• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

thickening sauces.

bilsat

Really likes to cook
You can use instant mash!

kerry b

Silver Member
Both good ideas. Will keep the mash In mind for when I use stock but just sounds strange with cider so puree veg it is for today. Thanks

I'm glad someone has started this thread as i make a lot of sauces and never know how to thicken it (i hate counting syns for flour) I might have to try the instant mash idea (does it alter the taste at all does anyone know??)

Mel2

Silver Member
It doesn't really alter the taste but I personally prefer the pureed veg way of thickening. I find that when I use smash all the potatoey bits kind of sink to the bottom of the sauce and it doesn't look very appetising. Each to their own though!

You could try courgette to thicken it, as it is one of those veg's that doesnt have a very strong taste itself, so will take on the taste of the cider! My mum does this trick in most things she cooks!
Hope that helps!
C xx

thickening sauces

I'm glad someone has started this thread as i make a lot of sauces and never know how to thicken it (i hate counting syns for flour) I might have to try the instant mash idea (does it alter the taste at all does anyone know??)
I have and there is no difference