Things to do with Quark!

Harrietcc

I always bung a tub of Quark in my shopping trolley, because I know its free, but more often than not, I can't think of anything to do with it and it ends up in the bin.

So this week I have been trying to do things with Quark and I was wandering if anyone else has any ideas.

So far I have made two dips/sauces as an alternative to mayo or bbq sauce.

BBQ Quark

Quark
Tomato Puree
Worcester Sauce
Tobasco Sauce
Sweetner

Now I don't know the exact ingredients as I just made this to taste, but mixed all together this was a lovely BBQ style condiment to go with my plain chicken.

The mayo alternative I created, was a bit more like an alternative to Marie Rose sauce I suppose. I was having tuna and prawns on a jacket potato and hate it without mayo, so I stirred this up....

Quark
Tomato Puree
Dill
Garlic Puree
Chilli Powder
Tobasco

Obviously the chilli and tobasco are optional, and again I just mixed these ingredients to taste. I mixed it through my tuna and prawns and it was lovely.

I'll post any more concoctions I come up with here.... Anyone els
e got any Quark ideas? xx :)

They sound delicious! Yum! I usually whizz mine up with a pack of smoked mackerel and some lemon juice to make smoked mackerel pâté. I also use it as a sour cream substitute, mixed with a little fromage frais to slacken it. I've not enjoyed the cheesecake recipes made with quark though, they go a really odd texture, not at all like cheesecake!

Liz
X

They sound delicious! Yum! I usually whizz mine up with a pack of smoked mackerel and some lemon juice to make smoked mackerel pâté. I also use it as a sour cream substitute, mixed with a little fromage frais to slacken it. I've not enjoyed the cheesecake recipes made with quark though, they go a really odd texture, not at all like cheesecake!

Liz
X

That mackerel idea sounds lovely!! I hadn't thought of doing that! Going to try it!! Xx

Back