Think i need help

Chazhavnfun

Im currently sitting her in tears, I'm really sad and upset with myself. I dont care if no one responds to this i just need to get it out really and if someone is there to give me advice that be great.
Im 5ft 7 and last time i weighed myself 2 weeks ago i was 14st 11lbs :(
Im well aware i need to lose weight and look rubbish. I keep saying im going to start back (i lost a st on ww and put it back on and some) weightwatchers the app has helped me alot. Lastnight my husband was trying to be affectionate and i pushed him away. He said he loves me no matter what but how can he love this.
I said it was the final straw and made some homemade veg soup today. Then tonight i got hungry and ordered pizza hut. As soon as i ordered it (online) i regreted it but still ate half of it when i came. I txt my husband straight away and told him i was a disgrace and i was sorry. He told me not to be so silly lol.
Ive spent hrs and hrs online looking at tips and everything. I know so much info on weighloss and the healthy ways to do it. But i dont seem to know how to follow it.

I know how you feel, I could identify with most of your post.

I don't know the answers, but I didn't want to read & run. You're not on your own hun. I too know all the theory - SW, WW, Calories, the lot. It's just I struggle to implement it.

Do you go to a class, or go it alone?

Just on my own,well with my husband really. I couldn't afford to go to classes but i can do it i've done it before. Don't you just wish you could bottle motivation? I dont understand what happens in my head, i want to be healthy n thin. I know how to do it :rolleyes: so why am i not doing it???

I don't understand it either..

It's good that he's supportive :)

Maybe we need a fresh look on this. Instead of thinking "we can't do it" let's try for a fresh start tomorrow morning, and a clean sheet.. we CAN do this and this time we are GOING TO DO THIS! :)

Im with you :) I have to do this for my 4 babies. I need to be healthy for them. Ive discovered frozen blueberries. Really good snack. My problems are night time eating while watching tv. I just cant seem to stop that habbit.

Oooh, frozen grapes too, and chopped peppers with homemade salsa dip.
My problem area is mindless stupidity eating at work. And resorting to "comfort food". Emotional eating they say. Need to say NO!! :D

Tomorrow is a new day, fresh start :)

Well, you CAN do it y'know... but it starts with that mental 'click'

I spent almost 7 years overweight and in May 2011 I was 15 stone 2lbs. I'm now 9 stone so proof it can be achieved.

First of all try amending your stats on here and make your goal 13 stone 12. That's very achievable very quickly and will give you a boost - it's a motivator. Then, once reached, lower it to maybe 13 stone 8 and so on and so forth.

Secondly, write everything down that you eat and...this is crucial! ... stop snacking. Try three meals a day, moderate carb and no white carbs at all. Calorie counting is a good initial way to go...you know where you are, there is no capacity for huge portions a la Slimming World and you stay in control. The no snack thing and proper meals will stabilise your blood sugar and stop cravings. I was a massive binge eater... not an emotional eater but a compulsive one and kicking this habit has been very difficult for me.

And lastly, take control of what you put in your mouth. Rage around your house screaming if you have to, but don't order in a pizza. Jump on here. Tape up your mouth with sellotape to concentrate the mind. Anything..just take responsibility and make a choice... being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard!

Lots of luck and feel free to disregard whatever you like in this message. But I lost over 6 stone purely through determination and if i can do it..well, you know the rest!

You're doing well nina : ) I like a positive ' let's do this ' attitude as it achieves a lot.

And you're another calorie counter? Of all the diets/fads I read, CC is THE way to go for results as it makes you so accountable.

Im currently sitting her in tears, I'm really sad and upset with myself. I dont care if no one responds to this i just need to get it out really and if someone is there to give me advice that be great.
Im 5ft 7 and last time i weighed myself 2 weeks ago i was 14st 11lbs :(
Im well aware i need to lose weight and look rubbish. I keep saying im going to start back (i lost a st on ww and put it back on and some) weightwatchers the app has helped me alot. Lastnight my husband was trying to be affectionate and i pushed him away. He said he loves me no matter what but how can he love this.
I said it was the final straw and made some homemade veg soup today. Then tonight i got hungry and ordered pizza hut. As soon as i ordered it (online) i regreted it but still ate half of it when i came. I txt my husband straight away and told him i was a disgrace and i was sorry. He told me not to be so silly lol.
Ive spent hrs and hrs online looking at tips and everything. I know so much info on weighloss and the healthy ways to do it. But i dont seem to know how to follow it.

I've often felt the same. Going through a bit a low myself at the moment and tears come all too easily! Sounds like your hubby is a good support to you - mine is as well but doesn't understand that him saying "I think your gorgeous" or "you're perfect to me" is something that I can twist into another self inflicted insult- i.e. - he thinks I'm fine but no one else does! Just goes to show how silly we can be when we're feeling down and "fat". There's no easy way to chase away those feelings but sometimes I just look at myself in the mirror and say to myself that every problem is for solving and crying is not the solution and it kind of picks me up a bit.

Re the late nite eating - I'm the very same, my hubby goes to bed early and sometimes I used to find myself munching 2 hrs away!! My solution to that was to take up knitting- it kept my hands busy and my mind distracted and hubby got a lovely new jumper (well he likes it anyway!). Would you try knitting or crocheting?

i hope you feel brighter soon - I could almost feel the desperation in your post. X

Hi. I so understand what you are feeling - Like everyone has said - try and find something to do with your hands when you will usually reach for the snacks - knitting is great - I do this also :) maybe always have healthy foods wherever you go - and in a container at work, so you reach for those indtead - Also water :) - i have been introduced that it helpes cure craving thanks to this site. you can do it! we all can do it!! We are both very lucky our OH's support us :) all the best chicky - and sweets: cry if you want too - you'll feel much better after :)

I think you ordered the pizza because you thought that you couldn't put what you know into practice, so you just thought what the heck, ill do it tomorrow....
But you can, you say you know how to lose the weight, well. That's half the battle! You are very lucky, because I don't, this is something I need to learn from scratch. Now gaining weight, I'm an expert at :cry:
We have to be very careful when we are having an off moment, this is when we do the most damage to ourselves because we focus too much on what we can't achieve and not enough on what we can.

Maybe next time your doubting yourself, play about with the children or do something completely different to take your mind off the negativity?
Start small like cooking dinner from fresh, no processed produce. It will make you feel great when you have created a flavourful, delicious dinner all by yourself.
The hardest part is putting everything into practice, but there really is no magic advice for this, because as I have learnt, if you don't take that first step yourself, you are just gonna stay in the same place. When you feel comfortable enough to move forward and feel confident enough that you can do this, then you will succeed. Remember, you are doing this for you. The only person that can put all the great knowledge into great weight loss is you.
Good luck

Thank you all so much, its so nice to have such support. Thats why i love this site :) I should never have left. Im going to defo try frozen grapes as ive never tried them. Im also going to change my goal weight too. Its a brill idea. I should look at mini goals instead of my overall goal that seems a million miles away. Thanks all again. Also ive done ww but i think im going to give that abreak and try cc again for a while. xxxx

Well, you CAN do it y'know... but it starts with that mental 'click'

I spent almost 7 years overweight and in May 2011 I was 15 stone 2lbs. I'm now 9 stone so proof it can be achieved.

First of all try amending your stats on here and make your goal 13 stone 12. That's very achievable very quickly and will give you a boost - it's a motivator. Then, once reached, lower it to maybe 13 stone 8 and so on and so forth.

Secondly, write everything down that you eat and...this is crucial! ... stop snacking. Try three meals a day, moderate carb and no white carbs at all. Calorie counting is a good initial way to go...you know where you are, there is no capacity for huge portions a la Slimming World and you stay in control. The no snack thing and proper meals will stabilise your blood sugar and stop cravings. I was a massive binge eater... not an emotional eater but a compulsive one and kicking this habit has been very difficult for me.

And lastly, take control of what you put in your mouth. Rage around your house screaming if you have to, but don't order in a pizza. Jump on here. Tape up your mouth with sellotape to concentrate the mind. Anything..just take responsibility and make a choice... being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard!

Lots of luck and feel free to disregard whatever you like in this message. But I lost over 6 stone purely through determination and if i can do it..well, you know the rest!

I love this post!!!! Really - no forgive yourself and love yourself for eating a bag of mini twix (cos you bought the mini ones as you'd only have one), let's have a hug - just what I need to hear. I'm hearing that click again.
I also use hypnosis cd's - cheap ones off E-bay, it just helps me to make time and think about why I want to loose weight. When your want to be lean and slim is greater than your want to eat, you'll always win and do whatever you have to get yourself there.
If sitting in front of the tv triggers you to eat, then don't watch tv! Apparently it takes 21 days to make a habit - let's start a new habit thread ?

Id love a new habit thread, actually really Id love new habits! whats that saying - ,you make your habits, then your habits make you' - something like that?

Back