Thinking of moving from Slimming World to WW

becciharland

Hi

I have been on this site for a while and i am fed up with SW, i am thinking of a change. I do watch what i eat but need something to kick start me again. I have done WW in the pass (a long time ago 18 points a day if i remember right) Please can someone help me and tell me what the pro points plan is like?? If its ok i will join on Saturday and give it a go. Thanks in advance :)

Becci

Hiya
I too used to SW but didn't seem to lose weight but since joining WW I've lost every week :) its fab, I find the WW app really helps me keep track of things all day.

It's a million times better than WW, if I can do it anyone can do it. Eat what you like as long as you point it, no restrictions what more could you ask for!!

Go for it, I weigh in on a Saturday then class Saturday night as naughty night only in my head though lol I still point everything

Good luck keep in touch
X

Hi , I've just moved over from SW to WW too. It was my first day today but I struggled to eat all my points. Does anyone think that's an issue? I've got 44 daily points plus the weekly on top. Today I used 34pp and that was having a few bad foods. X

X Kelly X said:
Hi , I've just moved over from SW to WW too. It was my first day today but I struggled to eat all my points. Does anyone think that's an issue? I've got 44 daily points plus the weekly on top. Today I used 34pp and that was having a few bad foods. X

Hi I would try eat at least all your daily's Hun have the naughty foods and enjoy them :)

I'm on 26pp and tend to split my 3 meals per day into 7/8 pp per day and then the extras I have a mini twister for my dessert in evening and a hot chocolate xxx

L1sa said:
Hi I would try eat at least all your daily's Hun have the naughty foods and enjoy them :)

I'm on 26pp and tend to split my 3 meals per day into 7/8 pp per day and then the extras I have a mini twister for my dessert in evening and a hot chocolate xxx

Thank you for your help. I will try and see what happens today. Someone suggested that I use the filling and healthy instead of pp, so I'll do pp for a week see how I do, but I don't no what filling and healthy is. Will do some research on it later I think.

Thanks again for your help x

ohhhh Ive just posted a similar thing today lol, on week 5 of sw and thinkin of swapping, only problem is have paid for a 6 week countdown so am kinda tied in and refuse to lose money lol.
I was thinking of attempting ww but still go to sw weigh in, again the only problem is I wont have the books or the info I need to be able to fdo the diet - why did I flamin pay for 6 weeks arrgggg

I'm using the ww app which is great. I've done all sorts of diets and they all work at the start! Life is pretty busy at the moment and I need to control what I eat without having to deny any food groups - I just need easy and flexible!! Weight loss is a hard slog for me no matter what diet

yeah I am surprised I have lasted this long, never do on diets!!! free foods are great but there are a lot you have to syn and I find that bit hard, maybe counting all day will be a big help. If I want a piece of garlic bread or a bagel lol its in my points rather than eatin up syns that my theory anyways. Im definately considering being a trator and still weighin in at sw as ive paid and doin ww for a few weeks then I can decide which I prefer lol x

I still go to my sw class for the support and to see my friends I've made. Feel bit guilty but hey. I'm only on day 2 of ww so we will see how it goes. I joined online. Have to say the app is fab.

yeah ive been looking to join online but that means paying twice lol dont feel as guilty if youre doing it x

ickleLB said:
yeah ive been looking to join online but that means paying twice lol dont feel as guilty if youre doing it x

Lol yeah I know what you mean. Its £10 a month for online so not too bad. Or yoh could buy a the books off eBay to use instead or maybe attend one class to get the books. Think they're doing an offer at the moment for joining classes: x

I have just moved over as well. I went to group last night. I have lost 3 stone with sw but in the past 6 month I've only list 5lbs. I have about 1-1.5 stone to go and I know it will be hard as I'm so close to target but as long as the number moves down I will be happy.

I have found today ok but this week's menu took a lot longer to plan as I had to check the points of everything. I'm sure I will get used to it tho.

Good luck to everyone else x

Thanks everyone for the advice and help, Im going to make a decision after weigh in on saturday. I will find the ww info from somewhere either online or getr books off ebay and I will keep going to sw weigh till my 6 weeks is paid up, I just wish I had not paid it lol, I wonder if top cash back are still doing the offer to join online?????
Ive always had in the back of my mind I wish had joined ww.

Well I have moved over, still haven't told my sw consultant..... She's been calling me today as well, I feel bad for leaving. I'm looking forward to my 1st group on Saturday, I think I have my head around most things but can't believe I have so many points to eat..... I am a sales rep and work late or away a couple times a week at time so I I've the fact I don't have to think am I on a red or green day etc.... Plus I love the fact that I can have ready meals stacked in the freezer for me and the oh so that if I can't be bothered to cook I can just have a micro meal and steamed micro veg...job done...even the oh can manage this! I popped to tescos yesterday and brought a load of we and healthy living meals and goodies lol

yeahh am with you on the ready meals plus the things like bread or bagels that are pointed so I dont have to work it all out and waste syns lol
Im still undecided xx

I'm in the same boat here. I have lost approaching 7 stone with SW. The consultant is ok, not great but ok. the group has the worst losses in the area and I am just bored with people being so triumphant about gaining and the group has lost focus. In the last few months i've lost and regained the same stone 3 times and feel I need something new and fresh with more portion control.

I'm in the middle of a countdown but I know they do woman of the year in August and I dont want to get that then leave. I feel very bad about telling the consultant but also know I need something else to move my weight now.

I have found a group that weighs on a Monday morning which is great for me as I think it will help me stay on track over the weekend and also stop obsessing about food all day when I do an evening weigh in.

Anyone else switched from SW to WW and how did it go?

I've done Sw for years on and off and I've made the move too!

*******I get 29 pp i calculated and on my first 2 days im starving!!!!

Ive struggled through and I'm on day 3....xxx

Last edited by a moderator:
******I read they've dropped it to 26pp a day now! Errrrr ill starve if I go any lower :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you bulking ur meals out with free foods ?

Yeah well trying to anyway but fed up to my back teeth of fruit and veg....x

Back