The Super Inspiring Travel thread!

JezVonSavage

Lost in the Supermarket
If money was no issue, what would you do for a holiday??

Let's all imagine it's when we've got to target so there will be no inhibitions about bikini's or not being fit enough to ski down a mountain or trek the Inca Trail etc etc...

I will admit this is a bit of a selfish thread...OH and I just CANNOT choose a destination for our honeymoon. We can't even narrow it down to a corner of the World.

Inspire me please :D

the maldeves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have wanted to go there since I was about 8 and saw it on holiday! lol one day when the kids are all old enough to look after themselves soooo going. ooorrrr Japan but thats just coz im a bit of an anime fan :p

This is going to turn into my favourite thread, I just know it!

Going on personal recommendation, I would say Australia each time - my favourite place in the world! The Whitsundays are beautiful, Barrier Reef, Sydney... There's so much I haven't seen as well, so if I could get an unlimited time from work I think I would go to all of the above & then spend some time on the West Coast which is supposed to be even more amazing than the East Coast.

I loved the West Coast of the USA as well, did a three week tour of that area a couple of years ago - San Diego, Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Vegas, San Francisco, LA, Santa Monica etc - was amazing! Could you do something like that as a fly-drive sort of trip & then a few days chilling in Hawaii somewhere? Although totally depends on what sort of thing you like doing!

On my list of possible destinations this year is Thailand / Cambodia / Vietnam, or South America maybe... or the Canadian Rockies... I have a massive list at home of places I'd travel to if money was no object - I shall return to this later & bore you all to tears! :)

For me, its Japan, or driving round America "Man vs Food" style :D

Hong Kong is lovely if you prefer to be urban, Malaysia has the best of both worlds depending on where you stop, as long as you don't mind flying long haul.

Would love to go back to Hong Kong ( livrd there for 2 years) also malysia and thialand,had lovely hols there

I don't want to say too much about "us" until I've had a load of suggestions...we are trying to keep an open mind about the whole thing so don't want to limit ourselves to a holiday stereotype!

Keep 'em coming :}

Well we're doing our dream holiday next year. Bit of background, as some of you may remember me mentioning it's our 25th wedding anniversary this year. I wanted a party OH put his foot down, very firmly. So we compromised on:-

Fly business class to Moscow
Train to Bejing, stopping off in Russia & Mongolia
Train from Bejing to Tibet
Stay in Tibet for a few days
Fly Tibet-Bejing
Fly business class Bejing to Manchester:D

Even though it's our anniversary this year, we're going next year, we'd already sorted this years hols out. I'm so excited.

But I do have a list of places to visit, so if I had a bottomless pit I'd be off to:-

Places to Visit
  • Walks around Jacksonville
  • Darjeling train from Bengal to Bangladesh
  • Train from Bejing to Tibet
  • Newfoundland
  • Sanya
  • Vietnam
  • Cambodia
Places to Re-Visit
  • Mallapuram
  • Thassos
I just love holidays & really won't get board of all your dream holidays:D

Wow Michelle, that's definitely super- inspiring!!!

It's gotta be Vegas!

Sri Lanka is fabulous. it has a busy vibe with vibrant coloured silks, mopeds and crazy town travel,monkeys climbing trees on the highways and in contrast a wonderfully serene feeling perhaps because its mainly buddist population. We stayed in a raised dwelling in a paddy field, the only sound was from wooden flutes played whilst eating exquisite curry dishes and the odd elephant drinking from our pool. We spent the second week in the maldives which are extremely glamorous and very beautiful but we both much prefered Sri lanka.

Want to visit Thailand next as everyone says how amazing it is.

It would have to be the moon but that looks a forlorn hope now!

Other than that, I think somewhere I want to visit and have never been would be Everest base camp & The Himalayas visiting Nepal & Katmandu etc. As well as visiting Everest Base Camp.

I've been or am doing all the other places I wanted to visit, but have an obsession with all things Everest.

Another place I'd love to visit is one of the Cook Islands of New Zealand. Purely to say I have traveled as far away as physically possible from my house:) This would include chartering a boat to take me to the polar opposite of my home.

I'm also open for ideas for this Christmas and New Year as usually do Florida, but might do somewhere or something new.

Id love to go to Vietnam , I think someone else had it on their list too. I also have friends who live in the very northern parts of Canada so that would be an amazing trip to make.

I'd also love to explore the scottish isles having fallen in love with the west coast of the mainland last summer ... it was truly beautiful :)

Ellebear said:
Galapagos islands - suppose to be breathtaking.

Machu Picchu, Peru...

Bora Bora

I love it EB! Photographs and everything.

We hadn't thought of the majority of places mentioned by you lovely lot. Well done Team Honeymoon :D

'show us the list!! Show us the list!!'

lol, list number 2 is 'in reserves' for when we've completed list number 1, there are just far too many places to visit, I really do need a lotto win:D These are in no particular order, but I think Japan first, then Antartica, then anyone, I'd be happy bunny

Second List
  • Australia
  • Antartica
  • Northern Lights
  • St. Petersburgh
  • South Africa
  • Japan

Back