Thinking of joining

lilminx

HELLO there!!
as the thread says im thinking of joining SW. i know i know you have prob had a million of these threads
I done WW few years back and lost 22lbs :D which was great. its been creeping back on and off over the years i followed the atkins diet at the start of this year and yes it was great, so why dont i do them,again i hear you ask?...ww bugged me with all that portion weighing and atkins didnt let me have fruit. so im thinking of turning to SW in the hope that something new will help me stick at it and help improve my fruit and veg intake which will help with my sleepiness as i think my poor diet is contributing to me requiring 12 hours of sleep! lol
i was just a bit confused what are red days and green days? and syns??... i take it ur given a number of these a day to use on naughty things like chocolate...
anyway i just wanted some peoples opinions on sw and ww... have you maybe done both also? and is sw as complicated as it seems?

many thanks xx

Hello lilminx and welcome :)

I think you might find the below info answers most of your questions, and members on here will try to help supply any finer details:
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Keep reading!!

[I've done WW and SW over the years but couldn't hack all that counting on WW. SW seems complicated at first but stick with it and it will become second nature to you]

Welcome :)

I started SW last week really enjoying it so far as I have done WW so many times, it is nice not to weigh or count anything, also feels a bit odd as well though.

SW is easy once you get your head around it, give it a go!!

Sarah :kitty:

Hi there,
I thought it was really confusing at the beginning as well, especially after atkins which pretty much tells you that carbs are the devil and sat fat is fine, pretty much the opposite is true with SW. I advise looking at red days first, which is pretty much Atkins but the meat is lean, and the veg list is huge (and includes fruit!), then move to green days which I find give me more energy than Atkins ever did! Then try the EE. people here are really good at helping out with advice, of you have any specific feel free to ask me and I'll try to answer :) xx

It looks complicated but its not - on EE all lean meat, fish, all fruit all veg all pasta potatoes and rice are free everyday! (there are others but I'll not overload) Then you get 1 bread/cereal choice a day and 1milk/cheese choice a day. If after all that you've still got room syns are for chocolate cakes and sauces etc. None of your free food is measured it's unlimited! And you can eat loads!!!

Oh on extra easy you MUST fill 1/3 of your plate with superfree foods (basically fruit and veg)

thanks for all your replies guys think ill give it a go and join up... its so hard to break the counting points habit

thanks for all your replies guys think ill give it a go and join up... its so hard to break the counting points habit

Tell me about it, I just keep my SW folder handy just to re-assure myself that I am doing it right.... totally ignore the WW way :)

i dont understand how i can eat as much meat and potatoes as i want and still loose weight?

i dont understand how i can eat as much meat and potatoes as i want and still loose weight?

You can have as much as you like until you are full....

For example, I had savoury rice but only ate 3/4 of it as I was full, ate the rest a few hours later, also have lots of superfree food i.e. fruit & veg to fill you up as well.

It will all fall into place after a few days :)

lilminx said:

Im not sure any of us do but eventually you stop caring haha!!

I'm pretty sure the basis of this diet is "Do what the book says, lose weight, stop asking why and just go with the flow". I found the more questions I asked, the more confused I was!
I was the same with the carbs fear as you seem to be, I think its stemmed from the Atkins diet, however I like to think its about low fat, so potatoes arent the bad thing, its the butter and cheese, rice isnt the bad thing, its the sweet and sour sauce, filling up on low fat, slow burning food is much better than getting quick fix energy from high fats. x

Its fab. I did ww for years and got sick of being point obsessed!!! BUT ww teaches you portion control. If i ate truckloads of spuds/pasta etc I wouldnt lose. You just have to be realistic about the amount you eat

Give it a go - its really easy once you get your head around it

I just do EE - dont like the other plans

Trust in the plan it works! I have never found a plan that works as well and I eat so much healthier on it. My points at ww were spent on crap! Eat until full and you will lose, just because it is free doesn't mean you can eat thousands, but you will be surprised how much you can eat x

Back