Thinking of joining, needing some info

nicnocks

Hi, i have just checked my bmi and it is 42.2, i am thinking of joining lighter life, but don't know very much about it. For instance how much does it cost every week to go to group and for food packs etc. And what does it involve? Any advice would be greatly appreciated , thanks x

My BMI was nearly 44 when I started so similar to yours. LL costs £72 per week - which is a lot of money. But it does cover all of your food costs. I know if I add up all of the food shopping, takeaways, restaurant meals and alcohol I would have had in the week it wouldn't be much different...

For your money you get 4 foodpacks a day and that it all that you eat. In addition you can drink water, black coffee, black tea and herbal teas made from the leaf but not the flower. There are also some water flavouring which LL can sell you as an extra. In addition you get group therapy. That looks at why you put on the weight and what you can do to keep it off in the long term. That's the best bit about LL in my opinion. You have a weekly meeting where you weigh in, get your packs and have your therapy.

If it is too expensive or the though of therapy is just too much (!) then you might want to consider Cambridge, which is similar but without therapy and is around £55 I think. Alternatively if you don't want to see anyone and are disciplined enough to do it on your own you coukd do Slim and Save which is about £120 for a month. They all work in a very similar way.

Back