The Vanishing Fiddler

ceilidhqueen

Fat to Fit as a Fiddle
Day 3 on exante so thought I should start a diary and track my progress.

I have about 3 stones to lose to get to my optimal bmi, but I think that will be too much for me so planning on dropping 2 stone.

I play fiddle in several ceilidh bands and with several other musical organisations which means I get my photo taken pretty regularly. Im fed up of looking at them and cringing at my size.

Time to put that right!

Was very hungry for the first and second days, but stayed 100%. Drinking loads of water (instead of loads of wine which was the norm...).

Hungry again this morning but normal hungry as I havent had breakfast yet.

Had 3 cups if bouillon yest as I love it but will cut back today as I think it is very high in salt. Not good for fluid retention. ..

Off to work. Shake for lunch, not soup as that was a mini disaster yesterday!

Feeling positive :)

Just had spaghetti bolognese. It was ok but prob my least favourite of the three meals I have in my pack.

At least I managed to cook it properly. Have discovered I need to blast the meals and the porridge in the microwave for longer than it says on the packet. Then leave them to sit for quite a while. The pasta in the carbonara yesterday was crunchy. Hmm.

Tummy still feeling empty, but it is bearable. Im starting to feel very cold... that might be showing that things are heading in the right direction. Ketosis here we come! !

Day 4.

Hungry this morning but not terribly. Off to have porridge, made on the hob.

Had to wear thick socks in bed last night as I was frozen!

Feeling good today. I think the lack of alcohol and all the water ive been drinking is doing a lot of good!

Weighed myself and was 11.3, so 3lbs down which is great! I dont lose very quickly so I'm not expecting the massive losses that some get. Anything lost is good for me :)

Just made porridge on the hob. What a difference! Thick and creamy. When time allows I will do that as often as possible. Will make carbonara on the hob tonight too.

Busy day. Girls have music lessons in a bit so will be driving them back and forth. Also need to buy them some new clothes. Why must they insist on growing???

Plus dh wants us to go to some medieval carnival thing this afternoon. Hope they arent cooking roasts on a spit... the aroma may kill me!

Hi Ive just weighed at end of week 1 at 11.10. I have similar weight to lose as u just a bit more. I also hav children too. I hav started a diary on here (no more excuses losing baby weight or something like that is my title). Shall we follow each other? Good to find someone on similar path myself :)

We have a girl 14 boys 9 and 2 and a half! Everything is like a military operation with swimming football dancing cadets childminder etc! Its what makes dieting difficult! Def sticking at Exante though :)

Oh wow! Just had the thai chicken soup, made on the hob. So delicious! My favourite so far. Could have that all day, every day.

I dont have a sweet tooth, and my pack includes loads of shakes and porridge. They are nice, but I think next pack I will replace them with more meals and soups. Definitely prefer them.

Feel a bit light headed and shaky today.... drinking loads of water and mint tea so not lack of fluids. Wish ketosis would kick in sooner.

So spent the afternoon with dh and the girls at a medieval fair. Watched jousting and battles etc. All very entertaining. The only downside is that I was starving. They had hog roasts cooking which smelled amazing. And bbqs. Which also smelled amazing. But THE most amazing smell of them all came from the arbroath smokies. I had to have one. Actually, I only had a half...

Apart from that I have been very good. Fish isnt too terrible is it???

I need to be in ketosis soon. Im so hungry at the moment. ... :banghead:

Not as far off plan as i went yesterday! Weekends are tough! How is the rest of your weekend? Do u do a sunday roast for your family? Im doing roast chicken roast sweet potatoes and veg for hubby and kids. Im even more determined to stay on plan even with cooking after the day i had yesterday! I hope u are ok x

Not as far off plan as i went yesterday! Weekends are tough! How is the rest of your weekend? Do u do a sunday roast for your family? Im doing roast chicken roast sweet potatoes and veg for hubby and kids. Im even more determined to stay on plan even with cooking after the day i had yesterday! I hope u are ok x

Yep a good day today so far thanks! Porridge for breakfast and chicken thai soup for lunch. So love it!!!! 100% so far.

And scales said I was 11.2 this morning! Eek! Someone told me this morning I had lost weight! Surely it cant be showing already? ?

Feeling so good and strong. Dh is making roast this afternoon. Im not sure im quite strong enough not to pick at everything while I cook it.... mum is coming over for dinner too which is nice. I bought them a treacle tart and custard for pudding. That doesn't bother me fortunately as I dont have a sweet tooth.

Off to take the girls for their music and dancing show rehearsal. Catch up later xx

Wow that is fab people noticing already- thats got to be a boost! I think it can show that early. Any significant loss when you are 11 stone something is going to be visible! Imagine the results in a couple of weeks time! ;)

Day 5

What has amazed me is that I have only lost 4lbs so far so for anyone to notice i have has a weight loss is amazing.

I might get to 5lbs for my first wi but maybe not. Rather annoying since I have been 100% ts (apart from that half a fish...). But I never get amazing weight loss on diets. Goodness knows what I will be losing, if anything, once this week has passed.

Anyway, despite the dismal show on the scales, am feeling positive. Feeling healthier. I think that ketosis must have kicked in as im feeling incredibly well today and not hungry. Well, just a little bit as havent had breakfast yet. I didnt get the taste in the mouth symptom but have been icy cold the past few days. So am assuming I am finally in ketosis. ...???

Quiet day today. Bank holiday here so we have closed the office and are having a day off (dh and I run our own business). Might take the girls out somewhere as I think it will be nice and sunny once the mist clears from the hills.

Time for porridge!

Just had my final meal today. Carbonara. I really have not got the hang of making it... tried to cook it on the hob and most of it overflowed and what remained stuck to the bottom of the pot.

I have a headache. And I am starving!!!! Sob. Why is ketosis avoiding me? What have I ever done to it?

Feeling very sorry for myself. And dh and dd1 are going to get a curry shortly. Dont know if I can resist. ...

Oh no hope u are feeling better now?! Did u resist the curry? And the treacle tart?! I find if u hav a day like this and manage to resist then the next day is usually easier x

Back