Thinking of lowering my target...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by kevandju5, 5 July 2009 Social URL.

1. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Okay, I need some advice please girls and boys. I got to my target of 9 stone about a month ago and have maintained that weight which I've been really happy with.

Only now I'm starting to think that instead of being size 10/12, I'd really like to be a size 10 - probably for the first time in my adult life!

Am I taking it too far, or is this a sensible decision? I'm guessing I would need to lose around 4 or 5 lbs to be a size 10...

What do you think? Any advice would be very welcome. xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think its completely up to you honey you could try to see if you could lose that 5 lbs and see if its easy to maintiain

4. Littleslimmingbee

Littleslimmingbee Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Hey girlie.

I know what your saying, and i think aslong as you would be happy like that, and feel that you could maintain it, then go for it.. as long as it doesnt mean you'd be un-healthy about it in anyway. Give ur self time to lose the 4-5lbs so that if u decide ur happy as u are u can just continue maintaining instead of shifting the weight fast and then realising u felt better before? if that makes sence? xxxxx

kevandju5 likes this.
  5. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

I agree with the others, it is completely up to you but why not give it a go and see how you get on? You have done really well so far ~ just take it slowly and when you get there see if it is easy to maintain. My target was originally 7stone 10lbs but I upped it to 8stone to give me some scope, if I get to target and feel I would (and can) lose more I will, I think we just know what weight will feel right for us when we get there. xx

6. madhousemum

madhousemum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st12lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i have to ask if you lose the 5lbs will you still be in the heathy weight bracket?

7. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    My question exactly. Remember, if you're tall, a size 10/12 might be where you're at and a 10 could be too much.

8. charlottegrace1

charlottegrace1 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    SW
    As long as it keeps you in the safe weight zone and you don't start to look too boney if you know what I mean, give it ago and see if you can maintain it without making yourself misserable.

9. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Thats what i meant by aslong as she was still healthy.. and some-times being in a 'healthy range' doesnt always mean you look healthy.

My mum is 5'1 and 7 stone, but shes classed as healthy by the doctors, but she looks ill...

again, just do whatever you feel happiest doing, and feel comfortable in your own skin.. you didnt work hard to shift all thsi weight to still be unhappy! X

10. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

I think it would make Julia have a bmi of around 20, my friend is the same height and the same target as Julia is aiming for. Sometimes I do wonder about the bmi rating though as my lowest healthiest weight is 6stone 12lbs ~ when I was ill I was this weight and I was skeletal.

11. Littleslimmingbee

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    SW

my doctor told me id have to be 8 stone 10ish to be concidered a healthy weight..

im already a size 10-12 and 10 stone 3, id look sick if i dropped to 8 stone 10!!

somtimes it isnt anything to go by.. like i said my mums classed as 'healthy' but is clearly not

12. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

I know Fern, guess we just find a weight that we feel and look good at, here's hoping I get there soon lol xx

13. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Start Weight:
    27st9lb
    Current Weight:
    23st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well you're 5' 5" so the lowest healthy weight you could be would be 8st 7lb. I've always said it's how you feel in your own skin. Sounds like its more about wanting to fit into a certain dress size rather than acctually loosing weight for health reasons. You could try doing some light strengh workouts to tone everything up, that could help you loose inches without loosing weight :)

Harrie and Mini like this.
  14. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Diet:
    WW
    Good point Natt! (can't rep you)

15. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello all,

Thanks so much for all your advice. To be honest I really am quite happy at my current weight and being size 10/12. I guess I just still have a bit of a Mummy Tummy that I'd like to shift, and I think it must be nice to be a proper size 10.

I'm not even sure that I could lose another 4 or 5 lbs. Like Fern said I could just aim to do it really slowly and see what happens.

Thanks Squiddie for telling me abut the healthy weight info. Yes, I'm already a healthy weight. This is more about my size. I already do lots of exercise, so that has helped me to tone up.

Thanks Weemo for the BMI info. Obviously it's vital to still be a healthy weight. I have no doubt that being size 10 would be healthy. I would never want to go skinny! It's more a question of can I lose any more weight and can I maintain it??? And I agree, we probably know the right weight for us when we get there.

I think I shall aim to lose just 2 more lbs, see if I can do it, then aim to maintain for a bit and see how I feel. I don't really want to put pressure on myself to try and achieve something unattainable!

Thanks again for all your advice. xx

16. weemo

weemo Trying again!!!

Good idea Julia and good luck, xx

kevandju5 likes this.
  17. Harrie

Harrie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st12lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.8%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Wise choice. You don't want to sweat it to get to goal, only to then lower goal again and again. Try a couple of pounds, see how you feel and then decide. I have no doubt you will make the wisest choice.

x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.