Step 1 Sole Source Thinking of jacking it in

Spookess

I'm really mad at myself that I'm only at the end of day 5 and I've really had enough :-(

I've done 2 SS+ days so far which I didn't want to do. I've just had 2 dry fried eggs to try and stop myself being sick I'm that hungry.

I feel like a failure especially as I am noticing a difference but I just don't think this is the diet for me. I'm doing everything I'm supposed to with water etc.

Any advice??

Karen

The only advice I would give is more water, maybe get an early night or have a nice bath to distract you. This diet is so worth it. I started 23 weeks ago at 20st 2lb and today weighed in at 14st 9lb. I would never have stuck to any other diet this long- it is the great losses that keep u motivated. I would at least wait until u have had your first weigh in before giving up as that will spur u on. Don't be disappointed having ss+ as I have done 810 the whole way through so having small amounts of food can't affect the losses too much x

morgie12 said:
The only advice I would give is more water, maybe get an early night or have a nice bath to distract you. This diet is so worth it. I started 23 weeks ago at 20st 2lb and today weighed in at 14st 9lb. I would never have stuck to any other diet this long- it is the great losses that keep u motivated. I would at least wait until u have had your first weigh in before giving up as that will spur u on. Don't be disappointed having ss+ as I have done 810 the whole way through so having small amounts of food can't affect the losses too much x

Thanks Morgie. I will weight (get it :-/) until I weigh in on Thursday night but I am struggling to see how I will be able to make this diet stick long term to be honest. If it is a good first week loss I'm not planning to waste it, just use it as a head start for something else that I can manage.

Congratulations on your loss though!! You've done amazing and clearly have more will power than I do.

I was really excited to start the diet even though I knew it would be tough as I thought the packs would make me feel as though I've had something to eat. They don't :-( I actually feel more hungry after I've had them than I did before. That's why I think this diet won't be food for me. Horses for courses :-(

I'm not a quitter normally, don't get me wrong, i think this is a fantastic working diet for the right people but think I would be better finding something a little more manageable.

K
X

Hi there,

It does get easier!

The first two weeks for me was the killer but then I got used to it and I enjoyed feeling healthier.

It is very difficult to get started on this diet, I remember feeling so ill I nearly quit too. I'm 11.2 st and started around 13.9 and i feel tons better...more energy, not as tired and more willing to push myself with things in life.

I've fell off the wagon because, well, I fooled myself into believing I didn't need this diet I can do it myself and just eat healthily. Oh how wrong I was. You are supposed to very gently introduce food back into your diet...oh no not me...full on into to eating, although I must admit I couldn't each much cause my stomach had shrunk so much. I'm trying desperately to get back on track, but I keep saying tomorrow ill start afresh and then when tomorrow comes I say just one more day and so. Well tomorrow is a new day and I'm promising myself to be 10 stone come Christmas Day so I have no choice but to start tomorrow and having already lost 2 stone I know I can lose this last stone.

I think what I'm trying to say is.....its not going to be easy but good things in life are never easy to achieve if they were it would be pointless trying to achieve them because you wouldn't get that same satisfaction or feeling of how chuffed and proud you are of yourself. Something that will spur you on is in a couple of weeks your clothes will feel comfortable to wear again, you'll have more energy and zest for life but the thing that kicked my a**e into gear was when I got my very first compliment...I felt on cloud 9 for the rest of the day.

Drink drink drink plenty of water and remember it does get easier.

I guess it's just that I've only really done slimming world and it seems weird that you aren't even allowed fruit on this diet.....FRUIT! The thing you are told to eat to be healthy.
Another thing is that on slimming world I used to have my WI night off and have a takeaway or something, not a binge, just one thing nice. That way I didn't crave it the rest of the time. If I do that on this diet though it will mean I have to get back into ketosis all over again so naturally I am craving EVERYTHING! Even fruit! ;-)

#stuckwithadilemma

Hi this diet works and u see results but the price u pay is not being able to eat but have the pks this is an extreme diet abd if u stick to it u see results i tjink u really have to be strong and be in the right mindframe to do this diet otherwise ul fail

Yeah you do crave things initially, it's like detox. But it does get easier. The cravings ease if not disappear and you do get used to it, so much so you wonder why you ate like you did for so many years.

Hi spooks I feel ur pain I'm day 6 I have my weigh in today its early I know!

All i can say is that this takes the will power of steel but keep your goal in mind like a peice of clothing u want to get into soon and remind urself why ur doing it!

Water! I can't say I drink ltrs of it but I defo get thru my 2-3 ltrs of it each say and that has helped me keep hunger at bay!

Get to know ur routine! Im never hungry first thing so I take my shakes to work and have it about 10ish then another at 2 and then a black coffee 4ish glug more water in then I make my final shake at 7 - choc with hot water and kid myself its a hot choc by 9ish im in bed! Sad I know!

Hang in there chick! :)

Yeah dont give in im only on day 3 but i tried it before, stuck it out for a week and i also tried to fool myself into thinking other diets would be better ...... well they work but no way near as quick at the cambridge diet- Just stick with it i drink just over 4liters a day whenever i want food i drink and drink and drink and you soon dont want it. Plus cravings last around 20 mins so get doing something to distract you xxxxx

Thanks for all your comments. I will try and stick it out a bit longer. Today I'm spending the day with my toddler Niece so will be plenty distracted and probably in bed for 9! Then weigh in tomorrow.
Overslept a bit this morning but don't feel hungry yet (haven't had any of the packs yet) so hopefully yesterday was just a REALLY bad day :-/

Xx

Good girl spooks!! keep on going we will all spur you on!! :) i find its better to wait till you actually are hungry to have a pack that way you're listening to your body! and just drink loads in between!! i start my day with peppermint tea no kidding i make it a protein shake maker so i drink 700mls of that while i sort out lunches and breaky for my boys then water at work, if you really are hungry then craving wont subside after 20 mins in which case have a shake!! my entire social life is on hold till while i am SS!!

i know thats a really hard thing to do with friends and family constantly criticising you etc (believe me mine are the worst) but remember you are doing this for you! not them!

Hi guys its good to hear such support and people doing so well!:) I had my first weigh in today, -5lb, really pleased as I'd cheated a bit! Starting ss properly today as feel motivated after that wee boost so fingers crossed 2 1/2 stone to go! :D xx

So glad you have stuck with it with everyone's encouragement and fingers crossed for your WI today. Let us know how you did and I'm sure this will motivate your for week 2.

Heidi

So I made a decision last night. I'm going to stick with cambridge but seeing as I am struggling so much on SS and SS+ I have decided to go up to step 3 which is the 1000cal one.

Think this will be more easy to stick to long term as you eat food as well as having the products. And the choice of food is a lot more extensive.

It says that on this step you lose at a more predictable rate so here's hoping it will be 3lb a week! ;-/ it's still a lot let calories than I was having so I should lose quite quickly still, just not as quick as SS. But I think I'm ok with that! :)

K
X

Hi Spookess

Glad you have made a decision, I have been the same to the point where I have been arguing with myself and changing my mind every other day!! I ahve decided to ss+ for one month then regardless of my weight then move up the steps! Good luck, let me know how you get on xx

well done spooks!! thats the name of the game!! find a way that makes it work for you!! you shouldnt have to feal enslaved to the plan, the plan should be in your control!! i think you have made the right decision!!

good on you girl!!

Thanks for that you two. I think this will be the best option for me, at least for now. Might be able to drop a step in a few weeks time.

I'm guessing the weight loss will be slower but I reckon I could still lose a stone in 6 weeks or so which isn't bad.

Karen
X

Spookess I'm so pleased you haven't given up! It is tough...for me the results spur me on to continue. The whole point is that you can adapt it to fit with your lifestyle. My OH is at target now and has moved to step 3 to begin maintenance and he is really struggling as he liked the control he had with the shakes. But its a learning curve and this is what its all about. After 8 weeks on SS, his mindset has definitely changed and his taste buds have changed as well! He is even drinking coffee without sugar whereas before he used to have about 7!

Just echoing everyone else's thoughts. Well done for not quitting
I knew I would break doing ss, I work shifts and I'm reasonably active. My CDC started me on 810 which is fine. Still hard but I really look forward to my meal.
Plus, I've just had my 3 week weigh in and I've hit the stone mark. So the losses are still good.
Keep us all informed, going on here really helped me on days when I was about to crack
Nothing like support and knowing people are feeling the same to spur you on

Back