Things that made you feel good about yourself today??

Miss*Kellyxoxo

Gold Member
Hi evryone!! Hope you are all doing and feeling good?? Yesterday for the first time this year i resisted anything out of a gorgeous big box of choclolates that someone brought into work!! Even though evryone else was having some and trying to talk me into it!! It actually made me feel really good resisting and saying no, empowering even?!? I know it is only a silly little thing but made me feel great!! Does anyone else have anything, big or small that made them feel this way today?? Could be anything from resisting naughty food, having someone pay you a lovely compliment, making a lovely new recipe you havnt tried before??? Please share?? Xx

Great idea for a thread - hope it catches on!

So, this makes me feel good, but not sure why, and I was just looking for somewhere to post it, so here seems a good place: I have just ordered a slow cooker, which should arrive at the weekend, and I am sooooo excited about it & the possibilities it brings.

Also, I was just looking at my (corporate) shirt & thinking its a little large, and that I may go & ask for a smaller one!

Great idea for a thread - hope it catches on!

So, this makes me feel good, but not sure why, and I was just looking for somewhere to post it, so here seems a good place: I have just ordered a slow cooker, which should arrive at the weekend, and I am sooooo excited about it & the possibilities it brings.

Also, I was just looking at my (corporate) shirt & thinking its a little large, and that I may go & ask for a smaller one!

Well done hun!! You must be so proud! Sometimes its the little things that make a difference!! And all those little things will eventually add up and be huge!! Let me know how you get on with your slow cooker xx

Doing a bit of (very unplanned!) exercise at the weekend made me feel great. I dropped my car of at the garage and went to get the bus home before realising that I'd forgotten my purse(!) so I ended up walking the 3 miles back home. Doesn't sound like much but I don't do much exercise (naughty, I know) so every little helps.

I also declined some delicious looking birthday cake the other day and people looked at me like I had horns or something!

Oh, and I put my normal work trousers on this morning, the ones that were too tight before Christmas, and they're getting big on me now :)

Doing a bit of (very unplanned!) exercise at the weekend made me feel great. I dropped my car of at the garage and went to get the bus home before realising that I'd forgotten my purse(!) so I ended up walking the 3 miles back home. Doesn't sound like much but I don't do much exercise (naughty, I know) so every little helps.

I also declined some delicious looking birthday cake the other day and people looked at me like I had horns or something!

Oh, and I put my normal work trousers on this morning, the ones that were too tight before Christmas, and they're getting big on me now :)

That is amazing!! 3 miles is loads!! I love it when your clothes get looser!! Xx

Abs go you!! Also on saturday i took practically evrything i own in a size 16 and listed it on ebay lol!?! No way back now!! Just really hope i dont have any nights out sprung on me in the next few weeks lol!! I have nothing to wear!! Xx

Miss Kelly I love your Viszla (or at least from what I can tell from the little photo the doggie is a Viszla!) I just mine down a month ago and still miss him muchly!

Even though I gained 3.2lbs which I'm putting down to *week I can still fit into my coat which means it is a fake gain otherwise the coat would be snug like before. So I'm ignoring the scales this week and feel good that my coat is getting looser

Miss Kelly I love your Viszla (or at least from what I can tell from the little photo the doggie is a Viszla!) I just mine down a month ago and still miss him muchly!

Even though I gained 3.2lbs which I'm putting down to *week I can still fit into my coat which means it is a fake gain otherwise the coat would be snug like before. So I'm ignoring the scales this week and feel good that my coat is getting looser

Hi, yeah he is a viszla, he is my abs baby!! Im so sorry to hear about your puppy, i do not know what i will do when that day comes!! He is only 2 so hopefully it a long way away!! What age was yours and what was his name?? That is amazing your coat is loose!! Your gain is probably just fluid retention because of your star week!! Obviously you are doing something right if your clothes feel too big xx

You can't miss that rusty coat anywheres. Are you on the Scottish Viszla forum? If you are you might recognise him. Brogan was 8 and I believe he was injured with his previous owners, but he wasn't a complainer so I don't think they realised. I rescued him in June so didn't have him for ages, but he was my baby and he was a baby loved to cuddle on the floor together. What breeder did you get him from?

Yeah, the coat being loose tells me it's all fake weight that and the fact my jeans are still fairly loose even though I'm also wearing thermals! I'll keep going as this isn't putting me off, if I wasn't sure what it was or the fact that I gain 5lbs then I might be concerned. I'll hopefully get a nice surprise at the end though with a decent weight loss!

You can't miss that rusty coat anywheres. Are you on the Scottish Viszla forum? If you are you might recognise him. Brogan was 8 and I believe he was injured with his previous owners, but he wasn't a complainer so I don't think they realised. I rescued him in June so didn't have him for ages, but he was my baby and he was a baby loved to cuddle on the floor together. What breeder did you get him from?

Yeah, the coat being loose tells me it's all fake weight that and the fact my jeans are still fairly loose even though I'm also wearing thermals! I'll keep going as this isn't putting me off, if I wasn't sure what it was or the fact that I gain 5lbs then I might be concerned. I'll hopefully get a nice surprise at the end though with a decent weight loss!

Aww how sad!! Im not on the forum but will check it out!! Bet you have a huge loss next week, just try and drink plenty of water to balance out the *week fluid, that always helps for me xx

Great thread!

For me - 100% so far today and I walked from Farringdon to Victoria (via Green Park) rather than using the tube or a cab :whacky068:

One of my students told me that I looked 'really nice'. She doesn't usually speak to me during our lesson and this was at break!!

I feel great today because i have done my first bit of body magic this year!! Just practically power walked with the dog for almost 40 mins!! And walked really fast to and from the bus stop today!! Bout 20 mins all in all!! Really wasnt in the mood to go out in the cold tonight but now i have done it i am so glad i did!! Hoping to start the 30 day shred dvd soon so that will be an achievement for another day!! Xx

I walked 4.4 miles tonight even though it is freezing outside and really slippy in places (major fear of falling over and hurting either my back, dodgy knee or ankle) and today I actually looked in the mirror in works bathroom usually I wash my hands and avoid looking in the mirror,today I looked at myself side ways on and liked what I saw :)

I walked 4.4 miles tonight even though it is freezing outside and really slippy in places (major fear of falling over and hurting either my back, dodgy knee or ankle) and today I actually looked in the mirror in works bathroom usually I wash my hands and avoid looking in the mirror,today I looked at myself side ways on and liked what I saw :)

Well done! And I'm so glad there's someone else out there with a fear of falling over, I'm exactly the same. I dread the snow/ice for that reason and my friend last week asked me to go ice skating with her...seriously!!...I didn't even respond, she just got 'the look'!

Hehe I sing in a soul group and we had tops made a year ago. Mine was tight and now I could get in it twice. I wear it to the gym these days!

Or when I resist the booze and only have a couple or none at all!

Back