The nicest hot chocolate outside of Starbucks!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by jaylou, 9 November 2009.

1. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Now I'm not much of a low fat, artificial type hot chocolate lover although I do partake of the odd Options type drink and I love a yummy full fat Starbucks hot choc with all the trimmings but having just walked the dog in the freezing cold I needed something to warm me up and I've opened a sachet of....

Highlights Dark chocolate drink and it's absolutely gorgeous!!! I bought them on a whim for something different and now I'll have to try and find a pot of it as the sachets are expensive. I'm please that after all this time I've managed to find one I really like!

Just wanted to share with you lovely people :D
    cocktailprincess likes this.
  2. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

It is gorgeous isnt it???
    I have yet to see the pot though. I've only come across the milk chocolate one. Thats lovely too!
  3. LisaC

LisaC Well-Known Member

Does it go nice & creamy when mix it with milk before the water? I may have to try! Do you know the syn value?
  4. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

They are 2 syns each and go really nice and thick.
  5. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Yep, I added a splash of milk after the hot water as I find these drinks don't mix in properly if I add the milk first.
  6. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

I love these but I'm sure the lifeline online diary stated that the dark chocolate had a different syn value to the milk choc ones. Do you know if that is right? My favourite is the mocha one MMMMmmmmmm
  7. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

Just checked, it's even better!!

Cadbury Highlights Hot Chocolate Drink, Dark Chocolate, Less Than 1g Fat, dried 11g sachet[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG] Original 1½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][​IMG][/FONT] Green 1½ Syns[/FONT]
  8. LisaC

LisaC Well-Known Member

Oh brilliant, Ill be trying it for sure, dark choc's my fav!
  9. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Thank you Jaylou, I shall be adding these to my shopping list this week. X
  10. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Thanks mate- like you I don't really go for 'low fat' things if it feels like a compromise, so I look forward to giving these a go now the weather has gone bad

11. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Yes, I must say that I far prefer the highlights to the options hot chocolate. They have changed the recipe recently and they are all really chocolatey. The mocha one is also great! Add some skooshy cream or marshmallows and they make a great indulgent yet low syn treat :D
  12. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

Right now my mouth is watering...... (off to the shop for marshmallows)
  13. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Well-Known Member

Mmmm...might have to try one mixed with some coffee - yum!
    jaylou likes this.
  14. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

oooh, I didn't know about highlights.
    I have the options ones here which are lovely but better with a splash of milk!
  15. Abbysmum

Abbysmum Well-Known Member

I enjoy this with light squirty cream (1 syn for 12g and you get quite alot for that) and a maltezer on top :)
  16. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

How are you not tempted to eat the whole bag of maltesers???? :eek: lol
  17. suse_09

suse_09 Well-Known Member

If anyone likes ginger they do a ginger hot chocolate limited edition options sachet at the moment and its GORGEOUS tastes much richer than the normal options and its lovely and warming for cold days!
  18. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

19. poppyowner

poppyowner Well-Known Member

Abbysmum - what squirty cream do you use? I buy the Asda Good For You version and it works out as 0.5 syns for 25ml :)

20. Lucky7

Lucky7 Well-Known Member

Hot choc now before byes I think... night night