• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

thinking of giving up now

Breakfast:
150g cod
50g cheese
2 tbsp mayo
20g onion
6 slice courgette

Lunch
150g beef mince
50g lettuce
40g mushrooms

Dinner
2 eggs
30g cheese
50g lettuce
40g mushrooms

Snack: half sero bar

total carbs: 19.6g total cals: 1458
according to fat secret

StephenP

Mines a V&T Please
S: 14st8lb C: 13st0lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 1st8lb(10.78%)
i would try cutting out one thing see whats stalling/putting on the weight looks like the cheese to me, scratchings are a no no for me.Water intake? must drink 2ltr min

I havent been exercising because I havent been well, gonna cut out scratchings

trouble is without cheese my calorie intake will be very low because I have trouble eating large amounts of meat

I drink about 3ltrs of water per day too

StephenP

Mines a V&T Please
S: 14st8lb C: 13st0lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 26.1 Loss: 1st8lb(10.78%)
try the main aktins site for ideas i used it when on induction salt are you having enough.

I feel like I'm having lots of salt! but then I was never one for salty food before atkins. I have read the book over and over again :(

thanks for your help though :)

TRISTAR

Silver Member
S: 21st12lb C: 12st12lb G: 9st5lb BMI: 30.9 Loss: 9st0lb(41.18%)
definately a few more greens, you might find the good ol' pipes need flushing hun. Don't give up xx

I am starting to debate exante now, feeling really disheartened with this, everytime i get on the scales I gain and I am working HARD. Food is starting to take over every thought and that is not healthy.

But, at least I know I can maintain on atkins so thats a thought

I agree that cheese might well be the problem. I am vegetarian but cannot eat as much cheese as I would like to, because even a little too much stalls me.

I also agree that you need tons more leafy green veg and other low carb veggies. They are vitally important when doing Atkins.

I replied to you on the Exante thread, too. Watch out that the sudden leap to 60g carbs a day doesn't make you gain and turn up your appetite. It did with me!

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
I'd cut out the cheese and substitute scallions for onions Racheal

the advice offered is allready wha ti would say and dont judge a weeks water gaina s thats all it will be on a week you are ill as it plays havoc with the body hope you feel better soon x

Well today is official WI day and I have gained 5lbs this week.

Marvellous

I officially give up, out of my 5 weeks on atkins I have gained or stayed the same for 5 of them.

Until I get paid in 2 weeks I will be using the rest of my protein shakes to substitute 2 meals and have a low carb dinner. I can't risk keep gaining like this otherwise I will be back to where I started.

Thanks for all the advice, I hope I'll still be allowed back here :) xx

S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
You'll always be allowed to post here Racheal love. I'm sorry it didn't work for you.

thanks Jim, I really wanted this to work for me :(

rach sorry to hear its not worked for you this time i am only new to the forums but of course keep posting x and good luck with your next diet x