Thinking about starting

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
Am currently low carbing, and it suits me quite well but my weight has stalled and although my shape is improving through exercise I'm wondering if a month on a VLCD this summer would see a real boost to my weight loss. I've been thinking about exante as it seems one of the cheapest and there are a lot of people doing well on it, but for some reason I think I wouldn't be able to do it- am interested in hearing from people who are doing it and have surprised themselves in how they've managed to stick to it :)

If you are already low carving and used to it then it shouldn't e too difficult. I did a couple of weeks on exante and lost 10lb but it was really difficult for me I just couldn't cope with no food, I got ill too (unrelated to diet) and had to give in to food then found it impossible to start again I was weak and hungry all the time. Then I did some snooping around on this forum and found sucess at slim and save. Been on slim and save for just over a week and I don't even feel like I'm on a diet, I'm not hungry because you are allowed 4 packs a day plus allowed veg and the packs are really tasty and the bars divine! It's all about your personal preference and I really prefer being allowed the veg so I can have a "real" meal in the evenings and psychologically I think this makes me fuller also! I have lost 11lb in my first week on this one which brings my total loss to 21lb on vlcd in about a month (with break for illness) so if you are looking for quick results then a vlcd does work you just have to choose which is best for you! You can try a starter pack from slim and save for £28 for a week with 4 packs a day so it's not too expensive either. Good luck with whatever you choose and let us know what you decide! This forum has been a lifesaver for me! Xx

Sorry got the price wrong- check out the website I think it's about £38 a week.

Sorry got the price wrong- check out the website I think it's about £38 a week.

I think it is £28 for the sample pack, a bit more (I think) afterwards. I also started on exante then switched over from exante to slim and save and am much happier there. As Cherrypie said the 4 meals are much easier to stick to and some of the bars are just delightful :)

Good luck on whatever you decide. The VLCD diets work, but you have to be in the right headspace to stick to them. I'd choose the one that suits your lifestyle. I prefer the exante shakes but others don't. Trust your gut feeling :)

Thanks for your responses guys- I think you're right about headspace. To stick to a VLCD I guess you have to want to lose weight almost more than anything as the sacrifices are so great- and I want it at times more than anything, but then there are other times when I think 'hey, I'm ok as I am I suppose'. I don't recognise in myself the steely determination that i see in lots of the successful VLCD dieters who post on here. For example- I had a slim fast shake for breakfast and was so hungry by lunch I abandoned the slim fast plan. That's fine as the shake order was given to me free - but between 30 and 70 pounds a week is a lot of money and I worry I might waste it through lack of willpower.

Anyway, lots to think about- best of luck with your journeys xx

I find I get hungry quickly if I have a shake for breakfast but they're fine for lunch :) both Exante and Slim and Save have porridge which I find filling...

But until you get into ketosis you're going to be hungry so just hang in there. I started this on a long weekend when I knew I would be sleeping in half the day so my awake time was less for the first two days of ketosis :) it helped me a lot! :)

Back