Thinking of starting WW - advice needed please

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by jessie15, 22 February 2010 Social URL.

1. jessie15

jessie15 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(20.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there, I am thinking of starting WW, not sure which is best way of following the plan, online or going to meetings? Or could I go it alone? if so what books do I need to get to grips with the plan?

Does anyone know the cost of going to class at all?

I did WW a fair while ago and have no idea of what points I can have or how to calculate what points are in certain foods, do they still give you a "calculater" in class?

Sorry for all the question, but I hope someone can help, many thanks for reading this! :):)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. carlah24

carlah24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    hiya hun

I do it alone i have the shopping and eating out guide.

Theres a sticky at the top of ww forum that tells you how to work your points out?

4. jessie15

jessie15 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(20.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Carlah24, thank you for your reply. I am really looking forward to starting this diet and think I may go to my local meeting tomorrow morning. Watch this space..... I last joined a good few years ago and wondered if there had been many changes at all?

I see that you are going to Turkey in May, I am also going there in June and can not wait!!! Where abouts are you going?

5. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    hey!

Its £5.50 per week but £17.95 for a "Monthly pass" and its taken out of your account each month after and you get the shopping guide and eating out guide free when you join that.

I definately recommend going to class. theres 4 of us at work who do it, 3 go to class one just uses the online stuff and she hasnt managed to lose anything because theres nobody weighing her in.

I know i love the classes because if i didnt go i'd never diet!

6. Eclipse

Eclipse Gold Member

jessie - go to the WW website, there is a voucher which enables you to register for free, and the first class is free, so you can join for nothing, then next week you can take out the monthly pass and save even more - thats what I did lol x

7. carlah24

carlah24 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Atkins

Im going to Marmaris hun i love it there been there 4 times already :D im sooo excited cant wait :D

Good luck with diet im sure you will do great

8. shrinkingannie

shrinkingannie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(28.36%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    Id recommend going to class too, I cant stay to the class at the minute because I have to bring my two boys and they are too small to sit quietly but I still find it more motivating to go and be weighed.

9. jessie15

jessie15 Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(20.49%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi again, thank you for all your input. I printed off the voucher as advised by Eclipse (thankyou!) and went to my local meeting today, signed up for the monthly pass, so here goes..... Hope I go on ok and expect I will be here asking loads more questions before long.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.