Thinking of joining sw

Carlyd85

Hi all

im currently on meal replacements, I've never been so hungry in my life and its bothering me now! Plus the weight loss hasn't been so great because I find it so hard to stick to. So tonight I'm going to a slimming world meeting..... I'm so nervous!

Can anyone tell me what to expect from my first meeting, how much I can expect to be charged and what you get etc.

I'm not an expert - I only joined SW 4 weeks ago but I'll do my best (and I'm sure someone with more info will be along in a minute). Joining fee is £10, however, you can often find money off vouchers in SW magazine or newspapers etc. I had one so I only paid £5 to join. Weekly fee is £4.95 (works out less if you buy a block of 12 weeks in advance) At my first meeting, I got a memebership pack which includes booklets detailing the Extra Easy Plan, The Green and Original Plans, a Body magic booklet and a support/inspiration booklet as well as a sheet of blank food diaries/fitness logs.

For my first meeting, I was 1 of 3 new members, so the Consultant sat us down and took us step by step through the diet and answered any questions we had about SW. Then we weighed in (discreetly!) After that, there was the normal meeting which includes asking each member about their week (it's a small group), a discussion of some kind, Slimmer of the Week and a raffle (healthy food/SW recipe books etc are normally included).

Everyone was really friendly. I was really nervous at first but I feel at home even after a few weeks :) Good luck! I've lost 9.5 lbs alreadyand don't feel hungy at all.

Joining SW was the best thing i have done, wish i done it years ago when i started my weight loss journey. I find it so easy and simple to follow, i am never hungry. i still have the odd craving for chocolate, but thats what syns are for so you dont feel guilty eating it!

good luck with your journey! x

Great advice up there ^^

The only other thing I want to add, and please don't be disheartened by this, is that your first weeks loss may not be fantastic. You are going to be going from meal replacements to eating unlimited amounts of potato, pasta, rice, meat, vegetables, fruit, etc. which are all free on Slimming World. This may come as a shock to your body, and others who have moved over to SW from a VLCD have often found their first weight loss to be poor, or to even have a gain.

What I'm trying to say is don't expect too much on your first week, and if you do have a gain or only a small loss, please don't let it put you off. Your body takes time to adjust to new diets etc. and you just need to stick with it - you will soon see the results, I can promise you that.

I think what Princess Stevie added was really important, for almost 2 years on and off I've been on VLCD and I gained 4lb on my first week on slimming world, I was really disheartened and I gave up, purely because everyone else I knew had huge losses.
I'm now planning to go back onto SW next week.

Good luck tonight and I'm sure your group will make you feel just at home!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Thank you so much for all the advice! Really appreciated :)

I do SW online, and have only just started, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with it! Its such a healthy way of looking at food, and for me its such a refreshing change. I hope you find the same and reach your goal!! :)

I am so glad I went to class tonight! Can't wait to read everything properly and start again! And the bet thing is I won the raffle!! I got a bag of Maris piper potatoes, fry light, paprika and a cooking mesh.. I'll be having sw chips tomorrow night! :)

I am so glad I went to class tonight! Can't wait to read everything properly and start again! And the bet thing is I won the raffle!! I got a bag of Maris piper potatoes, fry light, paprika and a cooking mesh.. I'll be having sw chips tomorrow night! :)

Thats fab to hear hun!, let me know how the SW chips come out, I've been dying to try them!! Let us know how your first week goes :)

Will do :) thanks

BEST DIET EVER ....just look at the stays of members that have been on the plan a while ..... Also you shouldnt be hungry on Sw ive had a frylite fried egg butty yog n fruit for brekkie today

I can't get over the pasta, potato and ice thing, you can eat as much as you like! For me who has done weight watchers, celeb slim and another meal replacement, that's just mad! But day 1 of week 1 here we go!

Just saw this thread. I came straight off a meal replacement diet and went on to SW. I didn't have a gain at all. I have lost every week so far since I joined. The only thing I did do was to introduce the carbohydrates very slowly. Now I am up to speed and eating loads, even pasta, potatoes and rice ...and the SW chips are yummy!

Enjoy your SW journey!
:D
X

I'm rejoining on monday, my start weight (as of 5 mins ago!) is 1lb heavier than yours. It will be interesting to compare stats.

I can't get over the pasta, potato and ice thing, you can eat as much as you like! For me who has done weight watchers, celeb slim and another meal replacement, that's just mad! But day 1 of week 1 here we go!

You should only eat til satisfied and the superfree Is a very important part of the plan its what helps give the calorie defesit

I'm rejoining on monday, my start weight (as of 5 mins ago!) is 1lb heavier than yours. It will be interesting to compare stats.

i'm restarting tomorrow, i lost 2lb then gained that plus 5 more and then have had a virus/tummy bug all week, doctor told me today to stay on fluids(been on fluids since tuesday no food) and tomorrow i can start to introduce food back in, so going to give it another shot!, i'm around the same as you Judi + Carly, be great to keep each other motivated!. Here's to a good weekend and a great first week!!! :D

I think I need to keep an eye on the carbs situation, think I will stick to one portion a day or now and see how I go!

some people find red days work better than green, its personal preference.

Back