The Last Stone!

alyrose

Last summer I lost 2stone following a mix of the special K diet and making sure I didn't go over my daily points limit (I use the old system of just points as I'm a poor student so can't afford meetings but already have the old stuff in the house)

It's coming up for summer again which means I can get out more for walks and jogs :) I'm currently 10st 7lbs and would like to lose the last stone so my BMI will be well into the healthy section and so I am fully comfortable in my skin :)

I realised the other day my portion sizes have really crept up again and that was the reason I stopped losing weight! So I'm determined to be a lot stricter with myself!

So far today...

Breakfast: 30g cornflakes with semi-skimmed milk (3 pts)

Went for a walk/jog for 45mins
Also I have work later on which is another 50 minutes of walking (there and back)

Also, I forgot to mention I tried SlimFast recently but found it quite hard as I didn't enjoy replacing my meals. I prefer real food :D

Lunch: 40g weetabix minis, semi-skimmed milk and OJ (4 pts)

I'm working 11.30-5pm today with just one small break so I've had another bowl of cereal before I go and I'm taking a snack bar with me (1.5pts) to tide me over until dinner. I hate working these hours, they're awkward and hard to fit a proper lunch in there!

Nice to meet you! You've done so well so far :D

I've had a few days off while my bf was back home, starting back tomorrow! It's supposed to be really warm and sunny tomorrow so can't wait to go out for a jog tomorrow morning - surprisingly I have missed them! Also going out to play mini-golf and dance class at night :)

Haven't gone far over my points this weekend so hoping I haven't gained anything. Today I have had...

1 1/2 crumpets with unsalted butter & OJ (4ish)
Peanut Butter Toastie & OJ (6 or 7 pts)

And planning to cook egg fried rice for dinner tonight as I know it is low points and good for me! If you fancy trying it here is what I do:

Cook 2oz of rice for around 15 mins, drain it and put it back in the pan with some oil. I also add scarmbled eggs and peas. Fry it for around 5 mins and add some soy sauce - simple!

It is incredibly filling and around 5 points in the old system :)

alyrose said:
And planning to cook egg fried rice for dinner tonight as I know it is low points and good for me! If you fancy trying it here is what I do:

Cook 2oz of rice for around 15 mins, drain it and put it back in the pan with some oil. I also add scarmbled eggs and peas. Fry it for around 5 mins and add some soy sauce - simple!

It is incredibly filling and around 5 points in the old system :)

Sounds delish!!

It is :) And you can always change the recipe around to suit you, e.g. less rice, more eggs or add more veg!

Been for a walk at the beach today and a round of mini golf! Hopefully that burned off some of the Pizza Hut pizza ;)

So far today...

Breakfast: Cornflakes & OJ (4)
Lunch: 3 slices pan pizza 9" (half the cheese, tuna)

If anyone knows the points value for lunch it would be very helpful, I've tried to work it out using their nutrition info but they only give it for the basic pizzas...

Lol yes I'm sure that would've burned off some of the pizza.sorry that I can't help with the pp there but I'm sure someone else will know,might try the egg fried rice at the weekend with something else,lower pp Chinese treat!!

I'm having brown egg fried rice tonight as well but I never new you had to putoil in lol and keep up the weight loss :) x

Yeah I prefer to put in a tiny bit of oil to fry it :) Ooo! Mushrooms would be gorgeous in it!

Today's diary:

Breakfast: weetabix choco minis & OJ (6)
Lunch: Low fat Sandwich (2) Chocolate (5)
Dinner: Burger, Wedges & Salad (5)
Snack: Haribo (2) Strawberry & OJ smoothie (1)

I've also done plenty of walking today and went for a 40 minute cycle to the other end of town :) Hopefully that has worked off some of the naughty things I've had today! Oops!

I'm trying the egg fried rice tomorrow :0) aww your munchie stuff doesn't sound too bad,well done on the 40 minute bike ride and a walk,been great weather for it.

I've just made some for my lunch at work tomorrow, as well as a banana and strawberry smoothie for my tea break! I'm not going to take my purse as I know I will end up buying chocolate from the vending machine.

It has been fantastic weather! Long may it continue :D I love going for walks and such outdoors!

Yea perfect weather for walks plus bike rides but I need to get my bike fixed for that lol.Thats good you've prepared your food for work,I haven't had a smoothie in ages! Good idea bout ignoring the vending machines!

Today...

Breakfast - cornflakes & oj (4)
Lunch - Egg Fried Rice (4ish)
Dinner - Bolognase & garlic bread (8)
Snacks - samples from costco (3?), cookie (1) hot chocolate (1) haribo (1) smoothie (1)

Definitely need to work on my snacking!! I'm awful :(

Walked to and from work today (total of 50 mins) so hopefully no gains! I haven't gained anything so far but would like to start losing not just maintaining what I've lost in the past. But I feel like I've done better today than other days so if I can just improve a little bit every day I will be happy :)

Sounds like you are doing really well ;0) enjoyed be egg fried rice tonight,will have it again but will try it with less rice next time.

I find it easier to diet when I'm not at University or work so I have the first easter week off both! Determined to do this! :D

I also find it easier to stick to my daily limit by eating cereal instead of two meals (eg. breakfast and lunch). This is how I lost two stone last year, so figured I would give it another bash. I use WW points to make sure I'm not going over my daily limit with snacks or dinner.

Today I have eaten...

Breakfast: Weetabix minis & OJ (4)
Lunch: Rice Crispies & coffee (4)
Dinner: Stir fry (4ish)
Snacks: Two lindor (4) Snack bar (1.5)

So a total of 17.5 points today which is exactly what I am aiming for to lose weight, I find 20 points isn't low enough for me to lose weight so I aim for around 18, my mum gave me this tip as she is the same. Also, this is using the OLD points system :)

Also walked quite a bit today and drank plenty of water! Bring on day 2 :D

Back