The SS/SS+/790/810/BMI 25/BMI 25 + 1stone

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 5 March 2008 Social URL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I'm asking for people on here to contact Cambridge and protest about the complete incompetence surrounding the new rules.

Not once on any thread discussing the changes have I ever seen anything approaching 100% agreement on how the plans now work. This is totally ridiculous and a complete farce. How difficult can it be????? Impossibly difficult by reading all the threads that have been started about SS/SS+/790/810.... I'm bored of it and it needs to be resolved. Clearly going round and round in circles on forums is achieving NOTHING

If CDCs can't agree and are giving out different information, and people on the plan are adamant they have more informed info. than the CDCs - who can anyone listen to and what is the point of having any guidelines?

I have emailed Head Office and asked for a phone call. This infuriates me and if anyone else is annoyed then start emailing Cambridge and let's get this resolved. This is the email address if you would like to see this resolved also

[email protected]
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. SharonJayne1970

SharonJayne1970 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    I saw my cdc last night and she was really confused too. In fact I am confused now as well. I started before the new rules came into play and she said I could stay on SS as I was in 4 week blocks and then do aamw as it was before the rules changed. Then when she tried explaining the new changes we got in a hell of a muddle so we just left it. I think perhaps the main office haven't briefed their counsellors clearly enough
  4. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Cambridge Plan
    I totally agree!!

We are all confused!

If there had been an announcement thread explaining the new SS/SS+ rules etc it would have been better for all of us

5. Dear All,

The Cambridge guidance (taking in to account both COMA and NICE) is as follows: -

COMA states that you can’t be on a VLCD programme (below 800 kcal/day) if you have a BMI 0f 25 or under.

Therefore Cambridge’s guidance is that you cannot START a VLCD (Sole Source or Sole Souce+) unless your BMI is 25 + 1 stone.

However, if you started one of our VLCD programmes with a BMI of 30 for example, you could then remain on a VLCD programme until your BMI was 25, before moving to the 810 programme and working up the plans to your goal weight.

Some counsellors advise that once a dieter reaches a BMI of 26, they move from SS to SS+ to get used to introducing food, before moving to the 810 programme. This may ease the jump (from SS to 810) for some slimmers and still enables them to lose weight at a very similar rate to being on SS.

I hope this helps clear up any questions.

Please note that the literature is correct.

If you have any queries, please speak to your counsellor who can then speak to the relevant member of staff at head office for clarification if required.

6. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Thank you for your reply Kerensa,

However, what are we to do when our CDCs are giving out different information? apparently they have been instructed to use all the old literature until they have run out and then move to the new literature - is this correct?
  7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

8. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    CD SS
    Thanks for clarifying Kerensa. I would add that the confusion existed under the old system too. The main confusion seems to be differentiating between those starting SS and those already following it. My Counsellor (who I would say has been a diamond) advised that I had to move up at BMI 25 + 1 stone but it now appears this is not in line with Cambridge guidance. It matters not to me now as I am at the end of my journey and I moved up at a time that suited me which was actually over BMI 25 +1 stone but it concerns me that there seems to be so much confusion and differing advice being given. Is there anyway this could be clarified to CDCs to ensure all are aware.

9. Hi Dancing,

You should only have one CDC.

On forums many do seem to only listen to the advice they want to hear. It is always best to take your counsellors advice above fourm discussions.

Regards, Kerensa
  10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Kerensa I take a bit of an objection at your comment. I do take my CDCs advice. My issue is that all CDCs should be offering the same advice. Your comment, in my opinion, seems a nice way of avoiding responsibility for a situation. Wouldn't it be preferable to have a situation where everyone gets a consistent message and could actually communicate on a forum knowing we all speak from the same page?
  11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

Also, I did email you and ask to be telephoned so that I could discuss this - rather than having to attempt a public communication with you on a forum
  12. Hi Dancing,

I haven't received any emails - kindly advise when it was sent.

Please note that all counsellors were all given the same advice about the changes in the Cambridge programmes.

Also, we cannot monitor all forums. We have an official Cambridge forum that we monitor frequently and try to keep as up to date as possible.

Regards, Kerensa
  13. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

So that is the end of the discussion. I do not feel anything has been addressed by this but I thank you for making an appearance here to at least tell us to individually listen to our own cdcs and not discuss this type of thing on here as a means of avoiding confusion. Thanks

email was sent just before I started this thread
  14. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Cambridge Plan
    The CDC's whom don't come on line either here or on the Cambridge Forum are, very often, giving out inaccurate Cambridge advice.

That is why the newbies come to the Forums - and find out that what they have been told is incorrect.

15. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!

Well Kerensa has explained the guidance and this is exactly what we are taught as counsellors.

The "confusion" has always come from STARTING the diet or on the diet at that weight but Kerensa has cleared that up.

Therefore I am closing this thread as this is a site for support and not a site for arguing.

Please remember that when we get threads with any aggression in them that this puts off a lot of vulnerable members.

If anyone needs any further clarification then ask your own CDC or call the Cambridge head office.

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.