The Lent challenge

Today I thought I would make the infamous Mush y Pea Curry . Hmm, not impressed, maybe it's the artificial taste of the sweetener ? I may experiment with this at a later date , perhaps use fruit to sweeten it ? Has anyone else found a variation to get around this ?

It's now day six of forty and although I have done ok I don't feel any different . The scales will tell tomorrow . I really have restricted my fat intake and increased fruit and veg . I have had only my allowance of dairy and filled up on meat and pasta . I have snacked on mug shots and mint millers , drank lots of water and cooked a variety of allowable meals . Overall I have used my syns and made sure I have started the day with a good breakfast . If I could score myself out of 100 this week I would say I would award myself 85% . What would you award yourself this week ? I marked myself down because one night I ate cake and chocolate that wasn't planned

Well the challenge is doing ok . Get weighed tonight - fingers crossed . Spent a couple of hours cooking preparing meals and breakfasts but don't want to eat til I have been to class lol !

lancashiregirl said:
Well the challenge is doing ok . Get weighed tonight - fingers crossed . Spent a couple of hours cooking preparing meals and breakfasts but don't want to eat til I have been to class lol !

Debbie come on you haven't updated your diary with your fab news from yesterday x

Oh aye lol ! Lost three and a half pounds - totalling eight . Won slimmer of the week ( fake modesty) and snaffled the raffle lol . I sort of scored a Hat Trick !

HahaHa I loved sw when I was there I've still got my book with my slimmer of the week stickers. It worked for years for me. And yeah a big clap all round x

We still like stickers even as grown ups ! Think I will ask my boss to give me stickers as there is no chance in this day and age for a pay rise lol !

Same where I work, again no pay rise.... don't they know how expensive it is to be on a diet lol

hey- just came across your thread and thought i'd say "hi"

i decided for lent I would be 100% on plan :) and also, I have given up my takeaways (which i have at work on a friday- only 5 syns but i just wanted to see if i could quit, lol)

i've been on plan since the start of lent and am still focused :) I lost 6lb last week and 4lb this week! Hope for 2.5lb to get my 8 1/2 stone award and my "smiley face" sticker for getting into the 13's :D

All the best to you!!

LittleFlutterby said:
hey- just came across your thread and thought i'd say "hi"

i decided for lent I would be 100% on plan :) and also, I have given up my takeaways (which i have at work on a friday- only 5 syns but i just wanted to see if i could quit, lol)

i've been on plan since the start of lent and am still focused :) I lost 6lb last week and 4lb this week! Hope for 2.5lb to get my 8 1/2 stone award and my "smiley face" sticker for getting into the 13's :D

All the best to you!!

Hi flutterby fantastic weight loss nice to hear of another sticker lover, pop in for a chat any time :) and yeah is that 8.5 stone!!!!!!!

lancashiregirl said:
Lol Sue I totally agree . I was on annual leave last week and must have gone to a supermarket every day !

Debs think I'm know in all the supemarkets lol

Hi :) thanks for the welcome :)

I'm at 8 stone 5lb loss but hoping to get my 8 1/2 stone next week!

Wow that is amazing ! Eight and a half stone !!!I want to lose another four and a half stone so I think I will be around for some time to come !

I contacted my weight loss surgery company on Thursday to see if they can help with the fact I am not working very well with my band - she said she would call me back on Monday - still waiting . They don't want to know if you struggle with it and I feel let down . WLS have a good reputation but are not supporting me like I would like . So it is down to me with the help of slimming world and anyone who wants to join me and my challenge not to just slim for lent - but to lose four and a half stone.

I'm with you Debbie.......I'll be on my weight loss journey long after lent is over......
The clinic should be giving you more post-op support, not a good advertisement for them, especially on a weight loss forum ! Even though were on different plans support is support, come on girl we can do it x 2 .5 stone in total left or me I want to be there for end of june....have you got a date in mind?

Back