The ridiculousness of sizes and the excitement of clothes

AliGal

Eating meat
It's late. I should be asleep. But I am soooo excited!

This afternoon and this evening, I was really noticing my size 22 Maine New England trews are loose. So I started browsing ebay for Maine New England size 20s. Then I wondered what is in my cupboard.

5 or 6 weeks ago, I cleared out all the clothes that were too small. I packed them up. At that point I was doing lazy keto, shedding slowly, and hadn't started my vlcd.

It was so exciting to find two pairs of trews that already fit, and 2 pairs that don't quite yet. They'll be my slim into trews. All 4 are the same size as my loose trews - size 22. Size is so variable.

It's also good that I fit into a couple of dresses and almost into another (sizes ranging from 18-24!). And at least one top that already fits. And ...even nicer, I fit my M&S size 22 silk nightie and dressing gown. So I've been slinking around in it late tonight. Just had to share......

Yes it's annoying. You go in a shop and you know your size. But when you try it on it's either too big or too small.:classic_roll_eyes:
I picked up two t-shirts from asda got them home and they hung off me. I like baggy things but these were just too baggy and they were suppose to be fitted ones. Sainsburys clothes is always too tight. So once you know the shop sizes is does becoming easier to shop.:classic_smile:

Congrats on a new clothes size!b so exciting, although gets costly moving down sizes !!!

I feel like getting into the 22 and 20s opens up a whole load more high street options.

For me if I ever get back to a size 18 I’m going to RAID Fat face !!!

Love the feeling of a non scale victory x
Keep up the good work x

Congrats on a new clothes size! ....so exciting, although gets costly moving down sizes !!!

I feel like getting into the 22 and 20s opens up a whole load more high street options.

It's fun to see how you can shrink at a lower cost. I've been into the Cats Protection League as my friend has her shop just next door in a very small retail development off an A road. Much better value than all the charity shops in my local town.

So I got several 20s and 18s (including brand new jeans size 18 M&S) under £5 each. Then I've shopped the "too small" clothes I packed away and so also have a couple of 22s and 20s, (no 18s in my closet!), 16s and 14s to shrink into.

For me if I ever get back to a size 18 I’m going to RAID Fat face !!!
Not "if", BigBear. When. When you get back.

I’m an eBay clothes buyer, although it’s hard when you can’t see or try on the clothes before buying.

Love having stuff to shrink into, but sometit’s Mrs it’s a bit sad when you shrinkniutnif a favourite bit of clothing!!

Ok ok ok... WHEN I get back to size 18... here I come !!!!

Back