The other benefits of following SW

MissNix

Gold Member
Saw someone mention in a thread that following SW isn't just about the weightloss, it's also about the other great benefits that eating a healthy diet brings, so thought it would be interesting to find what other people have noticed!

I find that I have loads more energy, am 10 times less grumpy in the morning, and that my skin looks clearer and brighter (and conversely if I have a week off-plan and gorge on crisps, chocolate, pizza etc the exact opposite is true!) :D

The one thing I'm disappointed in is my nails, which are still really weak and break all the time, not sure what I need to introduce into my diet to fix that particular issue :(

What have you all noticed, good and bad?

Nicola x

it is a change for life, ive noticed if i have a take away or junk i get such a poorly tummy, cramps etc so thats gotta be a good thing? lol =]

ive started using the olive oil spray instead of fry light becoz my skin is getting so dry on sw, my body needs some oil lol =] plus at half a syn of 7sprays, its worth it =]

Ooh yes, I'd forgotten about the bad bellies when eating something naughty! I still get bad bloating when eating healthily too though, think it's all the fruit n veg!

Ooh yes, I'd forgotten about the bad bellies when eating something naughty!

Lol try having Xenical chick! Anything over 45g of fat a day and you're pooping tango all day!

I've noticed clearer skin as well... I normally get very spotty before coming on and this month i've only had 2 small pimples!

Lol try having Xenical chick! Anything over 45g of fat a day and you're pooping tango all day!

I've noticed clearer skin as well... I normally get very spotty before coming on and this month i've only had 2 small pimples!

Hahaha you put it so nicely!! ;) Remind me never ever to try that!!

I've only been on it a week but part of the reason why I joined slimming world was exhaustion! I was so exhausted all the time and was about to go to the doctors because of it (so bad I was going to bed at 6pm and still waking up exhausted!) but figured I'd give this a shot in case it's my diet.

In just a week I am not so tired any more and no longer feel the need to ring the doctor. I'm still overly tired but I have 3 children and work a lot so can't moan!

I do need to lose over 2st though but the tiredness was the kick I needed to join.

I'm also really pleased that my children are all trying new things now. We ate healthily before (just me with bad snacking!) but now they're being introduced to new foods we never think to buy so I'm hoping eating this way will instill healthy eating in them and they'll never have weight issues when they're older :D

Hehe! :giggle:

For your nails, try soaking them in extra virgin olive oil for about 15 minutes a day for around a month xx

Ooh I'll try that, thanks! Although will have to buy some oil in, don't have any in the house haha! :D

I've only been on it a week but part of the reason why I joined slimming world was exhaustion! I was so exhausted all the time and was about to go to the doctors because of it (so bad I was going to bed at 6pm and still waking up exhausted!) but figured I'd give this a shot in case it's my diet.

In just a week I am not so tired any more and no longer feel the need to ring the doctor. I'm still overly tired but I have 3 children and work a lot so can't moan!

I do need to lose over 2st though but the tiredness was the kick I needed to join.

I'm also really pleased that my children are all trying new things now. We ate healthily before (just me with bad snacking!) but now they're being introduced to new foods we never think to buy so I'm hoping eating this way will instill healthy eating in them and they'll never have weight issues when they're older :D

Ah that's amazing that you're feeling so good from it already! It's so true that you are what you eat! :D And brill that your kids are trying new stuff too - I think it's the best gift we can give any of our kids, to have a healthy relationship with food for their adult lives :) x

I don't blame you, I don't either!

Other half moans because he has nothing to cook with - boohoo! :p

I'm so lucky, my housemate is a fellow SW-lover so we both only have healthy stuff in! :D Although she is one of those annoying people who can make a bar of chocolate last 3 months and therefore just leaves them lying around half finished!! They're hoovered up in seconds if they're mine!!!

Saw someone mention in a thread that following SW isn't just about the weightloss, it's also about the other great benefits that eating a healthy diet brings, so thought it would be interesting to find what other people have noticed!

I find that I have loads more energy, am 10 times less grumpy in the morning, and that my skin looks clearer and brighter (and conversely if I have a week off-plan and gorge on crisps, chocolate, pizza etc the exact opposite is true!) :D

The one thing I'm disappointed in is my nails, which are still really weak and break all the time, not sure what I need to introduce into my diet to fix that particular issue :(

What have you all noticed, good and bad?

Nicola x

Try a nail oil. I use CND Solar oil. It's amazing. All you need is a tiny drop at the cuticle area rubbed in 1-2 times a day.

For a while I was eating at least 2 rennies for indigestion each day. I haven't had a rennie since I started SW 2 weeks ago!
The eczema on my legs is clearing up.
I was extremely tired all the time - it had become a real problem and was affecting my life badly and I was always napping or sleeping or really wanting a nap. I think in the past week I've only had 1 nap.
I'd been getting incredibly upset tummies for aaaaages and this has mostly stopped.
My mood has improved a great deal - generally happier and smilier - not sure if this is diet or because the darker nights have gone or if it's a combo but definitely feeling better :)

Try a nail oil. I use CND Solar oil. It's amazing. All you need is a tiny drop at the cuticle area rubbed in 1-2 times a day.

Thanks! Will try that if the olive oil doesn't do the trick :)

For a while I was eating at least 2 rennies for indigestion each day. I haven't had a rennie since I started SW 2 weeks ago!
The eczema on my legs is clearing up.
I was extremely tired all the time - it had become a real problem and was affecting my life badly and I was always napping or sleeping or really wanting a nap. I think in the past week I've only had 1 nap.
I'd been getting incredibly upset tummies for aaaaages and this has mostly stopped.
My mood has improved a great deal - generally happier and smilier - not sure if this is diet or because the darker nights have gone or if it's a combo but definitely feeling better :)

Sounds like you've seen some amazing benefits already!! I still have a cheeky Sunday afternoon nap most weeks (it's a weekend ritual, get up early and then have a little snooze on the sofa in the afternoon!), but I'm definitely not as tired as I was before :)

So many reasons to love SW!!! :D

My blood pressure was a tad high before, and now its normal.

it is a change for life, ive noticed if i have a take away or junk i get such a poorly tummy, cramps etc so thats gotta be a good thing? lol =]

ive started using the olive oil spray instead of fry light becoz my skin is getting so dry on sw, my body needs some oil lol =] plus at half a syn of 7sprays, its worth it =]

Which brand do you use? I may buy myself some and use for when frying mushrooms/eggs as I've heard you need oil to absorb vitamins. I have a bottle of extra virgin oil in from when I did a certain recipe, not sure how many syns a tsp of it would be though?

Which brand do you use? I may buy myself some and use for when frying mushrooms/eggs as I've heard you need oil to absorb vitamins. I have a bottle of extra virgin oil in from when I did a certain recipe, not sure how many syns a tsp of it would be though?

You need good fats to remove the plaque that blocks arteries And causes raised cholesterol and then heart disease. My cholesterol has got worse on sw so need to be swapping some hex's and using some syns better.

But my ibs is massively better now. :)

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

Im using filippo berio light and mild tasting olive oil for frying and roasting. I was originally using bertoli olive oil( syning) but find this spray better. =)

Back