Thinking of joining you all

Diversity

Likes to lurk
Hey everyone!
I've been lurking on the Exante forum for a while and reading all your posts; they're very inspirational and I'm seriously considering joining you.
I've never done a VLCD diet before but I've become disillusioned with the diet I'm currently on and would really like to try this. I feel like I'm in the right state of mind to give it my all. :)
And the fact that there are no nasties in the products is pretty appealing!

I'm thinking of ordering two of the variety packs and seeing how it pans out from there. I'm kind of confused about a few things though, and wondering if anyone can help...

On Total Solution, do you have 3 or 4 packs per day? It says on their website "3 or 4" so I was a bit confused as to how many exactly you're supposed to have lol.

Is it true that the shakes taste horrible if they aren't really cold and/or mixed with ice? And how do you mix them "properly"? In some kind of blender/shaker?

And lastly, is it okay to exercise on a VLCD?

I'd really appreciate anyone's advice/help. Thanks in advance! :D

Hey! I'm not actually sure how to work out who has 3 and who has 4 packs a day. I am on 3 packs a day. I got the variety pack for 4 weeks and a week and a half in now.

It's always best to use a hand blender to make the shakes and soups with, otherwise it turns out lumpy. I like my shakes ice cold. I tried vanilla hot with coffee and it was vile but it's trial and error.

As for exercise, Exante recommend 20 mins a day, but less vigorous activities such as walking as you may not have the energy to do anything like running/swimming.

Let us know how you get on

Thanks for all the useful info! :)
I think I'll probably stick to 3 packs a day too. Well, try at least lol.
How are you finding it so far?

I'm finding it ok right now. I went on scales to day and they showed a gain of one pound! I have been drinking a lot of diet coke and coke zero over the last few days so I think that might be the cause. I hope so anyway. I am SOOO disappointed! So let that be lesson #1 to you: "always follow the diet 100% of the time".

The good thing about getting 3 a day is that it is cheaper by around £16/18 a week, which soon mounts up. I find three a day is fine and only just affordable as I get the value pack.

It's a good diet, but you need to stick with it 100% of the time, or it just won't work, as I am finding out to my expense :-(

welcome onboard :) I'm on 3 a day but am thinking i may move up to ws as i have family coming to stay soon and it would be nice to eat an evening meal together. 3 is fine for me, you are hungry at first but it does pass. Drink loads and loads of water and get on here for support :)

Yeah, I think I'd be pretty disappointed too. :( Maybe it's not an actual weight gain, but something else? I know that with these diets you have to commit to them 100% and I will definitely try my hardest.

The variety packs do seem good value so I think I'll order two of them for now. Are Exante good at delivering quickly?

Oh, and just so I'm certain... would it be okay to have say a shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch and a soup for dinner? And mix it up sometimes like a bar for breakfast, shake for lunch, etc. Is that what you do? Excuse my ignorance! :eek:

Its usually next day delivery and yes as long as you have only 1 bar a day you can mix and match shakes/soups

Hi Diversity
Welcome to the club! You might find it easier to split some of your packs and spread it out during the day more, it helps with the hunger especially the first few days but I have found it helps me to stay totally on track as I am never more than 2 or 3 hours away from something to eat.
I normally split my shake between breakfast (which I have anytime between arriving at work and 11am depending on when I have time) and lunch between 12 and 1ish - and my bar I split between about 3pm and 8.30pm so I don't go to bed hungry. My soup I usually have between 6pm and 7pm after I have walked the dog while my other half has her meal (I have just started cooking for her again and not finding it too hard thank goodness).
Suddenly finding a taste for black coffee (with one sweetener) which I am having with the 2nd half of my bar, quite enjoying it which shocks me as I usually like really milky coffee.
I try and drink between 4 and 5 litres of water a day if I can, find it much easier at work as I keep a tally of the number of glasses I have had (sad git I know).
Anyway, good luck, ask as many questions as you like, if I can answer I will!
B xx

Hi Quak, thanks for the welcome! :D
Some really helpful info you gave there so thanks again. I'm not too worried about the water because I drink a lot of it anyway, and I think I'll definitely follow your advice on breaking the packs up.
I didn't think I had a hand blender but luckily I've found one that still works so I'm wondering if I make both the soups and shakes up in it?

Also, how long does it take to get into ketosis?

Questions, questions, questions... :eek:

It took me about 5 days to get into ketosis but it can be anywhere between 3-5. I knew I was there cos I suddenly felt far more energetic :) The house has never been so clean!!

It took me about 5 days to get into ketosis but it can be anywhere between 3-5. I knew I was there cos I suddenly felt far more energetic :) The house has never been so clean!!

Well I'm certainly looking forward to bursting with energy. :D I just put in my order and it's before 1pm so hopefully it'll be here by tomorrow, although I'm not going to start until next Monday as this weekend is a big one.

I never thought I'd feel this excited about not eating. :p

Hi Diversity

I'm only day 4 so new to all this but so far I've been surprised how easy it has been. Not tried all the food packs yet but although the shakes are a bit bland I don't find them unpleasant - I even look forward to them now. I think for me the soup may take a bit of getting used to. I'm also on 3 packs a day along with water and coffee.

Have felt a bit low today but was expecting it but from what every else has experienced in a few days I should be bursting with energy.

Hope it goes well and look forward to seeing how you're doing.

Julie

Hi Diversity

I'm only day 4 so new to all this but so far I've been surprised how easy it has been. Not tried all the food packs yet but although the shakes are a bit bland I don't find them unpleasant - I even look forward to them now. I think for me the soup may take a bit of getting used to. I'm also on 3 packs a day along with water and coffee.

Have felt a bit low today but was expecting it but from what every else has experienced in a few days I should be bursting with energy.

Hope it goes well and look forward to seeing how you're doing.

Julie

Hey Julie, thanks for the info!
I think the soups are probably what I'm going to find hardest to stomach every day because I'm not a soup lover unfortunately. :( Is it okay to chew chewing gum on this diet?

Hopefully my packs should arrive today and I look forward to starting on Monday.
Looking forward to seeing how you're doing too! Good luck. :D

Back