Think I have just wasted a lot of money

Well day 1 n motivated. Had my shake this morning- vanilla which I was nervous about trying as probably the least popular among the comments. Wasn't too bad but vile after taste. Lunch time had the tomsto basil soup. I added chilli. I nearly gagged it was creamy n not nice I really did my best but had to throw half of it away as I nearly barfed. I loce soups normally too so was disappointed. Very disheartened now :-( have I just wasted £100 on products I cant eat cos they make me gag....

The after taste is the vitamins and minerals in the shakes and it does go away as your body gets use to them. As for the soups I could never get use to them, yet some people love them.

If you half a glass of water before your shake it can help with the taste...

keep trying, some of them are lovely. .you can add coffee to the vanilla shakes. I split all my shakes in 2 so they last longer spaced throughout the day and it makes them less thick and creamy

There are lots of things you can add to make the packs more palatable if you need them to. I always add instant coffee to the vanilla shakes. I always make the soups up with 400ml of water and I mix them with a stick blender and drink them out of a huge mug. I sometimes add a bit of garlic powder to the mushroom soup. I haven't tried the tomato soup myself as it seems to be the least favourite flavour around here but I got some in my last order so we'll see. If you need you can add salt and pepper, chilli, tabasco, herbs and spices to your soups :)

Thanks for the advice guys. Had one of the bars for tea n it was ok. So hopefully stuck with it today. Gonna try the mushroom soup tomorrow. Hope I can finish this one :) I just need to think of the end results. Hope u guys are losing well :)

The tomato soup is really only fit for the bin, I can't stomach it even with added seasoning. Veg and Mushroom are ok though :) But I prefer the carbonara over all the soups. I only went for a pick your own box this month - more expensive but I spent more money buying things to replace what I didn't like last time 8D It's good to sample everything though.

The only products i can really stand is the vanilla hot with coffee and the carbonara. Havnt actually tried the soups, not brave enough!

Shakes on blender with 260water, ice ad through a straw is fine.... Soups am still mastering even with blender it's hard to get it down although I add stuff to them so far like Thai chicken. All bars and shakes fine with me I have here's up a chocolate and a bar and mixed them together quite nice. I have just ordered a winter box to try the porridge and pasta. I am only on week two but in week one lost 17ibs so hoping that will be motivation. Also if am struggling I am doing a day here and there working solutions. I am not actually hungry jut mentally hungry but would rather chew something then be totally miserable and sticking to protein based choices it's amazing how good a tin of tuna can taste after a powder soup first three days stick to it and break the cycle if sugar rushes and junk will help it x good luck

Ice, sweetener and blending really makes the shakes a whole lot better started doing that in day 1 and have continued now till week 12. Can't have it any other way. I don't like the soups but I do have some left over frm my first box and so if I fancy a change its cooked on a hob with chilli flakes and put through a sieve afterwards cos I hate lumps. Stick to it, u will get used to the taste. Even my partner nicks some of my shakes now:)

I had a tomato soup last night and I thought it was ok, I added some garlic powder to it and made it with 400ml of water the way I do the mushroom one and I quite liked it. It's not something I'll want everyday the way I like the mushroom one, but I will certainly not have any problems finishing the packs I've got.

I stick to shakes, porridge and pasta carbonara lol! I hate the soups last time and didn't remember if I liked the bars!

I also paid the little bit extra for picking my own =)

How did you get on today?

hi cw just popped in to see how you are getting on xx

Hi guys. Thanks for checking on me! I enjoyed the strawberry shake n actually the mushroom soup was not too bad, at least I managed to finish this one. So that cheered me up, especially now that I have tried the least 2 popular soups n only disliked one it can only get better!! However I had a bit of a protein craving when I got home n had 2 slices of smoked salmon. Hit the exercise bike for an hour tho as had the guilt - over smoked salmon - I know its crazy!! Bit of a headache today as well but that may mean ketosis is on its way perhaps? Hope ur all keeping strong!! :)

lol Keely ^^^

Cwood... could have been worse atleast it was only smoked salmon, just try and keep the cheats to a minimum otherwise its hard to get out of the nibbling habit even when you hit ketosis!!

and hold off on the exercise until your a few weeks in, its recommended do only do 20 mins of light exercise especially at first while your body adjusts to the shock of going down to 600 kcals!!!

My first day yesterday. I had the nut and raisin bar chopped up and spread out all through the day. Didn't really enjoy it and even ended up leaving some (after picking out the raisins!)
Then I had vanilla shake and made it wrong so it was terrible. Then for dinner I had Thai soup which was way too creamy for me so added Tabasco and was much better!
When I woke up this morning I was feeling a bit down (totm) and thought I would try the chocolate orange bar and it's lush! Really perked me up and have me new inspiration to carry on! I bought the 4 week bumper pack and chose my own so now looking forward to working out what my favourites are! I've made the pasta carbonara my weekend treat, so can't wait to try that tonight!
Hope you do find something you like xxx

Cherry pie I agree the chic orange bar is the best...try the opus with a little more water and they are not as thick and creamy..it also ensures that you get even more fluid down.

Ah brilliant thanks I will do that! X

Back