Step 1 Sole Source Thinking of changing to slim fast HELP??

Nath93

If I changed from cambridge to say slim fast of something like celebrity slim would it do the same thing it's just 42 pw is quite expensive

It won't do the same thing, no. Slimfast isn't formulated to be a complete meal replacement product. The idea with Slimfast is that you replace 2 out of your 3 meals with shakes and then have a 'sensible' meal for dinner. Haven't done Celebrity Slim but I have a feeling it's similar.

How come Cambridge is only costing you £42 a week? As a guy, you should be on 4 packs a day - no wonder you're struggling with hunger.

Slim Fast isn't the same as Cambridge, in that you only supplement two meals and then have sensible food choices. If you weigh up the price of healthy food you probrably won't be that much better off. I am not sure about Celebrity Slim.

I have done both Slim Fast and Cambridge and much preferred and was more successful at Cambridge (though I must admit, I would kill for a Slim Fast Cafe Latte - they are gorgeous). SF is like a normal diet, you still have to make sensible choices for your meal and snacks, whereas CD takes all of the choices off you, I guess it boils down to what type of diet you prefer.

I'm only having 3 food packs is that wrong? I really want to do this but think hunger is going to beat me on this

Hey Nath93 my sister is on celebrity slim and she loves it, you have 2/3 products with a low cal meal and she's dropped 18lbs in her first month as like you she found Cambridge too expensive, she loves the products as well! I've tried slim b save when my CDC was away and loved the meals but everything else! Not sure how many products you should be on as some people have said cause I'm 5'11 I should be on 4 packs but I've being on 3 packs all but my first week whilst I got into ketosis! Ask your CDC. If you're unsure as they'll tell you! Good luck in whatever you decide!

From an aesthetic point of view no they come in horrible in labelled space style packaging which put me off! I'd say try celebrity slim (sounds naff I know!) but at least you can nip into boots and buy the stuff when you're out and about, plus they're designed like Cambridge to be nutritionally complete and you get the bonus of boots point too which is an extra bonus :D

Just reading through a couple of your comments...I know I'm a novice...on day 2 of Slim and Save and it's ok. And they do a caffe latte shake, had it for breakfast this morning and it was yum! X

Oh so I'm only aloud 3 a day as I'm only 5'6 ahh :(

Awww bless you! Just hang on in there once you get into the swing of the diet and ketosis you'll be fine... Well better than you are now! :D how long have you being on it now?

Been on it from Tuesday was doing so well then had a Chinese last night I felt so bad really got to me that I done it so annoyed at myself but just went straight back onto cambridge this morning so hopefully haven't messed it all up

Just reading through a couple of your comments...I know I'm a novice...on day 2 of Slim and Save and it's ok. And they do a caffe latte shake, had it for breakfast this morning and it was yum! X

I do remember their vanilla crisp which was amazing, but I was gobsmacked that there meals were mixed to form actual proper purée meal styles! Their cottage pie was like rating real mashed potato!!!!

Hmmm you might have taken yourself out of ketosis with the sugar/ carb content in Chinese takeaways (gah so not what you wanted to hear but cruel to be kind and all!) which might explain why you're feeling extra hungry/ fed up if you do get desperate on those dark nights have a meaty takeaway I've being known to dabble in one of two kebabs on this journey as in the dirty doner minus the naan and still managed to lose weight, just think Atkins style and it won't knock you out of ketosis

Last edited:

On slim n save their meals come in a pack (like a shake) but then you add water, put in the microwave and it mixes into a mousse like consistency so it's almost like a solid meal... They had a cottage pie flavour and it tasted like a real cottage pie!

I guess from the expense side it makes sense if that's what's concerning you but I know I need someone to have a go at me at a weigh in otherwise I can cheat and won't feel so bad as there's no facing a judge at a weigh in ;)

Um, Slim and Save is not the same as Slim Fast. Thought p'raps I'd better make that clear. Slim and Save is another VLCD, SlimFast isn't.

Back