thinking of joining!!

Freyj4z

Hey everyone, i am currently thinking about joining weightwatchers i currently doing slimming world and i just dont think it is the right plan for me, if anyone has some tips or anything i would be appreciative :) thank you

hiiii,

not surw what tips you need, but id definately give weight watchers a go. i did slimming world before and it was too free for me (plus other reasons, like the word "syns" i hated, slimming world actually made me poorly) BUT anyway, i think personally slimming world is too harsh on not been allowed stuff, it makes more of a fuss on FREE food and the syns are all bad (thats the way i see it) where as weight watchers, you can have ANYTHING each day as long as you stick to your daily points. its hard at first, but gets easier. i promise. i started at 16st 5lb, im now 10st 4lb. weight watchers is so positive, slimming world seems to be so negative, dont get me wrong sw worked for me, but never again. WEIGHT WATCHERS all the way.

this is my best plan ever, id not change ever. come join us :)

Hi there! Are you loosing on SW? What is it that bothers you?
I just want to say that every plan to loose weight has difficult parts or else we would all be skinny by now. The thing is that we need to change our attitude to food once and for all. I like weight watchers more as well as you are free to count everything, even a small or bigger treat. Be cautious though not to sabotage yourself by deciding that one program is not for you every time, and keep swapping diets! Have a browse in the WW threads to get a feel of what weight watchers is like!
Good luck with choosing!

Hey, ive had a big read through everything and i quite like it, yes im losing and then gaining then losing, and also i am on quite a tight budget and i like to get things like canned fruit cause its easier for me, and on sw it is syned...and its becoming so expensive because its so limiting...i also find because its so blaze about free foods and that i tend to eat loads of free foods and put on weight....also i really dont get support from my consaultant and my friend said she tried ww and loved it so i think its time for a change because slimming world is just not benefitting me at all!!

I've not tried any other diets but I like WW because it's so easy to point everything and nothing is off limits as long as you're sensible and keep track.

Ok then, sounds reasonable to me! I too find WW a bit easier, being able to count everything, and the only thing that is actually free is fruit and veg. This makes it restricting as far as calorie dense foods go, but we need to cut down on the calories so we loose weight. And you get better portion control! I don't have meetings here and I would looove to have that support also. 15 years ago I had the greatest consultant! If you decide to join, I wish you good luck! Be committed and the weight will come off!

I am thinking i may join this week!! Ive gotta be strict with myself :) and ive got to change the way i look at food

Made up my mind i am joining and im going to give it a go today!! See how i get on!!

Go for it! I'm restarting today and weigh 4lbs more than you so we have about the same amount to lose
Ive got one of my friends folders and i am starting today ive got 23 points planned so far for the day and i am going to write everything down, x

YEY! good luck xxx

Thank you!!! Your story actually is what pushed me to join because i felt like so much hype on slimming world and like i couldnt say it wasnt working for me!!! :) i will up date next week on the results of my first weigh in xxxx

Hello!

i'm an ex SW'er. I did ok on it and lost to begin with but I didn't feel like it was teaching me anything. I then got bored of the a& b choices and extra easy was good but it span my head round despite its name!

i have a lot to lose and have been on WW since June 2012 which is now 10 months away and I've lost 19lbs so far as I've had illness in the family so haven't been focused in all them months :( however all is ok now and I'm back on my journey. Over easter I remembered portion control and love pointing what I'm having, WW makes you stop and think 'do I really want to spend 3 points on a biscuit?' You can do that if you want of course but it stops me doing I all the time! On SW I didn't find the meetings as good, WW is a highlight of my week, SW was a pain in the bum.

anyway good luck with starting WW, if you need any advice you're in the right place xx

That is excatly how i felt, i also felt like my consaultant was too busy praising all the people that were doing well and not supporting the rest of us, i was with slimming world since oct last year and ive lost 8lb.....and its been horrible, i feltnlike i wasnt getting any support, and it was basically teaching me to eat loads and feel guilty if i didnt stay to plan, already with weight watchers im guilt free!! I feel awful while doing sw...and it actually made me feel ashamed of myself and to hate food

Good luck in the way you choose...

I am sure WW is a healthy choice - and I used to do SW but I had portion distortion and it did nothing to make me have a healthier relationship with food.

I last tried WW some 15 years back and things have changed... I like the fact that nothing is off limits and you are left to decide your own choices.... fruit and veg (most) are still free so you can bulk up on them.

Whatever plan you choose I wish you well.... choose and then stick to it.

Whatever you have support here

Back