The Story - 4 Stone gone...

Darren

Howdy all... here's a little something I wrote up and thought i'd post here. :)

This was at Blackpool in 2007!

"It started as a feeling, which then grew into a hope..."

It would most likely be a weekday morning as I sat there at work eating what I wanted, when I wanted, I've always know I've been fat (It's an honest word for me, I was and I'm not afraid to admit it... I'm not there yet however.) I'd maybe have a bacon roll followed by picking of some food later that day, and lunch would arrive, what to have, there was so many choices? McDonalds again, how about KFC or Greggs i'd think to myself. I'd sit there and know deep down it was wrong to have. I was going from the small little me in Year 7 to this Darren that was getting bigger and bigger each year of school, I was in XL / XXL clothes by 2007, it wasn't me, it wasn't what I wanted to be either. I had such a low confidence level already that It got lower and lower and my friends know how bad I got, but through thick and thin they've stuck by me, the likes of my sweet warm hearted Rachel, the loveable Sophie, the tall but caring Andrew, the wonderful Frizz who makes me smile and finally Scott who has made me laugh so much over the years, and been their just like the others through thick and thin. (God this feels like i'm writing a death note! LOL!)

This was taken in 2006/7ish I believe?

Things were bad with my weight, I wouldn't take my top off as I felt so embarrassed, I'd sit there and think to myself when I was bored at home "I need to shift this weight, it needs to be gone..." but diets didn't work for me... the gym was boring after a while, and I just kept thinking it will go, it will go soon, just another little time, but I kept running from the truth and the pounds piled on (literally... god this feels like Boltons Diet book, get yours now at your local supermarket for a great price of £4,99.)

Christina got the worst of the moany me, and she still get's it now but she means the world to me and she'll remain in my heart forever as she has stuck with me thick and thin, just like the wonderful Alison and Sarah. I started the Cambridge Diet which made a few people talk about me, thinking he wont last long on this, it's just one of those moments his having again, he'll soon be back to eating food, and why many also got worried the way I was about to 'try' in their words and lose weight, Rachel, Pippa and Scott all being concerned and not happy with it still supported me. It was a Wednesday morning (I believe...) me and Christina started this diet and it was the first day of this new Darren, and things wasn't to bad at first apart from major headachs but it was bound to happen, I was eaten **** all the time, having to much junk food and picking, I was going to feel ****, and Christina knew how I felt as I phoned her up moaning as she listened to me all the time rattling on about food, me wanting this but she has been my support, my friend I love who has got me this far today.

Monday 2nd feb 2009.

Christina, Sarah, Alison, Rachel, Scott even though Rachel and Scott didn't agree the way I was doing this they supported me, everyone did. (I'm not adding you all in!) The diet was going well, and i'd lost around 10 pounds my first week as I just lived on Milkshakes, and it was extremely tough not being able to drink when everyone was going out, or eat when we went to meals, and I'll hold my hands up now and say I cheated, and I didn't hide it from no one. The weight then slowly began to drop off as people at work commented on they could notice it in my face, and the more people commented the more I wanted to lose it - my clothes started to become to big, and it felt good, i felt like it was finally coming off me and then I hit a standstill at 2 stone lighter, a few months passed and i moved up and down, staying the same, things where tough and I said to a few people I wanted to give in but I would have been a fool to myself if I'd done that. I sat and thought to myself that I've lost 2 stone so I could easily lose another 2, and after a few rough starts I finally got back to business after my holiday.

Holiday 2008.

I came home from holiday and looked through pictures on my pc of my holiday and saw in myself I'd lost weight, and looked back at photos of me that to be honest looking at now makes me embarrassed... I would never want to go back to myself like that, EVER! I got back into the zone of losing weight and another stone come off me and everyone was commenting on how much I was in the words 'wasting away', and do you know what? IT FELT BLOODY GREAT!

Yes I know it wasn't the best way to lose it, but I was losing it and I was being sensible, if i wanted to eat something I wouldn't deprive myself of it, i'd just go for the healthy option but I did have my junk food but now and then... in moderation. :)

Christmas arrived for the 2008 party and I looked back on 2007's pictures when I uploaded the 2008 photos and I was amazed, everyone commented on how much I was losing, and I knew in myself I was losing but when I saw these it opened my eyes, it was like a new me? The Old Darren had slowly gone, but it was still there, still more to lose.

2007 X-mas

2007 X-mas

2008 X-mas

2008 X-mas

I enjoyed my Christmas, i said I was going to and I did, and I put on 5 pounds but I got rid of it, It was my time to enjoy what I wanted... (I didn't pig, but I drunk, and enjoyed my meals without Milkshakes...)

New Year 2007/08 - 2008/09

2007/08

2007/08

Christmas Eve 2008

Christmas Eve 2008

My new year for 2008 was to lose weight, get fitter, well I can say it sort of happened didn't it? I started it a little late, but I'm getting there ah? For this year I want to get to my goal before my holiday, and I said i'd give up smoking as well as trying to lose weight, and well that is going well, stopped since 2nd Jan 2009, and i'm still losing so I can't complain, I'm becoming a nun? I'm sorry but I won't be giving up drinks anytime soon, I love going out with everyone! :D

2009 - Now...

I come to now, and I'm now 4 stone lighter, weighing in at 13.13 (unlucky for some, but not for me... Bingo caller here?) I know I've moaned, had horrible moods (Sorry), and it's been tough but as I write this entry... (Don't know why I've done this, maybe just to show some people how much I've lost...) but it's been worth every minute, and I still have a little while to go, but I thank everyone for supporting me, through thick and thin, I couldn't have done it without some people. Christina and the guys at work have had the worst of me through it all, moaning as everyone eats lunch... Alison and her bloody lovely smelling lunches... Sarah and her Cheese Toasties and Pumpnickles... but I can have all that in moderation... Skinny Daz is here, but fatty will always live inside.

Through the ups and down it's been good... and as mad as I sound the Milkshakes are alright ya know? Even when i finish I'll still have them now and then... ;)

"These little black sandals are walking me away, these little black sandals are heading the right way..."

Love,

Fatty... ;) (Darren)

SS - all the way again.

Wonderful post Darren and a huge achievement!

I love your first line... "It started as a feeling, which then grew into a hope.."

Could I be bold enough to suggest an ending..."and became the dream"

xxx

Thank you, well im not there yet but i love that last line, so if it's ok with you I'm going to use it when im at my goal?! :D

Thank you, well im not there yet but i love that last line, so if it's ok with you I'm going to use it when im at my goal?! :D

You are most welcome to it hun and with your positivity you will be posting about reaching goal in no time!

x

Thank you... hopefully. :) It was a message just to my friends and everyone at work, they've had to put up with my whining etc... It's been tough but Im close to the finish line now so I want to get there. :D

Thanks! I'm sure your friends are really proud of you, whining and all!

I think sometimes they've wanted to murder me!!! I'm all focused for the finish now though... I went out last night and saw loads of old friends and they where in shock... :D

:wee: Well done Darren, absolutely brilliant open honest post, love the pictures, love the story, its great to hear success stories :p

Your looking good Mister ;)

Thank you BBlilsis... :D Still gotta lose some more though.

Going by how you look in your photos, I wouldn't say you had much more to lose? how much more are you looking to take off ? :p

Everyone says i should stop, but i'm 13.13. I want to be in the 12 stone mark, but it's just the toning stages now. I'm hoping to lose another stone...

Darren - you have done so well. I really sympathise with the moods... But it's so worth it.
You look fantastic.
Really motivating for me - thank you for posting and all the very best to you!
XX

Well done!! You are an inspiration!

I am on day 4 and when I got up this morning I thought "is this really worth it?". My hubby suggested I weighed myself and to my surprise I have lost 7lb in just 3 days. I thought about what was making me the most miserable and it wasn't the not eating,it was having to drink plain water (which I dislike greatly). The solution (rather than quitting) was to buy the water flavourings and I like them - Yay! I just hope they don't slow down the weight loss too much. I keep reminding myself it's not for ever and once I am slim again I can eat sensibly and exercise to maintain. In the meantime my mantra is 'Failure is not an option!'

What a wonderful post Darren, you have certainly gone through the mill in both your head and body. I love your honestly and your committment to the diet. I wish you luck with the continuance of your journey.
take care :)

Back