the saturday daily thread *hour by hour*

sumayyah

please try again
hello everyone, hope your all having a good day

well im up bright and early ( 9am on a holiday is early right? )

well today i have to sort all the chrity shop stuff, a load of my clothes are going, kayas stuff i need to get rid of the stuff thats too short now ( she never really grows out of clothes width wise ) and ive stuff belonging to an ex hanging round my house, i offered to send it to him but he wants it binned ( he brought alot of his belongings here and had a family crisis, after 6 months of no contact i moved on but seems he thought we were still together, hes rather bitter towards me )

so new year, out with the old in with the new.

i was asked what my new years resplutions were, i dont have any, the only thing i have to focus on this year is getting to goal but wondered if any of you have made some resolutions?

Bumping this one up, cos it's disappearing down the front page!

Hi Claire, hope you're having a good day and that you manage to get the charity shop sorting done.

My New Years Resolutions? Well, like you, I only have the one, really - and that's to get slim (and stay slim).

Having a really lazy day, me. I got the hoover out and vacc-ed up all the bits of tinsel that seem to have gone everywhere (the cat keeps climbing the tree and making off with the stuff :D). But obviously, after that, I figured I needed a rest... ;)

All the Christmas food has finally gone - I put my foot down with a firm hand against the 'that's not fairs'. :D

So, so far, Day 2 is going well. In fact, I haven't even had a shake yet!

Hi all, I'm at work today and bloody freezing!
I work outside, and despite thermals I'm frozen solid!
In the middle of some woods today, no toilet near so the water drinking is not going well!
I don't make new years resolutions any more, they're kinda doomed!

Hope everyone is getting thru the day alright?

Hi all,

Well I'm full of the ketosis headache today. Just had some paracetamol so I should be set in half an hour or so.

I was up late today, didn't have my first shake until 1pm. And so far only managed 1 litre water. I'll get there though!! Will be embarking on shake no.2 in around an hour after I have washed the dishes in the kitchen and made a start on cleaning the oven :sigh: A job I absolutely despise, but a job that MUST be done. Esp as we are moving home at the end of this month. I'm starting to quite look forward to a new place. I'm going to have a real throw out and ditch all the crap so that our new home can have our, or should I say, MY stamp on it!!! lol

I too have made no new year resolutions, other than loosing this weight. I would LOVE to be at goal by March. But we'll see...I just need to make sure that I remain motivated. I have to admit, I am getting a tad fed up with the diet, but I'm so close to my goal from where I began I am determined not to give in. I will see it through!!! :wink:

Hugs x x x

I had a headache last night and this morning, I'm guess that its keto huh? I didnt really notice it the first time I went into keto but I was probably more preoccupied by the hunger and cravings :).

You know, I never really set resolutions because I figured I'd accomplish things as I felt like it but 2 years ago I quit smoking, last year i quit soda - both equally difficult for me. This year I think I'll quit being fat. I do have another resolution but I don't really have a lot of control over it, basically do everything in my power to be done with the health crisis'! Feels like every time I get over being sick with some obscure disease, I get another... *facepalm*

Hope you don't mind me joining in considering I'm not on CD just yet.

Worked all night Mid-8am. I've not managed to do a thing pretty much except look after the kids. I've still not really eaten anything. I don't feel hungry and I'm not interested in eating. I'll try and have something later.

Popped my daughter down for a nap so i could try and sleep. Put fresh batteries in my sons Leapster2 and I slept from 11:30 to 15:20. Blissss. And wee man was such a good boy for letting mummy sleep, he got some sweeties :)

I'm ss'ing Shanny :) My headache from this morning has eased now. I have just sat down to my 2nd shake and a coffee after a mad cleaning spree. I suddenly felt a little odd so knew it was time to have another shake! I think, from experience when you are getting into ketosis it is like the 'start' of an illness that suddenly lifts! It is quite bizarre...This is why I decided to get back on the wagon NOW. If I get over the feeling crap before I start back to work, I can easily get back into the CD routine when I do start back to work. Otherwise I find it very hard with temptations in the staffroom!

I'm on my way to ketosis land, so I don't doubt I will be fine by Tuesday next week :)

Hugs x x x

Good for you Emma i know what you mean by back at work and trying to feel normal around others.!!
As my work staff dont know about me doing CD so need to feel well for monday really.!

I am ssing but had chicken today but will try tomorrow with just shakes and a bar.!

I'm SS-ing too! Not finding it too bad today either which is amazing, considering it's Day 2.

I'm kind of thinking about telling my work colleagues this time around, actually. The first time around, I told nobody at work, and it worked really well, but I have been 'caught' with a tetra in recent months, so I figure that as people now know I've done CD in the past, I might as well be loud and proud about it, LOL.

I'll let you know how that goes... :D

It's funny how some people find it easier to avoid telling others about the diet. From the start I told my colleagues, purely because I didn't see how I could possibly get away without people noticing that I wasn't eating.

I found that most people were very supportive. And more importantly (for me anyway) they were understanding of my choice to loose weight this way. It may be a good thing for both of you to let people know what you are doing.

Sometimes, for people who are overweight and have been for a long time - they need a complete break from food. It helps to 'condition' your body and mind (I feel). I found that as time has gone on I have been more interested in eating healthier meals and learning how to prepare the meals in a much healthier way. I began to buy recipe books (yes while ss'ing) and looking at my options. I ended up doing a list of things that I have previously gone wrong with and finding solutions. For instance, my fruit and veg bowl was often empty and collecting dust. So I now have it in my mind that once I begin going up the steps, I shall be ordering the organic fruit and veg boxes. This way I will always have fruit and veg in my house to ensure I am having healthy options.

Another downfall of mine is the BOGOF while in the supermarket. If it was on offer - I was there, regardless of calories. To overcome this, I intend on doing online shopping.

This is what I love about CD. You will be surprised how much free time you have. It gives you a chance to look back at your previous lifestyle and adapt new ways to make positive changes to a healthier and happier new you!!!

Hugs x x x

Since ive lost my weight "people tell me im to skinny" like today it really does upset me you know cuz im not at all.!

And staff at work really would go on and on and on about my weightloss.!
Im a happy shanny but just want to push for a few more pounds to be a HAPPIER shanny lol .
Some people just dont understand do they?? or is it me? lol x

Those who don't understand are not real friends IMHO.

If they know you and know how unhappy you are at your current weight, why would they not understand?

Hugs x x x

I don't know they are friendly enough people it's just when they keep going on.!
Ohh well CD is the best without a doubt im carrying on.!

Shanny i get that ALL the time! its really annoying, and usually not from 'proper' friends, just people i know, if you know what i mean, or my mums friends etc... and its funny how most of them have weight to loose themselves!

Got in from work about an hour ago, frozen solid... went to the cupboard and grabbed the peanuts! ooohhhh noooo!!! i just cant be trusted around them! I bought them for over xmas, just a small packet, and hadnt opened them!
Ive had them in the past on the diet and they actually havent affected my weight loss, in many ways i wish they had!
feeling a bit rubbish now, but will have a soup soon and look forward to bar later!

evening girls, well im now half way thru sorting charity shop stuff and i already have 4 large bin bags full!
how did i accumulate so much stuff!
going thru things i have some lovely clothes waiting for me when im slimmer, ive never been slim as an adult so its all new stuff!
oh and why do i have clothes for so many exes hanging round my house? why do they feel the need to leave stuff here, oh well im sure the charity shops will be glad of it

diet wise ive had one shake and 2.5l of water. i treated myself to some sparkling water to put some water flavouring in and its acctually quite nice
will have to cook for those 2 in a minute then i can sit down with a shake mmmmmm choc mint

I don't think I'm gonna tell people at work about doing the diet. 3 years ago I started LL and people just gave me grief, saying that I would put it all back on again. I swore I wouldn't but unfortunately they were right and I'm now heavier than I originally was!!
I feel that I can get away with not telling anyone this time so here goes!
Today is my day 2 and I'm going strong despite having only a limited amount of shakes which are out of date, until I see my counsellor on Monday.
Good Luck everyone!

Today is my day 2 and I'm going strong despite having only a limited amount of shakes which are out of date, until I see my counsellor on Monday.
Good Luck everyone!

Be very careful with the out of date shakes hun. I got given out of date shake mistakenly from my CDC a few months back, I was very ill.

Take care x x x

I don't think I'm gonna tell people at work about doing the diet. 3 years ago I started LL and people just gave me grief, saying that I would put it all back on again. I swore I wouldn't but unfortunately they were right and I'm now heavier than I originally was!!
I feel that I can get away with not telling anyone this time so here goes!

Argh, what is it with these 'well meaning' folks? And why, just because it's a VLCD you're doing, do they feel compelled to tell you that you'll pile it all back on again? People don't say that if you're doing WW or SW but it's just as likely you'll regain weight on those diets...

Grr...

Ah well. I've come to the conclusion that the topic of dieting for women is like football for men... :D

Be very careful with the out of date shakes hun. I got given out of date shake mistakenly from my CDC a few months back, I was very ill.

Dodgy tetra by any chance? I got one of those once. :sign0137: Luckily, I was going to have it hot - so just the smell told me it was off!

Back