The one miracle JUDDD doesn't perform

zakcat

Only speaking for myself of course ;).

Last week was bad, being very stressed and anxious on the job front meant I really screwed up my Wed and Fri DDs. Managed to fast as normal up to tea time and then went into overdrive eating anything and everything in sight, it was almost binge like. Missed my weigh in on Saturday, pretty pointless and am back to normal today.

Now JUDDD being JUDDD no big disaster, written off and back on track but I really need to manage that comfort eating factor when things are bad, telling myself I can eat what I want tomorrow doesn't help, its like my brain is intent on what it wants to do no matter what.

Any tips? I'm guessing its a bit of a learnt behaviour kind of thing, food was always used as a comfort/treat in my family.

Food has always been a comfort factor in my life too so I know where you are coming from, however I find the longer I do this plan the less I want to overeat, firstly because I like the feeling of being satisfied but I have grown to hate the feeling of being overly full, even on a weekend where I nevr count and eat whatever I want I have started leaving things on my plate and just having the 1 bar of chocolate instead of 2, I have a better relationship with food now than I have ever done, obviously I don't know if this effect is just me or the plan, hopefully others will offer their persepective on it.

I have completely learned to let go of all of my diet anxiety, I do not count on up days and I just make sure I have 3 good meals and one treat. Sometimes I have a binge day and that's ok. Letting go of the anxiety has enabled me to see food as food, and not some glorified fix it for all of my problems. Sometimes it doesn't work, but I just dust down that day and get on with tomorrow.

I had a bumpy start on juddd and didn't think I could control my ups ever, but it came to me slowly but surely. Your appetite will get better, and you do want food less and less.

Sometimes it's better to know your demon and let him out every now and then. Better that than bottling up your problems, or chanelling them into something as equally destructive. Simply, I have learned to live with my demon rather than constantly fighting with him, feeling like **** all of the time and inevitably giving up. Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I know my I will never be able to stop overeating, but it is not all the time and I find the less hung up about it I am the less if happens, if it doesnt feel quite destructive I'm not so bothered about using it to self destruct. I had never binged before I started dieting (it wasnt JUDDD) and then when I stopped dieting I gained nearly a stone more than my start weight before ever dieting due to binging :s but the good news is I havent binged (I'm not talking about over eating) since I started JUDDD which is incredibly liberating!!
You may always have a tendancy to binge and I think someone who has that tendancy will always struggle with it, but personally I have found JUDDD does allow me to be in control of that tendancy and limit it to over eating not binging and leaving myself in pain.

Like Jo I now hate that full feeling, I am beginning to anticipate it too. I almost know when there is too much in my mind to eat or on the plate. I eat a little bit slower too, so my now magically working full button gets a chance. But best is I also am occasionally able to stop when I have had enough.

You know like a 'normal' person... merely sufficient, adequate, enough... not a minced morsel more than needed :)

It will come, or your version of it will come. I think hannata has said a good thing - let go of all diet anxiety! Good luck!

(Should I say my name is Stef? I've been here for a while, maybe now is the time to 'out' myself :D)

Great post stef, as always full of wisdom, nice to finally 'meet' you x

2012willdoit said:
Like Jo I now hate that full feeling, I am beginning to anticipate it too. I almost know when there is too much in my mind to eat or on the plate. I eat a little bit slower too, so my now magically working full button gets a chance. But best is I also am occasionally able to stop when I have had enough.

You know like a 'normal' person... merely sufficient, adequate, enough... not a minced morsel more than needed :)

It will come, or your version of it will come. I think hannata has said a good thing - let go of all diet anxiety! Good luck!

(Should I say my name is Stef? I've been here for a while, maybe now is the time to 'out' myself :D)

Great post! I'm getting there too. Accepting that my binge demon is still here and I give him a walk around the park every now and then (maybe once a fortnight) but I am finding asides that I'm not really stuffing myself to busting. It's no longer my dependency to be happy and that is the BEST side effect from juddd. Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Binge/comfort eating has been the bane of my life. It's why no diet ever "worked" - well, they don't work if you don't stick to them, do they? It's why I always put the weight back on. It's how I became, at my heaviest, 22 stone.

What has fixed it for me are slimpods. It's like the knob on my appetite has been turned way down, enabling me eat like a normal person, and even to stick to 500 calories some days! Follow the link in my sig for more, if you're interested.

Barbara

BarbaraG said:
Binge/comfort eating has been the bane of my life. It's why no diet ever "worked" - well, they don't work if you don't stick to them, do they? It's why I always put the weight back on. It's how I became, at my heaviest, 22 stone.

What has fixed it for me are slimpods. It's like the knob on my appetite has been turned way down, enabling me eat like a normal person, and even to stick to 500 calories some days! Follow the link in my sig for more, if you're interested.

Barbara

Mmmmm sounds like a sales pitch to me? Sorry if I'm wrong but...?!

Donzy84 said:
Aren't they just self hypnosis? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yep but VERY expensive!! About £50 each! I just don't like the sound of the post - not very minimins! X

They're not £50 each lol. And the lady who posted it is just offering some advice, passing on a tip for something that has helped her.... isn't that what this place is about??
Slimpods have helped lots of people on here, there's a whole section of the forum dedicated to the Pods. It's all part of changing how you think about food and life in general. If people can do it themselves, good for them. Others may prefer the help from a book, a tape, or hypnosis. Each to their own!

Auburn said:
They're not £50 each lol. And the lady who posted it is just offering some advice, passing on a tip for something that has helped her.... isn't that what this place is about??
Slimpods have helped lots of people on here, there's a whole section of the forum dedicated to the Pods. It's all part of changing how you think about food and life in general. If people can do it themselves, good for them. Others may prefer the help from a book, a tape, or hypnosis. Each to their own!

I'm sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick but it just sounded wrong to me... And not very minimins! If she posts a lot and supports in other ways to then I apologise but the "click on the link" always sits badly with me. And if you look at the Slimpods page they are not cheap at all especially if you only buy one - there are free hypnosis apps out there that do the same job!

Didn't mean to upset anyone - just my opinion.

Mmmmm sounds like a sales pitch to me? Sorry if I'm wrong but...?!

Not really, just sharing what has worked for me. I don't work for Thinking Slimmer, I'm not on commission, and the only thing I would gain if someone bought one and it worked for them would be the satisfaction of having helped a fellow sufferer gain relief. Of course, if someone buys one and it doesn't click for them, then I will feel like a twit.

Barbara

I'm sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick but it just sounded wrong to me... And not very minimins! If she posts a lot and supports in other ways to then I apologise but the "click on the link" always sits badly with me. And if you look at the Slimpods page they are not cheap at all especially if you only buy one - there are free hypnosis apps out there that do the same job!

Didn't mean to upset anyone - just my opinion.

Hi there, I fully understand your wariness - I hate sales pitches myself. The link is to my own diary on minimins, not to an external website - so you can read about my journey, if you're interested. If you're not, then fine. No sales pitch here - and no hard feelings.

Barbara

Aren't they just self hypnosis? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Do you know, I don't even know the answer to that. But this is a forum for JUDDD, so I think I'll pop over to the Slimpod forum and see if anyone wants to discuss that question over there.

I hang around on the JUDDD forum, because I do 5:2 fasting since watching that Horizon programme in August, but my main home on minimins is the Slimpod forum.

Barbara

BarbaraG said:
Hi there, I fully understand your wariness - I hate sales pitches myself. The link is to my own diary on minimins, not to an external website - so you can read about my journey, if you're interested. If you're not, then fine. No sales pitch here - and no hard feelings.

Barbara

Sorry for getting wrong end of stick :) I'm glad you found something that worked for you x

I'm another person slim podding has done wonders for
I spent the best part of a year yo/yo-ing losing 14lbs regaining 14lbs
and finally after trying every and i mean every diet in the book
I finally thought Oh what the heck I might as well give Slim pods a go
and haven't look back since

Back