The men that made us fat

K9KT

Did anyone see this programme last week? I missed last nights but will watch it on catch up! It's soooo interesting, in the 70s they introduced low fat products to keep with trend but to keep the flavour bunged in a load of sugar, they didn't think this would make them fat as it wasn't actual fat! Also they replaced sugar with sucrose which is a low fat sweetener seen in diet drinks etc, this has been linked to a chemical in our brain called leptin, this chemical tells us when we are full and had enough but too much sucrose can cut off this chemical so we never feel full and keep eating! I do recommend a watch it's very interesting!!

What channel was this on please?

it was on either bbc1 or 2, so you should be able to catch it on iplayer.

I saw the 1st one last week, and have recorded last nights. this weeks is about the super-sizing trend. it was really interesting last week.

i've seen the last 2 weeks its scarey how much power these companies have and its just the tip of the ice burge. i have read a book called chocolate busters by jason vale and that goes into how the chocolate companies condition us from being a child to reach for chocolate in lots of different situations and loads of other scarey stuff.
i thought the low fat one was next weeks one.

this week was super sizing. last week was fructose corn syrup.

Back