The Quit Zits!!

Seanamall21

I everyone! I am on my second go at quittin smoking, having done 3 months the first time, and a Christmas night out with a few puffs doing the damage last time round!

I am now 30 days smoke free!!

I feel really good about myself, especially since the worst part is over (I turned into a very evil and emotional witch there for a few weeks, to the OH's delight!).

One thing I am still struggling with, and I wonder if many others are as well, are the "Quit Zits". I have found I have transformed into a 14 year old girl again with spots popping up all over my face, back, shoulders, arms an chest!

Any tips on how to fight these? I am washing, exfoliating and moisturizing as normal, and laying off the fake tan, and taking my makeup off as soon as I get home from work. Is there any way to help this or do I have to ride this one out??

Let me know of you experienced something similar or found a way to combat this!!

Many thanks

SM! Xx

Hiya SM,

Congratulations on your stopping, that's brilliant your now over the worst bit. I've been stopped on Monday for 7 weeks / 49 days.

I did the emotional rollercoaster and diva episodes and occasional drama queen still pops up, but I cant say I have suffered with zits.

Sorry not to be of any help regarding that but I presume its just like a detox as in your body is riding itself of any toxins. I always remember my sister in law quitting and she had bleeding gums for a few weeks, not something she'd ever suffered with before. So I suppose we all react differently to stopping.

I have upped my water intake, to help with the dieting side now whether or not that has helped I don't know.

LiL xx

I started using an ecig by skycig 7weeks ago. Used it for approx two weeks the switched to a vapouriser. Haven't looked back :) so happy.
Also love getting to experiment with flavours.
Top tip- buy equipment online and not from one of those shops that are popping up everywhere!! £££

Hi,
I stopped over three months ago and my skin has finally settled down.
Guess it's just part of the process so please don't be deterred. I appreciate that it is rubbish to have them though!
Lots of water, really can't recommend that enough.
My skin is now glowing and I am back to just using moisturiser and no foundation, haven't been able to do that for 10 years.
Keep going and massive congratulations!

Back