thin legs

Cahrlierogers

now i have alway been a heavy girl but my things that i hate most is my fat calves my calves have always been really big (i love boots). Wen i lose weight will i lose these i have always wondered.

They will go down as you lose weight but it takes time...if you measure them now you will have a record as you lose weight...I find that my calves are the last place for the weight to come off and I guess it must be due to the strong muscle in my calves that were needed to carry my weight.

My things were 29 1/2" and now just over 3 stone lighter they are 26"
My calves were 18 1/2" and now................................................17"

Your legs WILL slim down as the weight comes off. You WILL be able to wear the boots you love! Stick with it!

I think everything will slim down in similar proportions to what they are now. That's been my experience on my many weight loss/gains. I want to be slim enough to wear leggings and not be too self conscious, so I'm with you on the leg thing. I'm just fat all over lol, so I'm hoping if I get to 10 stone, I'll be medium all over!:p

This is the same for me and I find that lots of very brisk walks (I'm not much of a jogger!) really help to tone them up. You'll get there, just keep going and keep your eye on the prize - the loveliest pair of boots you can find!

Mine are big too its a standard joke now i have a double knee with the weight of them not a double chin ha ha x

so im back but i forgot my username so i rejoined im gonna go on ebay and or somewhere and find that i can dream about i work a lot in daylight hours but i cant wait for light night for it

Mine are 16 inches - coincidentally I just measured them this morning as I have a dress I bought for a wedding but my calves look too fat to wear it. I really wish I could slim them down. I also have very big hips so leggings look ridiculous on me.
I am hoping I will have lost some weight by the summer and my calves might be a bit thinner before it is time to get into the winter boots.

in august last year my calf were 18.75 inch but today measuring they are 17 as the rest is coming off at the same rate im really happy with this :)

my calves are the last to slim down but lots of water and massaging them does help.. I seem to retain water in my lower legs... I am about a size 10 in clothes bit still find it difficult for boots to fit my calves.. They fluctuate between 15/16.5inches.

Pain in the A*rse

Last edited:
I didn't notice the previous persons comment but as I am a zumba instructor I think the point is very wrong

Fatter legs could be due to the dreadful disease called Lipoedema. It is not well known but around 10% of women have it to some degree from stage 1 to a stage 4 or even higher. It is diagnosed only on a referral from the GP to a dermatology or lymphoedema clinic where a consultant will diagnose it. You can get compression tights or perhaps liposuction but it is a struggle to even get diagnosis.

I bought a pair of (don't laugh) wellies and they were too tight!! 1.5 stone down and they fitted fine so yes, calves will slim down :)

Back