spaghetti (free)
- Mince (free)
- sauce (free)
- homemade garlic bread (need to work syns)

Total syns = 1 syn

(**Planned food for the day)

Last edited:
Im giving extra easy a go this week to see how I get on - it just seems so much food!
I think you are right planning meals is the key especially if i get home late from work or the gym I tend to not want to cook. Ive prepared the SW meatballs already for tonight and will do the sauce when I get in so its mostly done before I get home. I have afternoon tea on monday which is a pain but cant not go, i got told to limit my sins this weeks and then get right back on after the tea so will try that i hope i lose something this week! I think I iwll use sunday to prepare some things for lunch next week. What do you usually do for lunch? I find that the hardest meal!

Im giving extra easy a go this week to see how I get on - it just seems so much food!
I think you are right planning meals is the key especially if i get home late from work or the gym I tend to not want to cook. Ive prepared the SW meatballs already for tonight and will do the sauce when I get in so its mostly done before I get home. I have afternoon tea on monday which is a pain but cant not go, i got told to limit my sins this weeks and then get right back on after the tea so will try that i hope i lose something this week! I think I iwll use sunday to prepare some things for lunch next week. What do you usually do for lunch? I find that the hardest meal!

I actually find lunch the easiest as I'm at work away from temptation haha. I get egg friend rice from sainsbury's and the cooked flavoured chicken (it's the packs of chicken breast in the chilled meat bit) and have half of that one day and half the next warmed up in the microwave. I have it with salad which I try and out everything in to so I don't get bored, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, beet root and some laughing cow triangles :) it's yum. I used to make up rice and chicken for a few days at the start of the week, I think that works out a bit cheaper too but I can't be bothered at the minute haha xx

Back