think iv made mistake

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
:cry:Guys

Iv came on to confess because i think iv made a big mistake (as per usual) i was getting fed up with sw, reason being as usual i was making excuses like i don’t have time blah blah blah so i took it into my head on Monday night to join ww thinkin it would be easier time wise etc etc.. well day 5 and iv starving :( and im already sick of thinkin to much about what im eating and if im eating to much, i think iv made the wrong decision and i should have stuck with sw, can someone please help me, why cant i stay focused on one diet i always think one is better than the other! All im doin is wastin my own money! And thing is i lovvveee my sw class and really missed it on wed :( so questions is do i just go back to sw on wed and maybe try and finish doin ww until then and then back to sw thurs morning or what do u think?im my own worst enemy!
:cry:

Why don't you start eating sw style now and then go rejoin. There is no point making yourself miserable by being hungry all the time.

Then maybe try to plan a bit more and bulk cook if you can when you have more time, will make it a bit easier for you

Good luck hope it all works out for you and don't beat yourself up over it :)

Personally I would say do whatever you're happier with. Everyone is different but if you're hungry all the time on WW then chances are you're not going to stick with it. If it was me I would probably just go straight back onto SW but I honestly don't know anything about how WW works so can't say that would necessarily be good or bad for loss? I just know if I was hungry I wouldn't be able to stay on plan and would end up eating everything in sight (which I have no doubt would be fatty, sweet, chocolatey, etc) and so would be better off going back to SW where I know I can stay full. Just my opinion though :)

I don't think I can add anything that's not already been said, just wanted to say good luck with whatever you decide xxx

Hiya, I'm on week 3 of WW and I am just getting used to it. I am on 26 pp a day so I have to stretch them out a lot with veg and fruit as they don't go far.

My first week I was hungry - but I persevered with it and now it's not so bad. My portions are a lot smaller than on SW but I don't think that's a bad thing as I needed to get my weight losses going again.

WW is working for me but I will go back to SW once I've lost this weight as I'm not a fan of pointing.

ALL diets work, it's just a question of determination and motivation. I know I could make SW work for me again but I'm not motivated with it, hence the switch to WW.

How many points are you on and do you use your weeklies too?

Hello curvygirl I can honestly say I totally know what ur going through I have done SW a few times first time was really successful I lost 3 stone but since it has crept back on slowly :( I have tried to do it again but like u got really fed up and bored with it x I then joined WW on the 9th of jan and stuck it out for 4 weeks loosing all of 1lb I found it really restricting and I was always hungry it just didn't fit right with me so I admitted defeat and went back to SW ad honestly I'm loving it went back to basics look at food I used to eat and I think I got stick in a rut eating he same things I'm now cooking more and eating a variety of things and I have lost another 7lb so far x

I think do what ever works best for you and I agree I much prefer SW meetings too x

I agree with what people have said so far. Feeling hungry is never pleasant and although some people can deal with it and work through it like Jaylou...others can't. I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to do that and one of the reasons I've stuck with SW is that I've never felt hungry.

Yes I've had to rethink all my meals and I'm having to take a bit more time to plan ahead and I'm even cooking more now but it's all good. More to the point, I'm seeing results as the weight is coming off.

For me all that effort (although it's not much) is sooooo worth it when I step off those scales knowing I've eaten what I've wanted to and felt satisfied not feeling hungry and miserable.

It's your shout. Good luck with whichever plan you choose. There is support on here for either SW or WW. Go with what you feel comfortable with hun. :)

How many points are you on - are you using yoru weekly points? with pretty much all fruit and veg being free on WW i dont know why you feel hungry?
Make some 0pp soup and have a bagel with it (my lunch today!) and have some carrot sticks, pepper sticks, or fruit fingers for snacks.
Make sure you are drinking enough fluids as well.
It is hard swapping plans, but both work very well if you make the most out of them! xxx

Thank u all for your comments! I love this site because u all motivate me :D i do agree that both the plans do work well and in one way i like the variety of ww but then again i really miss my portions on sw now i must say my portions are not massive on sw but they r bigger than what they wud be on ww and i don’t have to worry about havin to much.. i def do think im a sw girl through and through i just get quite bored of eating same foods but all i need to do is download some recipes and keep remindin myself why im doin it, think i may need to go back to basics and re read all my books again, also with ww i do find myself eating quite alot of junk, but then again thats my own doing, i technically have only missed one class of sw so haven’t actually “left” but iv wasted £15 on ww but no1 to blame but me!

Jaylou u are doing fab, i no myself that i just keep making excuses! I do have to say i do prefer sw classes over ww too, i just take things into my head without thinkin! I am on 31pp and even though im probably eatin enuf im still hungry!

Elle, im on 31 pp but i tend to find myself eating rubbish, im my own worst enemy, i don’t even have a genuine reason for switchin to ww except for i was bored wit sw but again my fault and iv no reason to be bored as i have hardly even lost any weight and only been back on plan a short time! Elle u are looking fab by the way, where u bored wit sw or why did u change?xx

The Filling and Healthy plan on WW is very similar to SW- have you tried that?

Hi no i haven’t tried it but looked at it and think that i would end up eating to many bread products as these r free :/ and they do tend to bloat me :(

If you have a look at the recipes on here you'll find all sorts of yummy things...quiche, SW KFC, SW doner kebabs, soups and stews, Chinese takeaway equivalents...the whole lot! You would never get bored believe me. Try this for variety.... soups, lunches, dinners etc. all really easy to do. I know as I've tried some of them... :drool: and I'm no Delia Smith trust me! :rolleyes:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book.html

Have you joined any of the mini challenges on here? There are a few, Valentines Day, Easter, Summer. All these will help you keep motivated and you're not looking to get a quick fix. You set yourself achievable goals and feedback to the thread every week. Lots of people are on them, some lose and some gain...whatever...it's all good fun. Have a look, see what you think. ;)

:cry:Guys

Iv came on to confess because i think iv made a big mistake (as per usual) i was getting fed up with sw, reason being as usual i was making excuses like i don’t have time blah blah blah so i took it into my head on Monday night to join ww thinkin it would be easier time wise etc etc.. well day 5 and iv starving :( and im already sick of thinkin to much about what im eating and if im eating to much, i think iv made the wrong decision and i should have stuck with sw, can someone please help me, why cant i stay focused on one diet i always think one is better than the other! All im doin is wastin my own money! And thing is i lovvveee my sw class and really missed it on wed :( so questions is do i just go back to sw on wed and maybe try and finish doin ww until then and then back to sw thurs morning or what do u think?im my own worst enemy!
:cry:

You've said it yourself. The mistake you've made is thinking that changing diets is going to solve your problem. You mentioend that you made lots of excuses why SW didn't work for you, and now you are on WW coming up with a different set of reasons. In reality you could, if you really wanted to, make WW work for you. You could bulk out meals with the free veg like Jaylou mentioned, you could stick with it and your body would get used to less bulk in a relatively short space of time.

The fact is that until you can really committ to loosing weight, it doesn't matter what plan you do.

Aside from that, it seems like your SW group is one you like - go back to SW if you enjoy the group & enjoy the plan - BUT commit to it - recognise it takes work and don't think its an easy fix.

Hope you get your head straight on it all x

go back to SW if thats wat u feel is best for u, if it was easier and better then def chick! good luck xoxoxo

Thats brilliant thank u so much, ur right i shud never get bored with all the recipes and its not as if they r all hard to make! I just always have an excuse! Can anyone tell me how they keep so focused? And don’t have all these blips like me!

go back to SW if thats wat u feel is best for u, if it was easier and better then def chick! good luck xoxoxo

thank u chic think thats what il do xxxxx

You've said it yourself. The mistake you've made is thinking that changing diets is going to solve your problem. You mentioend that you made lots of excuses why SW didn't work for you, and now you are on WW coming up with a different set of reasons. In reality you could, if you really wanted to, make WW work for you. You could bulk out meals with the free veg like Jaylou mentioned, you could stick with it and your body would get used to less bulk in a relatively short space of time.

The fact is that until you can really committ to loosing weight, it doesn't matter what plan you do.

Aside from that, it seems like your SW group is one you like - go back to SW if you enjoy the group & enjoy the plan - BUT commit to it - recognise it takes work and don't think its an easy fix.

Hope you get your head straight on it all x

U have hit the nail on the head and ur so so right! I keep making excuses and wastin my own money at the same time! I really do love my sw group and my teacher and think a good talk with her might help to! And ur right it defo takes work and commitment and only I can do that.. thank u so much xxx

Elle, im on 31 pp but i tend to find myself eating rubbish, im my own worst enemy, i don’t even have a genuine reason for switchin to ww except for i was bored wit sw but again my fault and iv no reason to be bored as i have hardly even lost any weight and only been back on plan a short time! Elle u are looking fab by the way, where u bored wit sw or why did u change?xx

I am on the same points value - so perhaps look at my food diary for some ideas? I was in a little rut with SW where my weight had gone ON since the wedding and Christmas, and i couldnt lose anymore. So i thought i would switch to WW, and had a nice loss last night in my first week - so perhaps the change has jolted my body into action? who knows! Its nice to have such a wide choice of products too, because everything is pointed i dont feel as limited as i was on SW - which i know you can syn things, but i kept going over my syns and it got me down.

Both plans are great though - so good luck with whichever one you choose to stick to!

x

Thank u elle I will have a look at diary :) think I will have a good thing 2night when I get home and decide what I am going to do but like what has been said before I need to commit myself to losing weight and stop blaming the plans xxx

We all have blips hun....every single one of us. We wouldn't be human if we didn't so don't feel like you're the only one.

Talk to your Consultant. She should have given you her number so you can call her when you're struggling. That said there's always someone on here who you can call on for help.

kingleds is right that it does need commitment and some work has to go into it too. Don't lose sight of the reason you started your weight loss journey. If necessary type it up in capital letters and stick it on your fridge door. :D

The 3 C's of life...Choice, Chance, Change.

You must make the Choice to take the Chance if you want anything to Change!

Good luck hun...;)

Back