Things I learnt this week

pigletville

Silver Member
After 6 months of being particularly good I've decided to start a diary, so that I can have a record of the remainder of my journey.

I've also had a pretty good week this week and wanted to document some of the things I've learnt.

1. It's all true - Cheeseburger Pie is the absolute best!
2. Keto stixs are magic
3. Phases of euphoria when in ketosis are dangerous - I've agreed to do something beyond my capabilities at work as I was asked if I wouldn't mind doing it when I was feeling particularly positive :)eek:)
4. A tsp of turmeric added to cauliflower rice is amazing
5. Looking at clothes when you're hanging them out and realising that now you are wearing a smaller size you can get soooooo much more on the clothes horse!
6. The LCM is a wonderful shop, but the temptation to try everything when it arrives is overwhelming!

I'm sure there are plenty more - anyone else learnt anything recently?
:)

Celeriac chips are my BFF, and diabetic chocolate is the enemy. :D

That everything you loved before Atkins can be converted into low carb... this way of eating does not mean compromise. x

Great list - I still need to try out the cheeseburger pie & dream of the day of smaller clothes :D

I love the list, its a great idea.

Ive only been doing this for a week but so Ive learnt that to eat Atkins means that my teeth keep their clean new brushed feeling all day instead of feeling dirty and desperate to brush them if you know what I mean.

Ive only been doing this for a week but so Ive learnt that to eat Atkins means that my teeth keep their clean new brushed feeling all day instead of feeling dirty and desperate to brush them if you know what I mean.

know EXACTLY what you mean!!!!

That everything you loved before Atkins can be converted into low carb... this way of eating does not mean compromise. x

Oh yes - I love this one - I was thinking today - I must adapt my veg growing plans for this summer to fit in with my menus. I normally grow stacks of spuds and onions....
I think celariac might be going in - better do some research!

I have learnt that i can live without pasta, potato or rice....for 5 days anyway!

Ditto what Katie said - plus I've learned I can do the following

- eat well
- be full and happy, watching the weight that took 20 years to put on come off
- eat way more veg than ever before
- not rely on ready meals (packed full of salt and preservatives), I used to live on them!

Oh, and just to bring the tone down, I don't miss blowing off all the time from evil carbs! :eek::D

Last edited:

So true!

Now you mention the teeth - that's really true. Just realised they are still feeling squeaky clean after a night's sleep and brekkie. Having to wield the flosser after all the yummy meat though!

Such a learning curve - more things learnt already.
1. I don't seem to be one of the 25% intolerant to aspartame - drank quite a lot of diet coke yesterday. - my little keto stick is still nicely pink.
2. Seeing as someone else kindly lowered the tone (YAY!)
Oh, and just to bring the tone down, I don't miss blowing off all the time from evil carbs! :eek::D
I will continue to lower it further - I do seem to be someone susceptible to the laxative effects of sugar alcohol from those tasty little low carb bars from the LCM!
:eek:

You're not alone, Piglet, I'm OK with Atkins bars but suffer from the rest - and Clare (Waterworks) just loves to hate Thornton's diabetic choc :D

LOL - until yesterday, when they started to rumble inside me, it hadn't occured to me that I hadn't trumped in ages!!!! Luckily OH has an excellent sense of (toilet) humour! :D

Also, I get IBS if I eat steak :( I went through a phase where I had to have steak with a stilton sauce every day, but oh boy did I pay for it! One of the many great things about Atkins is you soon learn what works for you - and what doesn't! :)

Not only that but I also go through way less tissues - my missus hates me on carbs as it makes me really really snotty!

I am way way way less windy on Atkins than on carbs :D

Come to think of it my OH has been a lot less windy too since he's been eating a lower carb diet too as a result of my general eating patterns - That's another thing learnt and definitely another thing to add to my "isn't Atkins great list!"

Back