Think I'm gonna cry

Emmy_lu

Silver Member
Ok so just been weighed after my refeed and put on 8 lb in a week. I'm so annoyed and upset because apart from two weight watchers carrot cakes I didn't eat anything unhealthy and the sheet says low fat desert days 4-7 anyway so where am I going wrong? Im petrified that I will put it all back on week after week. On every one else's refeeds they lose weight or only put on a couple of pound why do I put so much on?

Sorry to hear about that Emma :( are you going back on TFR again for 2 weeks like last time? I looked through your refeed plan but I can't really work out from it where you're going wrong. What is the "plan" you're working off btw? Is is like the sheet you get from the pharmacy that is like an A4 with a table of Days 1-7 and what you should eat?

I think next time you refeed you should spend more time putting your refeed diary on here in as much detail as you can down to sizes, times of eating and even try pictures like I did. Then if we notice anything not quite right we can tell you.

Did you keep up your water consumption? That really helps.

I followed the sheet but due to my wisdom tooth coming through I did substitute a couple of meals for yogurts or bran flakes as the crunchy salad was not going down well but I used my fitness app and made sure my calories didn't go over 600 and introduced carbs slowly ect, I just don't get it? I didn't have as much water as on TFR but I don't think I did anything bad enough to put on 8lb I haven't been near chocolate crisps or anything like that? I don't want to go back on TFR, well I do but I won't because I'd only be able to do two weeks which would only lose what I've put on then I think it would go back in refeed week.

i don't know what to do :-( but what ever I am doing obviously is really bad

xx

I honestly cannot think what you'd have done - is it just water weight do you think? What did your pharmacist say? Mine are really, really knowledgeable I don't know what yours are like.

You haven't had the best circumstances but I can't imagine substituting things would be that bad - it's not like you substituted a salad for like a block of lard did you. Can you try think back to each day and maybe flesh out your refeed sheet again so I can go through it? Like water intake too.

Oh no Emma! It can only be water weight hun!! Maybe your body tends to put back more glycogen than the average person and therefore the extra water?????? Do you remember the stuff that Debbie posted?? Water weight can go up and then settle back down again over time. Maybe your body doesn't quite know where it is with you doing LT then refeed then LT and refeed again and it's hanging on to everything it can get?

I think the thing to do it take a deep breath and move forward. I don't think another dose of LT is the right one right now. Maybe keep your calories around 1000/day for a week and see how you get on? x x x

I know how you feel. It's so upsetting... But you can't change it.

DO NOT stop going to get weighed for the next few weeks - this is critical!!

If for some reason you put more weight on then you're going to have to look at portion sizes and weigh everything really carefully for a while until you get used to it.

Most likely your weight will stabilise over the next few weeks so don't feel too upset.

Dunno what went wrong but I'm absolutely gutted, if it is water is there a way to get rid of it? Like certain things to eat ect? I got all my new holiday clothes packed in a case for the 24th and now I'm worried they won't fit, I don't think I can lose that much without lipotrim. It's not like I ate chocolate or anything unhealthy I just don't get it xx

Maybe try to follow the refeed to the letter. Weigh everything!

Sorry to hear this Emma, knowing you've worked so hard and gained is disheartening I'm sure. Don't fret to much about the scales if you are happy in the way you look and you know your a healthy weight then your fine, as for your holiday clothes am sure those lbs wont make much difference if any difference at all. Try exercising combined with healthy eating to shift the weight what you have gained.. It could be water weight like others have said - if your not drinking enough water then I believe the body holds water instead? Are you getting all your water? Just try different things hun because everybody's body is different I would def give exercise a go combined with healthy eating but you could try weight waters or slimming world for now? Don't get down. Smile :) x x x

Thank you everyone for your advice, and, ill follow your advice and ill keep getting weighed as much as I don't want to suddenly put on a stone without noticing. I really want to go back on the shakes but I know I can't at the moment so in going to have to look in to something else just not sure what.
i feel like all my hard works going out the window and I've lost all will power and determination, looking at other people's portion sizes has made me realize that mine were to big. I might do the refeed week and see what happens x

4oz of chicken and about 3 quarters of a breakfast bowl of salad ( as it says on refeed sheet) but the salad was chopped up small so probably contained more than it was supposed to x

Back