the wine bottle is calling my name ... help me ignore it

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dancing, 10 February 2008 Social URL.

1. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

don't know why, but I REALLY fancy a drink of wine right now - why now? Someone talk to me and keep me occupied. I don't feel tired either so I won't be going to sleep for a few hours.

Think it might be the almost spring like weather we had this weekend :character00238:.... makes me think of summer evenings with a bottle of wine!!!:devilangel:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Ask yourself what is the benefit of having the wine?

And what is the benefit of not having the wine?

Then make your decision :)

Mike

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

spoil sport. .... but I can make the immediate short term benefits of having the wine seem more appealing than the long term ones of not having the wine .... I know that but it is easy to avoid that little voice sometimes.

But your reply has dulled the voice a little (it sounds like it is in the next room now rather than speaking directly in my ear) - so thanks. So I'll stay in here and not venture into the kitchen, incase the voice starts screaming at me

5. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    What stops you just making a decision to not have it?

If you don't have it just imagine how strong you will feel, the empowerment of showing self control can become a drug if you want it to!

So if you make a decision now then why not take pride in that and then spend tomorrow smiling that you showed excellent self control and haven't knocked yourself from your real goal which is being a certain weight and staying there.

You know you can do it, you don't need me to confirm that for you.

Mike

6. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

Tell you what tho, it aint half silly drinking wine during ketosis. Hurts like HELL the nxt day!

xxxx

7. to lose long trek

to lose long trek Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Dancing is all about taking the right steps to the beat of the music. Wine will make you winge when you undo all your good work. Keep on dancing ..........

8. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

i solved the problem - watched Heath Ledger movie - Candy..... harrowing, moving, extraordinary .... all thoughts of wanting a drink have gone now.

phew, this movie wrung all my emotions out.

9. BIG BIRDY

BIG BIRDY Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

well, this morning I can't even understand why having a glass of wine was such a desire last night. I'll try to remember that the desires are very short lived. Yes, I know about the alcohol and ketosis thing but even that wasn't going to put me off ..... Silly me. I'm very glad I didn't have any. I get weighed in an hour too ....

I have my sensible head on again this morning

11. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

I had a 250ml glass of rose last week after coming off SS, i thought my head was exploding. I couldnt see straight, couldnt stand up....

My sister (consultant) told me a few brain cells were dying [​IMG]

12. Flab-u-less-Flower

Flab-u-less-Flower Silver Member

Ooh I love a glass of wine in moderation although I am a calorie counter..

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.