The Sun Photoshoot?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by izmirka, 19 January 2009 Social URL.

1. izmirka

izmirka Trying to stay positive..

hi, did anybody else get an e-mail from Kerensa about a photoshoot for The Sun??? i just came home from work and got an e-mail from Kerensa that they are inviting me to London... at first i was really excited but then realized i've got 30 pounds in my bank account and started wondering how I'm gonna get to London with this kind of cash:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. izmirka

well, i'm gonna be in London on the 12th February for the photoshoot so if everything goes according to plan, i should be in The Sun Woman thingie in around 2 weeks time... I think I'm more nervous than excited tbh... oh well, i'm kind of hoping i'll get a modelling job or something similar, so i can finally leave my current job;)

4. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    OOOOOOOO!

Give us the link / pics too then! :) I want to seeeeeeee! Your new pic in siggy is fab :) Yay you!

Good luck with the photoshoot!!!!

xx

5. izmirka

i'll be sure to tell u when it comes out:) i don't really know myself, all i know is that photoshoot is on the 12th and a few days later i should already be in the paper. but when exactly- i have no clue:)

6. izmirka

oh and i got a call from Nicki Waterman today- i JUST realised who she was when i typed her name into google:p i guess i'm a lost cause when it comes to British tv culture:)

7. Lostris

Lostris Serena's title didn't fit

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    100.3kg
    Goal Weight:
    75kg
    Lost(%):
    10.7kg(9.64%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hahah. I'm Dutch so I have NO idea but yay you some more then haha.

So, how nervous are you? ;-))

8. izmirka

pretty nervous i guess:) don't really know what to expect, what it's all going to look like- i don't know anything to be honest:) that's what scares me. i like knowing beforehand, being prepared for every possibility. otherwise i get really stressed out and i don't actually enjoy myself much:)

9. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sounds fantastic fun!!! :) good on you! :) Glad you managed to work round your finances. :)

It was only when I had a professional shoot done with my hubbies and girls that I realised I WAS pretty.. even whilst overweight. I'm sure you'll be amazed at how wonderful you look and find that it really all sinks home. :)

Do you get to buy proofs? Just wondering if you would be able to get one framed or onto canvas. :)

10. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

ooooh how exciting :) xx

11. peppa

peppa Pwincess

sounds fab, a minimum celebrity

12. izmirka

apparently i'm supposed to get all of the pictures on a cd so if i wish to frame one, i will be able to:)
    my finances are better now, it's just that at first the shoot was supposed to be at the very end of the month, so before getting my paycheck:) that is why i had absolutely no money left:D but now my bank account is much more satisfied:)

13. Purple Hugs

Purple Hugs Loves weight.. training!

Start Weight:
    13st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Great news! :) hope it all goes well, glad the financial side isn't standing in your weigh either. :)

I know i'd be nervous as anything on the day so may be worth getting something like rescue remedy for nerves if you think you'll be the same. :)

Hope you have a great time! :)

14. izmirka

thank you:) no, i don't think i'll be that nervous:) probably just a lil' bit anxious:) but we'll see how it goes:)

15. izmirka

well, i'm back from London, and I have to say, I haven't felt so tired and worn out in ages. 45 minutes of putting make-up on, high heels that must have been smth like 7 inches tall, dressing and undressing... well, at least it's over now:)
    and i finally met an actual celebrity- the "Dulux dog":D

16. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

what was the dog like!!!!:giggle:

did they say when youd be in the paper!?

17. izmirka

the dog was awesome! very furry:) and had a cute fringe;P apparently, i'll be in the paper on the 23rd February. but we'll see if it all works out- i think they hoped i had some fascinating and horrible stories to tell about why i went on the diet in the first place, but to be honest, it just kind of happened and it was actually a total coincidence that i went on CD:) i just thought i'll see what it's all about, and the next thing i knew, it was over:) so i'm worried that they will kind of make up some interesting and embarassing stories about me:/

18. coconut

coconut Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    You're so lucky. I'd love to spend hours having a photoshoot. Even if it is boring. I'd feel like a celeb.

I'll be sure to get the paper then. It's my boyfriends birthday so I'll remember the date.

19. izmirka

the whole thing was kind of funny though:) both the lady taking the pictures and a taxi driver driving me to the photoshoot (?!) asked me if i am an actual model... it was kind of weird, but nice at the same time:)

20. izmirka

by the way- it's gonna be a silly question, i know, but is the sun-woman a separate magazine, or is it included in the actual monday edition of the sun???

21. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Well done on your fantastic weight loss and I look forward to seeing you in the Fit Squad article.

Never know who will read your story, perhaps you will get your dream of being a model:)

For those who missed it here is the story of Sarah Newman who lost 9 stones she appeared in The Sun Fit Squad last Monday.

The Fit Squad is on a Monday and is part of the main paper.
    I lost 9st baggage after a fright on flight | The Sun |Woman|Health| Fit Squad

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.