Thinking of going onto Conso? What do you think?

glammam

OK, I have lost quite a bit of weight on Dukan but would still like to lose a further 7 lbs to reach my true weight. I have been really struggling and cheating a bit lately. also, been a bit stressed lately and going on holiday in a week. Do you think it would be best to do conso and then resume the diet after the hol? a family member has passed away recently too and it has made me want to focus more on healthy eating and excersising a lot more rather than PP days and loads of artificial sweetners and diet coke. I know that I am eating much more healthy on Dukan than before, but feel like I want to include a lot more veg into my diet. Even if it is just for a bit and then going back on the diet. Also, missing a little treat on the weekend. Hmmm. Its getting hard now. Any opinions welcome ;)

Thanks xxx

74 views but no one has replied!! All I can offer is, think about why you started the diet in the first place. Have those reasons changed? if not give yourself a kick up the backside and continue the diet, no cheating, just do it. Be the slim healthy person that so many aspire to be. If your goals have changed then dont do the diet anymore. Dieting is like giving up smoking, there is never a good time. Ultimately it is up to you what you do, you live with yourself. If this seems harsh, well maybe it should, but I do apologise to anyone offended. Enjoy your holiday whatever you do!!

I wasn't going to comment because I think you probably need feedback from people who have gone through conso. However, what I would say is, have you really given yourself enough variety to make cruise work? I hear you mention sweeteners and diet coke but they're both things I gave up earlier into my cruise phase (actually never really did the sweetener thing) having found better options - I did a load of research and found a rhythm that works for me.

If you can say, hand on heart, you have then maybe conso would work. I know others here have mentioned that they continued to lose in the early part of conso, so 7lbs is very do-able!

The only other thing to take into consideration is are you starting to justify your mistakes? Show me 1 person who has stuck to this 100% and I'll show you a liar, but if your mistakes are becoming more frequent then you have to stop and take stock of why.

Unfortunately only you know you and it's only you who can make the decision but just be honest with yourself and go from there.

Good luck!

Hiya I can see why you haven't got many replies as its a tough one and only you would be able to decide the best way to go forward. Good luck with your decision.

I'd suggest (from how I felt after my holiday when I planned to be off plan) that it's worth getting back into the saddle! I had 6lb to lose and have lost 3 this month ( and a sneak weigh in suggests it may be 5 by tomorrow!). I found being extra strict helped- I cut all tolerates and the things I was relying on (like venison burgers/sausages) for a week, limited dairy, used pv to savour what I enjoyed and it kick started again. Some lose on conso, would you be happy if you're someone who doesn't? These three lb have been massive in my shape change (IMO) and I'm happier now with how I look.

That's a bit of a long winded way of saying I'd do two weeks strict cruise and reevaluate then :) good luck- you can do it!

X

Thanks for the replies. I am sticking to cruise now until my hol. I'm going to stick to it as much as I can on hol without ruining my holiday. Then strict goal of reaching my true weight by October. Phew. Its hard sometimes tho innit! Thanks for the advice xx

I am on conso but I have not reached my TW yet.
I was really suffering from the lack of fruits ( for more than a year )
I lost 100 lbs, my BMI is on the "normal" range..and I'm looking for info on CRON.
I'm very grateful to Dr Dukan for this diet and I have learned a lot.
I will still keep a Pure Protein day, and I'm not giving up the oat bran...

Only wanted to add that the last 7 lbs I lost seemed to take an age and I really struggled with cruise during that time - sooooo many times I just wanted to take Dr Dukan's original TW he set me which was over a stone lighter than I am now but I am glad I stuck with it........ I also tried to tell myself that getting to conso was not going to change things - I would still be on a very strict eating regime...... Getting to conso was amazing but much harder than I thought it would be.... Still finding my way - find myself justifying my cheats which scares me...... Put on two pounds this week which has given me the kick up the butt I needed..... Good luck with whatever you decide..... Holidays are to be enjoyed - if you go with the mindset that you will enjoy yourself but not go OTT then I think you have much more of a chance of damage limitation....

Back