Thinking of signing up to ww but have a few 'worries'

Hi everyone,
I am thinking of signing up to ww online and hoped people could offer some advice first.

I am 5ft 5in and 11 stone 7lbs (on my scales at home). I I have steadily put on weight since having my second child 7 years ago and feel if I don't do something then I will be 12 stone before I know it.

I work full time so cannot get to any meetings so I am hoping online is easy to follow and the way to go.

My concerns are as follows;
  • Is the online version easy to follow?
  • Will I always be starving?
  • Are foods quick and easy to prepare for a busy working Mum?
  • Will all the weight pile back on again as soon as I stop following the diet? (I hear about people who have been members and lost weight then put it all back on plus more and having to rejoin..)

I don't have loads of money so want to make sure this is a good choice that will work (with effort on my part of course).

Thank you all for reading.

YG

Hi everyone,
I am thinking of signing up to ww online and hoped people could offer some advice first.

I am 5ft 5in and 11 stone 7lbs (on my scales at home). I I have steadily put on weight since having my second child 7 years ago and feel if I don't do something then I will be 12 stone before I know it.

I work full time so cannot get to any meetings so I am hoping online is easy to follow and the way to go.

My concerns are as follows;
  • Is the online version easy to follow?
  • Will I always be starving?
  • Are foods quick and easy to prepare for a busy working Mum?
  • Will all the weight pile back on again as soon as I stop following the diet? (I hear about people who have been members and lost weight then put it all back on plus more and having to rejoin..)

I don't have loads of money so want to make sure this is a good choice that will work (with effort on my part of course).

Thank you all for reading.

YG

Hello,

Online is very easy to follow. When on the site, you can track your food for the day to ensure you are eating all your points. The only issue i had with online is that if i had a bad day then i just wouldn't put in the bad things i had but not everyone is like me :)

You won't be starving as you will have your daily points and the additional 49 to use over the week. Plus you can eat whatever you want as long as you check portion size and point it all. Food is easy enough to prepare and for days when your really busy you can buy any of their ready meals. Morrisons and Tesco have a lot of their own diet products that actually have WW points marked on them.

The weight shouldn't pile back on as long as you stick to a routine that you develop while doing it. WW is about changing your thinking towards food and unless you binge or dramatically increase your portion sizes once you stop doing it then you should be ok, x

online is easy to follow.
i've never been starving, there is always something you can eat even if you use all your points.
i spend time preparing meals and then freezing them,easy and already pointed up when i want something quick.
i think the whole point of weightwatchers is it's a lifestyle change, therefore you should never stop following the diet. if you don't watch what you eat you will put weight on, i've been at goal since july and i still count my points (i get more points now though) if i didn't i wouldn't still be at goal.

Quidco have a good cash back offer on but only one day left to join £40 cashback when you sign up to weight watchers online.

i think the whole point of weightwatchers is it's a lifestyle change, therefore you should never stop following the diet. if you don't watch what you eat you will put weight on, i've been at goal since july and i still count my points (i get more points now though) if i didn't i wouldn't still be at goal.

Totally agree about WW being a lifestyle change. I hit goal before Christmas but decided to push on past it to give me a buffer. I hit my 4 stone loss this morning and have decided to put the weight loss breaks on. Time to knuckle down maintaining, but I will still be following the plan, just upping my points slightly.

With good planning you wont be hungry, and it need not cost a lot of money. A good tip ref the quidco money back offer, better in your pocket than theirs !!

Thank you for your replies - I have now signed up (but missed the offer as saw the rest of this thread after, doh!!)

I started off brilliantly today and had all my meals planned out but struggled with the 4 o'clock munchies... Tried fruit but it just doesn't fill the gap :-( Hey ho, have tomorrow planned out too and will try and have dinner ready to go as soon as I get back from work so don't minesweep the kitchen cupboards which is my downfall.

Looking forward to searching the ww board for tips and support!

Howie - well done on a fantastic weight loss, you must be feeling so proud of yourself!!

Thanks again,

YG

Totally agree about WW being a lifestyle change. I hit goal before Christmas but decided to push on past it to give me a buffer. I hit my 4 stone loss this morning and have decided to put the weight loss breaks on. Time to knuckle down maintaining, but I will still be following the plan, just upping my points slightly.
well done hun, it feels great doesn't it :)

Thank you for your replies - I have now signed up (but missed the offer as saw the rest of this thread after, doh!!)

I started off brilliantly today and had all my meals planned out but struggled with the 4 o'clock munchies... Tried fruit but it just doesn't fill the gap :-( Hey ho, have tomorrow planned out too and will try and have dinner ready to go as soon as I get back from work so don't minesweep the kitchen cupboards which is my downfall.

Looking forward to searching the ww board for tips and support!

Howie - well done on a fantastic weight loss, you must be feeling so proud of yourself!!

Thanks again,

YG

once you get into the routine you will do great, remember if u do get the munches you have your weeklies to fall back on.
good luck with your weightloss :)

I don't know if you have a smart phone but I have the app on my iPhone. It is fantastic and I wouldn't be able to stick to the plan without it. As I lose note books and paper but never lose my phone. I plan before hand and add food as I go.
Minimins app is great too!! :)

Thank you for all the support ladies - you are very kind.

Today was a bit easier but I think it takes a bit of getting your head around.

I have the android app but unless I am missing something it seems a faff as you need to enter fibre/salt etc instead of just typing in a name like you can online. I may be a bit dim though...

Thanks,

YG

Back