Thinking of Joining

sadiejp

Ok, so I am thinking of joining a class this week have in the past done both SW and WW and have no idea what so ever what RC is all about, i believe it is calorie counting. Can anyone let me know what to expect and of their successes. I have 3 stone to lose ideally would like to do this by xmas am i being top optimistic.

Thanks in advance

SJP

Hi, I started RC at the end of August. Basically you start with a fast track with 1200 calories a day, all foods under 5% fat, and no alcohol for the first 2 weeks. The second 2 weeks you go up to 1400 calories a day adding an extra treat of 100 cal and over 5% fat, OR a glass of alcohol of 100 cal or less. You also get a pudding/dessert for 100 cal or less. After the 4 weeks you go onto your own personalised calorie allowance. The good thing about RC is if you go to the classes, you get 45 mins of an exercise class included. After 3 weeks I have lost 10.5lbs - I lost that in 6 weeks with SW. On the trials the average lost on RC was 1 stone in the first month. There are lots of success stories on the website too. Good luck!

Hi Hun
I lost most of my weight with SW for my wedding back in 2010.
I really struggled to then get the last few lbs off so decided to join RC earlier this year in May.
Within a month I lost the last few lbs and over the last couple of months I have kept within 2-3lbs of my target so I am really happy.

It is very different to SW, it is more portion controlled and calorie counting, also foods must be less than 5% fat per 100g.
Its quite easy to get into though even after doing SW for so long plus its really nice to be able to pick up a ready made sandwich or a ready meal for those times when you are too busy to cook or prepare anything.

I am also enjoying the different foods I can have which I didnt have on SW.
I have found Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com a godsend in helping me with this diet too. xxxx

Back