The Worst Meal Ever!! SW Tuna Pasta Bake

Sprinkles

Today I made the SW recipe Tuna Pasta Bake - sound good? It was the vilest meal I have ever eaten!

It looks amazing in the SW book; tuna, sweetcorn, pasta, spinach - but its all mixed up with Quark and Creme Fraiche so ended up tasting like an incredibly sour yoghurt with lumps of the other ingredients in it. Unfortunately, I made enough for 4 portions!!

Anyone else made this dish?

I make a lovely bake which all the family eat.

Fry garlic in fry light briefly, add some passatta, Sweetcorn, seasoning ( I use Italian herbs, bit I chilli for spice, dash of salt) personal preference. Add two tins of tuna. I add 5 laughing cow triangles out of allowance to make it nice a creamy. Add cooked pasta and done. If not using laughing cow I add quark and then use half fat cheddar sprinkled on top. Delish. I do chicken pasta bake as well using diced cooked chicken.

I'm afraid anything with Quark in is going to taste foul in my opinion. Unless you flavour the hell out of it, and even then, I'd still rather not eat it.

My suggestion would be to use a HEA worth of philly light, mixed with some stock next time. Or laughing cow triangels (they do a blue cheese flavoured one which I put on top of steak and burgers - its AMAZING

I feel for you, quark makes me feel :9529:I use extra light mayo mixed in with tuna, red onion, peppers, sweetcorn, peas, spring onion and pasta and that is tasty - but that is cold though :)

I've had it before, it was alright, not the best but it was...alright, had to miss the sweetcorn out though, i like sweetcorn, i like tuna, but i can't eat them together.

I hate Tuna anyway but really hate sauces made from Quark or Yogurt, I'd rather syn some cheese sauce!

lol, I see that the Quark must have been the problem, and when I said I put Creme Fraiche in it I actually mean Fromage Frais (also sour, which obviously added to the overall sourness of it). Thanks for your tips, I'm going to try it with the cheese triangles, I'm thinking that will be much nicer. I'm new, and it's trial and error - alas, I still have those 3 portions in the freezer, reckon they are headed for the bin cos the kids defo wouldn't touch 'em.

Back