Thinking of joining SW??

Hi I'm thinking of joining tomorrow. Do you recommend SW? Any success stories or inspiration!
I've done everything else and just end up heavier after each failed attempt! I started dieting at 10 stone 7 pounds thinking I needed to lose weight and here I am 12 years later and I've dieted myself to 14 stone :(
HELP.......

I think for their own reasons most people in this section will recommend it for different reasons. For me it is the simplicity, the flexibility and the fact I dont feel like I am depriving myself of anything. The other reason for me is it encourages me to be healthy in the long term.

Tried WW and SL and both didnt work for me for different reasons but I think you need to work out what was it that didnt work for you over the last 12 years and are you really willing to make the changes your eating habits for the long term ? Once you are clear on that it should help you decide if SW is for you.

Much love and luck
Lisa x

Hi I'm thinking of joining tomorrow. Do you recommend SW? Any success stories or inspiration!
I've done everything else and just end up heavier after each failed attempt! I started dieting at 10 stone 7 pounds thinking I needed to lose weight and here I am 12 years later and I've dieted myself to 14 stone :(
HELP.......

Hi

You should take a look in the Inspirational Photos sub section of this forum - loads of motivating stories in there!

if you are committed to losing weight and stick to the SW principles, then it will work. I had tried a few diets before returning to SW for a second time in December 2011. Since then I have lost over 5.5 stone. I now realise that my head wasn't in the right place when I did other diets or my first attempt st SW - I only stuck with it the second time as I was ready and committed to getting rid of the weight.

good luck with your journey.

As others have said, you must commit yourself to it! I started by modifying all my favourite meals to SW.Write yourself a weekly menu, only buy the food needed for those meals, that way you don't buy "rubbish" . Keep a food diary so that a consultant can see why you are not loosing weight. SW does work if you follow the plan!
PetePete At TVRP (Large) (Small).jpgPete 4.5 Stone loss (Small).jpg

I'd also recommend you take a look at the inspirational photos on here, also take a look at peoples diaries & ask yourself if you could stick long term to eating like that.

If you buy a SW mag there are success stories in there & I find it always helps if you can find somebody a similar height & weight to you.

Why not give it a try, you've nothing to lose, except weight.;)

As others have said, you must commit yourself to it! I started by modifying all my favourite meals to SW.Write yourself a weekly menu, only buy the food needed for those meals, that way you don't buy "rubbish" . Keep a food diary so that a consultant can see why you are not loosing weight. SW does work if you follow the plan!
PeteView attachment 78774View attachment 78775

Sorry to go off topic a bit - but just wanted to say bilsat - your weight loss is amazing. You look like a different person! Congratulations.

Back