Thinking of starting a VLCD, weight stalled currently, help!

TickleKate

Hi guys

Posted this in Slim and Save too. Just wondering if anyone can advise me? Brief history, im 29 (30 in sept eek!) Have two kids (DS 3 and DD 11 months). Was diagnosed as hypothyroid in Feb 2012 and am on levothyroxine, I have been on all kinds of diets for much of my adult life, was doing fine on Weightwatchers and have lost almost 2 stones. But for the last 7 weeks i have been working my butt off doing WeightWatchers, and lost NOTHING! grrr. I stick to points, exercise 2 1/2 hours a week etc etc and im just stuck. Im so disheartened, have had thyroid levels checked and they are fine, was feeling rough tho so have recently increased to 50 mcg and all of the "rough" feelings have gone, bar the weight loss.

So im considering a change of tack, i really wanted to avoid a VLCD again (have done CD and W8) mainly due to energy needed for my job and home life but also want to show my kids that following a healthy diet and exercising is the way to stay healthy blah blah but im fed up and cant carry on being so miserable and getting no results.

But now im worried that if im not losing with WW whats to say even doing a VLCD would make it budge? I can do a VLCD if im going to get the results but am terrified of doing it and losing nothing, or losing some paltry 2lbs in the first week which would just be glycogen stores anyway!

Was anyone else hypothyroid and struggling to lose then had some good losses with S and S?
Has anyone any words of wisdom?

am feeling sooo desperate and fed up, please help me!

thanks for listening to my rant :)
Katy x

Hi there!! Sounds like your having a bit of a tough time at the mo'. I don't have hyperthyroid, but I think if your not loosing fast enough with WW, then it might be an idea to give a VLCD a try for a couple of weeks. The dramatic calorie reduction could be exactly what you need to get your body loosing weight again.

Good Luck!! Let us know how it goes.

Back