The ULTIMATE SW Quiche!

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
I know there are lots of SW quiches flying around minimins but I thought I'd share this anyway as it was so elicious and really indulgent! It was so delicious that I actually ate a bit of the greaseproof paper at the bottom and didn't even realise LOL!!

Serves 4 (serves 6 really but I'm greedy :D )
1/2 HEA + 3 syns or 1/2HEB per serve

Uncooked
8002941611_e44b504e84.jpg

Cooked
8002943952_30f0d3a657.jpg

Mmmmmmmm :D
8002943762_b1de83f9e6.jpg

INGREDIENTS

1/2 a buttenut squash
2 tbsp olive oil (2 x HEB or 12 syns)
2 leeks
2 cloves of garlic
2 Spanish red peppers
Bunch of asparagus
Bunch of parsley
Salt & pepper
8 medium eggs
1/2 cup egg whites (optional) Ocado: Two Chicks Liquid Egg White (Product Information)
1 pot quark
70g goats cheese (2 x HEA)
1 medium tomato, sliced

Preheat the oven to 200C

Peel and chop the butternut into smallish cubes. Arrange on a roasting tray, spray with oil spray and season with salt & pepper. Roast until soft an caramelised around the edges. Aroung 45 minutes.

Meanwhile finely chop the garlic, slice the peppers and leeks and chop the asparagus into 2 inch pieces (cut the woody end off and discard)

Heat the olive oil and add the leeks, garlic and peppers. Sautee on a low heat until they're properly softened, this takes about 15 - 20 minutes. Add the asparagus and fry until al dente, season, add the chopped parsley and stir. When the butternut squash is ready, add to the sauteed veggies and set everything aside to cool. Turn oven down to 180C.

Break the eggs into a bowl, add the quark and whites, season with salt & pepper and whisk well. Add the cooked veggies and mix with a spatula. Pour into an oiled (with spray) deep pan springform cake tin (about 9in/22cm). Crumble the goat's cheese and arrange the sliced tomatoes on top of the egg mixture. I lined the base with greaseproof paper and then placed the ring on top of it sealing the paper with leftover bits of paper sticking out outside the tin (hope that makes sense!)

Bake for 45- 50 minutes until the top is firm to the touch

When cooked, allow to cool in the tin for 30 minutes. It will shrink a bit and come off the sides. Take out of the pan and slice yourself a big fat wedge! Enjoy with a crisp green salad. Yum!!

That's because it got a bit burnt lol! Tasted great still and you're right, very satisfying visually :D

Quiche fans I need your advice! I'm planning on making the mini quiches which use ham as the base/crust! Do they slices of ham just harding when they are baked, do they stick to the tray? Should I fry light the inside and out?!

Quiche fans I need your advice! I'm planning on making the mini quiches which use ham as the base/crust! Do they slices of ham just harding when they are baked, do they stick to the tray? Should I fry light the inside and out?!

Have you still got the recipe for this quiche I have been searching high and low for it and cannot find it. Someone I use to work with a couple of years ago use to do slimming world and made some of these for our office christmas party and they were amazing. I've even searched the slimming world website and cannot find it lol. :)

Have you still got the recipe for this quiche I have been searching high and low for it and cannot find it. Someone I use to work with a couple of years ago use to do slimming world and made some of these for our office christmas party and they were amazing. I've even searched the slimming world website and cannot find it lol. :)

They are so easy to make. I use a silicone muffin tray, sprayed with fry light. Line a "hole" with a slice or two of ham, add any veg you like (I use cherry tomatoes), and then fill with a beaten egg. I also like to add cheese to the top of mine. As simple as that!

They are so easy to make. I use a silicone muffin tray, sprayed with fry light. Line a "hole" with a slice or two of ham, add any veg you like (I use cherry tomatoes), and then fill with a beaten egg. I also like to add cheese to the top of mine. As simple as that!

Thanks for that I will get some of those made this week :)

Back