The Men Who Made Us Thin- BBC2 9pm

I watched it, it was brill some really interesting points, I think there are about 4 programs about 'dieting' & the nxt one is about diet foods I think.

Some interesting quotes from the Slim Fast guy & previous WW marketing(?) guy, you'll know when you hear them!!!

It was on in the background while I was sorting through my old (slimmer!) clothes and chucking some out into charity bins but I'll iPlayer it later to watch it properly. Very shocked by what the old WW guy said!

Personally I do believe if a diet fails (proper ones like WW anyway) it is the individuals fault! Over the 18 months I've been doing WW I only put on weight when I was pregnant and only the odd naughty weeks :)

WW is the only diet I don't cheat on, I cheat on all the others lol! X

I thought it was really interesting. These fad diets are doomed to failure- who can sustain cold baths, coffee for breakfast and blowing up balloons in the long term, with their life and family etc? Or doing slim fast- replacing 2 meals with shakes. I would miss food and cheat!

But WW is different. It teaches you a new way of life rather than just altering your diet to quickly lose weight. It's designed so that if you do it properly you can eat a balanced diet, lose weight and keep it off if you permanently make changes.

I thought it was really interesting. These fad diets are doomed to failure- who can sustain cold baths, coffee for breakfast and blowing up balloons in the long term, with their life and family etc? Or doing slim fast- replacing 2 meals with shakes. I would miss food and cheat!

But WW is different. It teaches you a new way of life rather than just altering your diet to quickly lose weight. It's designed so that if you do it properly you can eat a balanced diet, lose weight and keep it off if you permanently make changes.

I think WW is a way of life rather than a diet that's why I've never really bought into their 'own' products as people who are naturally thin don't eat a particular brand of food, they just know when to stop eating lol x

That's some good philosophy Serena!

I only eat the WW meals before WI so I know that it's exactly the same each week. Oh, and when I go to my boyfriends as it's much easier!

That's some good philosophy Serena!

I only eat the WW meals before WI so I know that it's exactly the same each week. Oh, and when I go to my boyfriends as it's much easier!

I think convenience food has its place in society but it shouldn't be the foundation of every meal! I have never eaten the wrong food, I've just eaten far too much of the stuff, now I've controlled my hunger or satisfied it with zero heroes I feel like I'm getting somewhere! No WW Food required most of the time, just a smaller plate! X

I prefer what I call "proper food" as I think you get more from your points but I do still eat "convenience" foods, they are so handy when you are lacking in time.

I prefer what I call "proper food" as I think you get more from your points but I do still eat "convenience" foods, they are so handy when you are lacking in time.

I'm so looking forward to my proper food roast tonight, don't think i could ever say I was looking forward to a ready meal! X

Just a heads up that on iplayer there's the other series called 'the men who made us fat' by the same guy. It's really interesting! The first one was about the dangers of high fructose corn syrup, and sugar.

Just a heads up that on iplayer there's the other series called 'the men who made us fat' by the same guy. It's really interesting! The first one was about the dangers of high fructose corn syrup, and sugar.

I think I remember watching that one last year but I did record both of them! I really wish the Dispatches re WW hadn't been taken down from the net, I'd love to have seen that again! X

Didn't see this was going to be on. I'm downloading it now on Sky demand. A bit of afternoon distraction from snacking temptation!

Didn't see this was going to be on. I'm downloading it now on Sky demand. A bit of afternoon distraction from snacking temptation!

Hope u enjoyed watching it? I tuned in last night! X

I thought it was interesting. I disagreed with the way they conveyed diets not working. In my opinion it is the dieters not the diet that make it work. I think diets like ww and sw are sustainable as you dont restrict food like on fad diets.

I thought it was interesting. I disagreed with the way they conveyed diets not working. In my opinion it is the dieters not the diet that make it work. I think diets like ww and sw are sustainable as you dont restrict food like on fad diets.

Totally Agree! It would be a very boring life to live on certain foods, in some respects I even found SW too restricting, yes you could eat unlimited of foods (no good for me as I have no concept of portion control) but I felt far too restricted when I ate out which I do on a regular basis. Now Im on WW I can choose if I want to spend 10pp or 40pp but its my choice which I love! X

Back