The little less boozing but a bit more body magic team!!

Lucylu79

Gold Member
This is me saying to myself right now that I need to stop relaxing with a glass of vino and instead do some more exercise!!!!

I managed a 4.3 mile run yesterday and i'm feeling rather smug due to the fact that I chose to drink 2 pints of squash rather than relaxing with a glass of ice cold Sauvingnon Blanc, urggg did I just say that!!!

Truth is, this time last year I went off the rails. Hubs and I ordered a lot of wine for our Christmas presents but stupidly bought what we like so it became very tempting!!! From the 1st dec to Christmas day we'd pretty much drank it all, not cool!!! Yes we enjoyed it but it was soooo naughty! So, in Jan, I successfully completed the 'Dryathlon' and not one sip of alcohol passed my lips, it was great except for all the headaches I experienced in Jan due to stress. I think that being stressed and not being able to have that 'relax' in the evening didn't help so it became quite a miserable month in the end. In feb the stress stopped (Tax returns) and the headaches finally passed and by the end of Feb I started having a drink at the weekends again. Skip forward a few months and hubs and I were back to normal, drinking in the week when we really shouldn't!

So, thats a bit about me! I sound like an alcoholic, i'm not, I just really enjoy being with Hubs and having that warm relaxing feeling of having a drink a bit more than most!

My goal is to run 5k without stopping by Christmas, i'm nearly there, I also want to re-start the 30 day squat challenge as I have knee problems and have physio exercises to do, so the squat challenge will go great side by side. My knees a bit sore today after the run but I will attempt some exercises later.

I'm going to cheat and say that I started yesterday so here goes:

Day 1 - Run 4.3 Miles, no booze!
Day 2 -

Join me if you want too!!! Be nice to have some friends xx

I'll join you on getting in a little Body Magic..... if I may

I am doing Leslie Sansone walk aerobic dvd's - one Gentle mile tonight.

My plan is to do 1 mile every day for a week and then progress and build upon that routine

I've given up booze as a bad job - its like Pringles to me....... so i don't start.

I'll cheer you on though

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

I am so sorry that I never saw your replies!!!!! Very very bad of me but thank you so much for replies! I never did the alcohol bit but I am running 10 miles on average a week which stops me drinking them nights, just need to stop the others out of habit now!

It's a hard habit to break. A nice glass of red when you've finished doing what needs to be done. I've pledged to not buy any bottles of wine this week and ill stick to sugar free cordial. Did it last night and I actually slept better

Yes I haven't had a drop since sat night so i'm really hoping to make it to the weekend!!! Got lots of washing and irioning done last night when usually I would of just relaxed instead. Feeling great today!

Back