The Phil and Darren story

Evening all

Well here we both are- dieting as couple for the numerous number of times! We got our packs on Monday afternoon and following our final supper of steak and red wine we started yesterday.

Just a bit of background I'm Phil and by day I'm a lovely traffic warden. Now you may think "but he walks miles a day" and whilst this is true, I am a typical graser- ie breakfast, sandwich in tea break, lunch, crisps choccy afternoon break- then a big tea and probably a few pints of cider in the evening. End result- a not so pretty 15 stone 12 pounds....:eek:

Darren my other half is a publican. Which makes his life harder in that he claims he doesn't eat as much as me (I see the bar snacks disappearing as the week move on though:p) and he does like his lager and a large vodka at the end of the evening. He's 15 stone 9.

However thanks to 1 of Darrens customers raving about loosing 3 stone on LT we took the plunge and went to the chemist on Monday for kits.

So hows it going? Well Day 1 wasn't easy, but I took myself of for a cliff walk of 6 miles with dogs around Newton Ferrers and Noss Mayo yesterday morning and took loads of water with me. Both coped well yesterday (the chicken soup does need a lot of pepper in my mind!)- and to resist temp, I went to be around 830pm last night. Darren had the day off so he missed his biggest temptation- cooking the darts team food!!

So onto Day 2 (today)- been a really busy day a shake for breakfast- off to collect the new car (Fiat 500 if interested:D) then I had a meeting in pub with 3 mates - 2 pints of water later we went off for a drive in the new car. Whereby we went to Looe, walked past all the food shops going- the last fish and chip shop was a struggle! Drove home for the chicken soup.

Today has been a struggle for me- Darren's found it easier- but I'm starting to get an headache and oddly my breathe is starting to smell. So is this the start of ketosis?

Day 3 tomorrow!!

Hey Guys, Welcome to the Forum!
Sounds like you have had an interesting few days! Day 3 & 4 can be a struggle for alot of people, it does get easier tho believe me! ;) The breath thing means your probably in ketosis, which is a good thing! Just keep using the mint strips (no chewing gum) As for the headaches it may mean you might need more water or it could just be general withdrawals...i got bad headaches when I gave up smoking chocolate! :(

Best of luck with it, any questions or u just wanna moan thats what we're all here for! :p

Sarah x

That should have been smoking AND chocolate ;)

Thanks Sarah. I'm hoping for a lose of 2 stone by the end of September, as I have a big meeting to go to in London in October and I don't want to have to buy a new suit. Plus I want to surprise a few people with my loss by then!

philglossop said:
Thanks Sarah. I'm hoping for a lose of 2 stone by the end of September, as I have a big meeting to go to in London in October and I don't want to have to buy a new suit. Plus I want to surprise a few people with my loss by then!

Oh that's defo not gonna be a problem for you! I'd say if you stick to it you'll lose that in 6 weeks or even less! Most people lose an average of 8-10 lbs in their first week at that weight (just remember its mostly water 1st week) but if you stick to it and do the refeed properly it'll fall off! ;-)

GL on ur journey phil and darren!! Where you from? I see you mentioned looe.. That's where I'm from!!
I'm on day 26 and it deffinately gets easier so keep it up! It's so worth the rewards!!
This place is my saviour... The guys on here are such a great support... Worth looking through the diaries to some are totally inspirational :)

Lost 20lbs

jeni3075 said:
GL on ur journey phil and darren!! Where you from? I see you mentioned looe.. That's where I'm from!!
I'm on day 26 and it deffinately gets easier so keep it up! It's so worth the rewards!!
This place is my saviour... The guys on here are such a great support... Worth looking through the diaries to some are totally inspirational :)

Lost 20lbs

Hi Phil & Darren, Good Luck on your journey I think it's great you are doing this together, look forward to reading more of your diary xx

Well done, keep drinking the water but don't do too much exercise on the first week, thats what I was advised. Keep checking in here for support. Good luck

Morning all

Well following a good nights sleep we've both commented that we're not feeling hungry this morning (at the moment!)- its the last day of my holiday so back to work tomorrow and I have a sneaky plan. I'll take no money with me! Plus I'm down for a foot beat, so it'll hopefully help a bit!!

Well- on my own now- and boy is day 3 starting to live up to its reputation.....all I'm doing is watching the Tour De France which I love, but the kitchen is calling me.....food, food. Plus that headache is back. :badmood:

Thank goodness for a German Supermarkets fizzy water at 18p for 2 litres!! Now do I tackle the ironing or not?????

Got through Day 3 even if I went to bed at 815pm to avoid temptation.:)

So now my real first test- back to work. Just had my chocolate shake, so soup will be around 6pm! Fingers crossed I'll still be on a foot beat so I can get some exercise in- and I have my 2 litres of fizzy water to drink during the day!

Good luck for today. I find it easier when I am in work

good luck guys

good luck guys

Thanks guys......oh that was so hard today. Food everywhere- really short tempered, but haven't given in, but so nearly did numerous times (the pasty shop was hardest)- then watching my colleague eating a cheese and marmite sandwich next to me at lunchtime.

Never has chicken soup been so welcomed. I think I'm going to have my morning shake much later when I'm on earlies!

Thanks guys......oh that was so hard today. Food everywhere- really short tempered, but haven't given in, but so nearly did numerous times (the pasty shop was hardest)- then watching my colleague eating a cheese and marmite sandwich next to me at lunchtime.

Never has chicken soup been so welcomed. I think I'm going to have my morning shake much later when I'm on earlies!

some days are easier than others, some are just a blimmin' nightmare! My hubs home this weekend, his shifts mean he works every other, and I know he wants me to suggest wine, I havent, but the small grin that keeps passing over his lips is so hard to resist! Oh well, water and green tea and an early night then!

Well Day 5 was a lot easier- loads more black coffee and had my 1st shake during my morning break at around 1045am. A lot more energy and drunk my by now standard 2 litres of fizzy water at work.

Had a sneaky peak at the scales earlier and things are starting move (if those scales are to be believed)- and also I can see the stomach area isn't as bloated as before and the big plus, is that I think I'm going to need a belt for my work trousers very very soon!

As for Daz- he's going great guns- but of course he's found it easier than I have......nothing changes even on a diet! :D:D

Almost soup time- but I'm not in a hurry to have it- guess the ketosis is well and truly kicked in.

Hey guys, i'm starting LT on Friday and really looking forward to weight loss every week. A friend of mine was in the local paper after loosing 7 stone in 7months on this diet. I hope i do as well as she did :) Good Luck and I hope you continue doing well :D xx

Back