The Power of Music

ChrisPoole

Majorly Motivated Mofo
What music does everyone listen to to help inspire them to stick to their diets or to help motivate them in the Gym?

As sad as this sounds I love listening to music from the Rocky Movie Soundtrack. For some reason if I'm struggling in the gym and feeling tired a Rocky song could come on and it gives me a second wind!

according to Runners World the chance that you will hear the Rocky theme tune or eye of the tiger in any given race is 65%, its known in the mathethematic world as 'the Stallone Constant' lol, I like a bit of eye of the tiger myself, and Black Eyed Peas 'Pump it'

Haha that is quite a good fact to know. You can't beat a bit of the Stallone Constant!

Another great song that pumps me up is "Good Feeling - Flo Rida"

I used to make loads of 30 minute playlists on Spotify to work out to from home and I'd always have different themes. The 80s one was probably my favourite though, nothing quite like prancing around the room to a bit of My Sharona. :rolleyes:

Usually Pink Floyd, or the Beatles (I'm old you see)

Weirdly I like bruno mars The lazy song. It makes me work harder on the bike determined not to be lazy lol
Also have a play list of Katy Perry and Jessie J

Haha I'm not sure Bruno Mars would give me enough motivation to fight through the pain of a hard workout. Especially if it was the lazy song, I'd just burst out laughing lol.

I dont really listen to music to inspire my during exercise, usually something with a good beat so I can move to the rythem.
Spotify is great

Oooh, when I'm running, I currently like mambo no. 5, Taylor swift, Katy perry, one direction thats what makes you beautiful, pink so what, loads of music I wouldn't listen to at home, but very up beat and sing along able to (although I don't...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back