They found a cyst on one of my ovaries...

Roziee

Gold Member
Hi Guys,

Need some reassurance/advise as I'm really worried :(

I went in for an ultra sound yesterday to check my kidneys.. I've had 2 urine infections in the last 6 months and lately I've been getting the urge to pee a lot.. Doctor checked my kidneys, they were fine thankfully but when she checked my ovaries she found a really big cyst on one of my ovaries :( I knew I had a cyst for years.. I've had problems with my period since I was 16 and I'm 26 now.. I didn't have a period at all last year and luckily since I've lost 3 stones with sw I have had 4 periods this year.. I had a lot of facial hair which is now none existent because I went to light treatment, I'm over weight.. All the classic signs of PCOS I have.

Im glad they now know but what happens now? It's 6cm by 7cm so it's pretty big.. I didn't let her do an internal scan- I was too scared :( but have an appointment with the gyn on Wednesday to get this sorted now..

I cried so much when I got home last night.. I'm so worried its going to something really bad.. I know loads of women get it, have children etc.. But it still hasn't consoled me :(

Hi Rozie..

Sorry about the news you got.. not the best thing in the world to be told.. I completely understand how you are feeling.. we all felt that way at some stage when we found out..

But dont let it ruin your life! You need to look at the full situation before you get so down.. (i.e. do i ovulate monthly, how can i keep symptoms at bay, level of hormone imbalance, fertility etc. etc.) It may not be as bad as you think.. talk to an expert and get their opinion.

Everything can be overcome.. I learned that the hard way.. excess hair = lazer, cysts = drilling, fertility = treatment.. weight = diet.. there is a solution for every problem!

Like anything in life, you fall down and can be the victim or you can learn and grow and overcome...

There are great support groups out there.. use them.. knowledge is power.. learn about the condition..

Big hug for you.. xx be good to yourself and remember there are so many people out there much worse off.. :)

TobeaSkinnyMe said:
Sorry about the news you got.. not the best thing in the world to be told.. I completely understand how you are feeling.. we all felt that way at some stage when we found out..

But dont let it ruin your life! You need to look at the full situation before you get so down.. (i.e. do i ovulate monthly, how can i keep symptoms at bay, level of hormone imbalance, fertility etc. etc.) It may not be as bad as you think.. talk to an expert and get their opinion.

Everything can be overcome.. I learned that the hard way.. excess hair = lazer, cysts = drilling, fertility = treatment.. weight = diet.. there is a solution for every problem!

Like anything in life, you fall down and can be the victim or you can learn and grow and overcome...

There are great support groups out there.. use them.. knowledge is power.. learn about the condition..

Big hug for you.. xx be good to yourself and remember there are so many people out there much worse off.. :)

Yeah im in anticipation as I need to see the gynaecologist on wednesday and only then will I feel better I suppose..

Thank you for your kind words :)

Back