Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Thinking about trying Red or Green

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Twinkletoes2008, 9 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Twinkletoes2008

Twinkletoes2008 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have only ever done EE but after reading some comments on here and needing a pre holiday boost, I am thinking about trying Red or Green. Any advice gratefully received. I am worried that I will get it wrong and put weight on!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xxtannyxx

xxtannyxx i will be slim

Start Weight:
    33st1lb
    Current Weight:
    30st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(9.07%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi hun,

i dont think you will put weight on!!

Try red days i lose more when i do red and if you want to give yourself a boost eat loads of speed food i did this last week and ate loads of strawberrys and lost 4lb and i went over my syns on sat nite with me wine ..

4. Twinkletoes2008

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't get it - I just tried changing todays diary to green and it seems I can have everything I've had today plus extra A and B - so more food than usual...how will this help me lose weight!? So instead of chicken salad for tea I could have cheese on toast!
    I don't think Red is for me as I don't eat much meat.

5. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I dont eat much meat either really but today is my first proper Red day after trying EE all week and gaining 1lb. So far i am finding it good!!!

6. xxtannyxx

xxtannyxx i will be slim

Start Weight:
    33st1lb
    Current Weight:
    30st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(9.07%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    with the EE plan you can have all food which is free on a red and green day 2gether but just one Hex(a) and one HeX(b)

but if you just do red and green its 2 of each HeX

if you dont really eat meat why are you doing the EE plan?

Id just stick to green then.

7. Twinkletoes2008

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When I joined I was really only told about EE so that's what I did and it seems to be working! I just thought I might try Red or Green for a change. A lot of people seem to be a bit anti EE - apparently some group leaders won't do it at all.

8. stardiva

stardiva New Member

Start Weight:
    20st2lb
    Current Weight:
    18st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(7.09%)
    Diet:
    Slimming Woeld
    Hie, I was told alot about EE when I joined in May.. I would like to try Red/Green one day but to be honest still a bit scared by it in case i go completely wrong and put on :-/ My leader only went thru EE to be honest and I have done well on it but I do want to try Red/Green... maybe this week I will =/ fingers crossed x (btw im new so hie everyone -waves-)

9. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    *waves* hi!

I think try whateva you want, you have nothing to lose.

10. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    *waves* hi!

I think try whateva you want, you have nothing to lose.

11. tarka

tarka Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't quite decided if I could manage a full red day, I'm not that keen on the idea of a plate of meat if I'm honest (lol). I've started doing green days and am quite getting into quorn actually. Plus you get to have cheese & a fibre+ bar as healthy extras - result!!
    I think I'll have a proper look into red day recipes and might try one some day soon.

12. youcanhumpmyleg

youcanhumpmyleg Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(1.75%)
    Diet:
    SW
    i do a red day then a green day and swap between them, as i like my meat and pasta, dont really wanna try the ee plan till ive seen how much weight i loose on the green / red days

13. libbywhite

libbywhite gonna do it

I couldn't do EE I find red and green days easier and if i'm undecided i'll eat from the 'free on both days' page until i can + all my favourite foods are free on both :)

14. gemma_

gemma_ Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(16.5%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    i always do EE and last week wanted get a boost for holiday and stuck with green did 100% and used 10-15syns per day and lost 4lb!

i ate loads!!! i have a 'my green day' diary in diary section if you want take a look at my week to help you?

i used my extra hex for weighed chicken so still could have small amount if wanted! i ate absolutely masses of potatos . made sw chips etc you can have quorn saugeetc so you really dont feel your losing out.

tbh i enjoyed it that much im only going to do EE once in a while now and stick with green!
    good luck :)

15. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.